Windows 10: Loud Squealing Noise

Discus and support Loud Squealing Noise in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running windows 7 on a Dell desktop computer. It has started making a very annoying and loud squealing noise. I have cleaned the dust from inside... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tinhorse00, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Loud Squealing Noise

I am running windows 7 on a Dell desktop computer. It has started making a very annoying and loud squealing noise. I have cleaned the dust from inside thinking it may be overheating. I also wiggled the boards to make sure all were seated good. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this and how to stop it? Thanks

:)

Tinhorse00, Mar 15, 2017

2. My Nokia E71x charger is making noise

Mine also makes a noise, just an intermittent kind of low pitch squeal. It is normal, bit odd if it is very loud though. Compare the sound with someone elses if you can?

doooford---01, Mar 15, 2017
  3. Tetrion Win User
    nokia lumiab 920 .

I have a loud static, squealing noise and no other sound no ringing no voice just noise from my Lumia 920

Any body have an idea what's going on? It was dropped once about 6-8 inches to table top.

Tetrion, Mar 15, 2017
  4. kipper Win User

Loud Squealing Noise

Try disconnecting any case fans one at a time and see if the noise stops.......if it does then you have a fan that is on it's way out......

kipper, Mar 15, 2017
  5. IT sounds like a fan may be going bad on you. The bearings in the fans can make that kind of sound when they wear out. I would check your fans. While its running, use your finger or something small to stop each one for a second or two and see if the sound stops.

This may also be a HDD wearing out as well, though its doubtful. I would think that the drive would stop working or booting at all if that is the case.

ArazelEternal, Mar 15, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Fan or Hard Drive. Do not disconnect the fan from the CPU heatsink, since most motherboards that are higher end will not turn on when the bios does not detect that fan.

When blowing units out, you should only use higher pressure such as from an air compressor if you have pulled the Motherboard and power supply to get the dust out of them. I always turn the pressure down when I use a compressor. Fans can end up showing failure when you get the crud cleaned out of them in the same way that a vehicle engine does when you get the oil and crud cleaned off for a minor engine repair.

bro67, Mar 15, 2017
  7. kipper Win User
    Yes, that is why I mentioned "case fans"...........I doubt it is a HHD noise, they usually sound more like shaking a small box of rocks......

kipper, Mar 15, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Loud Squealing Noise

Actually a failing hard drive sounds like a squealing noise not like a bunch of rocks shaking when the bearing starts failing. When the heads start failing, you hear a slapping noise from the arm going back and forth. When you open up a drive, you will see the track marks across the platters.

bro67, Mar 17, 2017
  9. kipper Win User
    Well, sounds like some hear things one way and some another.......Still waiting for an update from his investigation, still most likely one of the fans are failing.....

kipper, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Loud Squealing Noise

1. Loud Squealing Noise - Similar Threads - Loud Squealing Noise

2. Microphone loud noises

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone loud noises: Hi. Recently bought a HyperX quadcast S, it worked fine until it started doing a weird noise, almost earrape. So i sent it back and bought another one: same thing happened. I have proof here: https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardCrazyWaffleTwitchRPG-u2ntiedz9edWrNrc...
  3. Microphone loud noises

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone loud noises: Hi. Recently bought a HyperX quadcast S, it worked fine until it started doing a weird noise, almost earrape. So i sent it back and bought another one: same thing happened. I have proof here: https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardCrazyWaffleTwitchRPG-u2ntiedz9edWrNrc...
  4. Microphone loud noises

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Loud Static Noise

Loud Static Noise: So, just now my laptop started playing a very loud static sound from its left speaker, and the right speaker seems to be much quieter, but is playing the audio without any static. I had just installed and was using the midi control center for my midi controller. Though i...
  6. Very Loud Fan noise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very Loud Fan noise: Hi, Today suddenly laptop fan became noisy. To add, it happened at-least 3 times, that the fan noise was very very high for 2 minutes or so. Laptop was working quite well till yesterday, but today even when I login to windows, the fan starts and so is the noise. I reset...
  7. new dell xps making occasional squeal sound (not loud)

new dell xps making occasional squeal sound (not loud): I can't seem to find a pattern as to when it happens. It just makes this low squeal sound every now and again. It lasts for maybe 5 seconds. I called Dell and they updated a driver but it is still happening and the customer service rep has become unresponsive. I can't decide...
  8. Loud noises

Loud noises: whenever I turn on my computer it starts making a loud static noise . I cant turn it off until i turn my computer off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loud-noises/d3b5fe5b-02ce-4d42-b5f2-2ddbda803e59
  9. Realtek loud noise

Realtek loud noise: Hello, I have Realtek Microphone in Recording settings of sound and Realtek Digital Output in Playback. I did not make any updates for my Windows 10 64-bit for last few weeks or changes in settings, and this problem stats when I start my computer today. I tried to...
  10. Loud buzzing noise

in Windows 10 Support
    Loud buzzing noise: Hello! I have a year-old Lenovo G500 laptop, and recently it started doing this loud, buzzing sound quite often, even when there's only one program opened. I checked CPU and disk usage the first few times it happened, but they're fairly low. I'm not really tech-savvy, so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. squealing noise from desktop computer

2. very loud squealing from desktop