Windows 10: Loud Static noise from headphone jack

Discus and support Loud Static noise from headphone jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Starting very suddenly, I have a weird issue with my laptop. I was listening to audio on headphones plugged into the headphone jack when suddenly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MoritzWettstein, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Loud Static noise from headphone jack

Starting very suddenly, I have a weird issue with my laptop.

I was listening to audio on headphones plugged into the headphone jack when suddenly, very loud static noise started playing over the actual audio. After about 30 seconds of that Windows even crashed saying something about an 'apc index mismatch'

Ever since then, the very loud static noise plays on the headphones when they are plugged in. The built-in speakers work just fine. I have also tried with a different pair of headphones, with the same static noise.

Things I have tried:

Windows Update

Looking for driver updates in device manager

Windows Sound Problems Troubleshooter

If anyone has any idea how to solve this or what might be causing it, I would be very happy.

:)

MoritzWettstein, Mar 12, 2020

2. static noise using headphone jack on my PC

i seem to have loud like static noise when using audio speakers plugged into headphone jack on my PC. have had computer 2 yrs. didnt have problem at first when got comp. have tried another set speakers and get same noise, what can i do to fix this?

pattystiles, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Front Panel Microphone Jack Producing Static Noise

Hello All.

Recently I had built my own PC for gaming. I have my Astro A10 headset from my console to use. I had plugged the headset to the front headset jack and that works fine. The headset comes with only one 3.5mm jack, so I had to purchase a splitter. After plugging
    in the splitter to talk to my friends online, they had complained that they were not able to hear my voice and were instead hearing a constant, loud static noise. The splitter seems to allow me to hear, but not speak. I had tried to troubleshoot to see if
    it was the PC tower, plug, splitter, headset, etc. by attempting the following actions:

• Plugged the splitter to the mic jack behind the computer - microphone worked
    • Checked the driver for an update - driver up to date
    • Ran the Windows troubleshoot tool - no issues were located
    • Tried different pair of headphones (Apple earplugs because those are all I have) - still receiving microphone static
    • Made sure the AudioHD cable on the motherboard was fully plugged in - it was
    • Made sure the AudioHD cable was farther from the power source - it now is
    • Checked various Youtube videos and online threads - no success

I believe I did most of what I can do and listed what I had done. Any suggestions, please?

Thank you, All!!!!

theeRYANator, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Loud Static noise from headphone jack

Headphone jack producing static noise.

I have a Acer TravelMate B117 that I have been having audio issues with. My speakers work fine (they were acting up so I restarted my laptop and this is when the troubles started to occur, also wasn't even picking up that there was anything plugged in
    before restart), but whenever I plug in headphones or earphones (I have tried it with multiple things in the headphone jack, all produced the static). They play sounds but there is static, the levels being too high make the sound distorted (similar to earrape
    videos) and I tried disabling/re-enabling the speakers and still same.

I believe that the headphone jack is the thing that is causing the problem and would like any help I can get. I'm getting a headache from the static (didn't listen to it for long but head hurts) and would like some answers to why this is happening.

AlliDaKitKat, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Loud Static noise from headphone jack

1. Loud Static noise from headphone jack - Similar Threads - Loud Static noise

2. my headphones are playing loud static over the noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my headphones are playing loud static over the noise: So basically at random times my headphones started playing loud static noises over the current sounds such as music or any type of audio, if there's no audio there is no static sound. I don't know why it's happening....
  3. my headphones are playing loud static over the noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headphones are playing loud static over the noise: So basically at random times my headphones started playing loud static noises over the current sounds such as music or any type of audio, if there's no audio there is no static sound. I don't know why it's happening....
  4. my headphones are playing loud static over the noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Static sound (Loud White Noise)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Static sound (Loud White Noise): Whenever I start up my computer or play any kind of audio, there’s an extremely annoying static sound in my earbuds. The issue does not happen with the computer’s speakers. I have tested it with multiple earbuds so I know it is not the earbuds’ problem. I’m not sure if this...
  6. Loud Static Noise

Loud Static Noise: So, just now my laptop started playing a very loud static sound from its left speaker, and the right speaker seems to be much quieter, but is playing the audio without any static. I had just installed and was using the midi control center for my midi controller. Though i...
  7. Headphone jack producing static noise.

Headphone jack producing static noise.: I have a Acer TravelMate B117 that I have been having audio issues with. My speakers work fine (they were acting up so I restarted my laptop and this is when the troubles started to occur, also wasn't even picking up that there was anything plugged in before restart), but...
  8. Static noise in external speakers connected to headphone jack.

Static noise in external speakers connected to headphone jack.: I purchased a new computer with Windows 10, version 1803 installed. When I connected my external speakers to the headphone jack, I get a constant static noise in my speakers. I notice that it starts about 5 seconds after I power up the computer during the boot up. It...
  9. Loud static noise when recording from microphone

Loud static noise when recording from microphone: I'm not sure if it's a problem with the computer, but I cannot confirm as this is the only one I have. When you disconnect and reconnect it will work perfectly fine for a while, but then, after a few minutes, it suddenly gets distorted, with a really loud static noise and the...
  10. Please Help! Loud Static Noise From Speakers

Please Help! Loud Static Noise From Speakers: I have a HP Pavilion 15-n020nr andfor no reason at all my laptop started making this noise. At first it was intermittent static, almost like static beeping, but then it became steady. I restarted my laptop, but it started up again once I turned it back on. I also heard it...