Windows 10: Loud static noise then total lockup-crash-freeze

Discus and support Loud static noise then total lockup-crash-freeze in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm getting these more an more frequently. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it either. My computer can be totally idle and I come back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mattsonberg, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Loud static noise then total lockup-crash-freeze

I'm getting these more an more frequently. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it either. My computer can be totally idle and I come back to it and it's locked up or I can be simply reading something on the web and it might happen. Can anyone offer any support on this?

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz 31 °C
    Skylake 14nm Technology
    RAM
    32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1199MHz (16-16-16-39)
    Motherboard
    MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING (MS-7984) (U3E1) 42 °C
    Graphics
    2752H (1920x1080@60Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (Gigabyte) 51 °C
    Storage
    465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD) 43 °C
    1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 (SATA) 44 °C
    447GB KINGSTON SV300S37A480G (SSD) 34 °C
    931GB Western Digital WD My Passport 0810 USB Device (SSD) 43 °C
    1862GB Western Digital WD My Passport 0820 USB Device (SSD) 43 °C
    1862GB Western Digital WD My Passport 0827 USB Device (SSD) 43 °C
    596GB Western Digital WD 6400AAV External USB Device (SSD) 43 °C
    Optical Drives
    LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1L
    Audio
    AudioBox USB Audio

:)

mattsonberg, Apr 26, 2016
  2. nout72 Win User

Static noise, a loud buzzing noise

I recently bought a Nokia 3720 Classic which I like quite a lot, especially the clean, simple looks and quality screen.

But there's something that may be or may become a problem.

When calling there's this loud buzzing static noise, a noise I myself and the people on the other end can hear very clearly and which is very annoying.

BUT - and this is the point why I am not sure if I should make an issue out of this - ONLY at a certain volume level: in all cases a simple lowering or increasing the loudness will get rid of this static.

The last time I phoned when I had this static noise, the volume was set at 4 (4 green stripes) and when I lowered it or increased it it was gone.

So my questions:

Is there anyone else who has this trouble? maybe specifically when the volume is set at 4?

Should I make an issue out of this?

And is there some explanation why lowering or increasing the volume will get rid of the static?

Thanks in advance.

Nout

nout72, Apr 26, 2016
  3. nout72 Win User
    Static noise, a loud buzzing noise

Hi Explorer386,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I can confirm that this noise is only there at volume level 4 and that removing the back takes the noise away.

But if it remains exclusively at volume level 4 then I can live with it, level 5 isn't that much louder...so if I just keep the volume at level 5 and everything should be fine for me.

There's another bug I have encountered: a jumping back to the default Nokia Theme ringtone after a while, but this seem related to changing themes a lot...I give it another week to decide if I can live with these shortcomings.

nout72, Apr 26, 2016
Thema:

Loud static noise then total lockup-crash-freeze

1. Loud static noise then total lockup-crash-freeze - Similar Threads - Loud static noise

2. my headphones are playing loud static over the noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my headphones are playing loud static over the noise: So basically at random times my headphones started playing loud static noises over the current sounds such as music or any type of audio, if there's no audio there is no static sound. I don't know why it's happening....
  3. my headphones are playing loud static over the noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my headphones are playing loud static over the noise: So basically at random times my headphones started playing loud static noises over the current sounds such as music or any type of audio, if there's no audio there is no static sound. I don't know why it's happening....
  4. Occasional really loud static noise in mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional really loud static noise in mic: I have a Hyperx Quadcast microphone and I record with OBS, every now and then there will be a really loud static noise that actually hurt my ears when I played back one of my recordings, it seems to go on for maybe 15 or 20 minutes before going back to normal audio, although...
  5. Occasional really loud static noise in mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Occasional really loud static noise in mic: I have a Hyperx Quadcast microphone and I record with OBS, every now and then there will be a really loud static noise that actually hurt my ears when I played back one of my recordings, it seems to go on for maybe 15 or 20 minutes before going back to normal audio, although...
  6. Occasional really loud static noise in mic

7. Static sound (Loud White Noise)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Static sound (Loud White Noise): Whenever I start up my computer or play any kind of audio, there’s an extremely annoying static sound in my earbuds. The issue does not happen with the computer’s speakers. I have tested it with multiple earbuds so I know it is not the earbuds’ problem. I’m not sure if this...
  8. Loud Static Noise

Loud Static Noise: So, just now my laptop started playing a very loud static sound from its left speaker, and the right speaker seems to be much quieter, but is playing the audio without any static. I had just installed and was using the midi control center for my midi controller. Though i...
  9. Loud Static noise from headphone jack

Loud Static noise from headphone jack: Starting very suddenly, I have a weird issue with my laptop. I was listening to audio on headphones plugged into the headphone jack when suddenly, very loud static noise started playing over the actual audio. After about 30 seconds of that Windows even crashed saying...
  10. Loud static noise when recording from microphone

Loud static noise when recording from microphone: I'm not sure if it's a problem with the computer, but I cannot confirm as this is the only one I have. When you disconnect and reconnect it will work perfectly fine for a while, but then, after a few minutes, it suddenly gets distorted, with a really loud static noise and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer making static noise then crash