Windows 10: Loudness enhancement is disabled

Discus and support Loudness enhancement is disabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Loudness enhancement is disabled This my second posting on this subject. Just got a new Dell 15 3000 i5 8GB RAM for streaming music. Speaker default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jaapmark, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Jaapmark Win User

Loudness enhancement is disabled

This my second posting on this subject. Just got a new Dell 15 3000 i5 8GB RAM for streaming music. Speaker default is set for Dragonfly, a USB DAC, which is connected to my sound system. I always use the loudness equalizer in Windows 10. With this computer it says under the box with the enhancements options: disabled. When I click on loudness equalization it says; enabled, but then when I click 'apply' or 'OK' it goes disabled again. It simply does not function. Can anyone help?

I received a reply and sent in some screenshots but have heard nothing since. Is there anyone out there who can help me with this vexing problem. It is a brand new computer and this should not be happening. Microsoft???

:)

Jaapmark, Nov 9, 2019

2. Audio Enhancements Problem

Driver enhancements give you some special sound effects that will enhance your audio experience.

The steps to disable driver enhancements are listed below:

a. Click Start.

b. Type Sound in the Start search box and click
    Sound from the available options.

c. On the Playback
    tab, click Speakers and then click Properties.

d. Click the Enhancements
    tab and then select the Disable all enhancements check box.

If disabling driver enhancements doesn't help, please follow the steps given below:

a. Right click on volume icon in system tray.

b. Select Playback Devices. Select the Speakers icon, and click
    Properties.

c. Select the Enhancements tab.

d. Scroll down to Loudness Equalization and check the box.

e. Click Apply.

If the above given methods do not help, please uninstall your Audio driver, restart your PC and again install it.

Sagun Raj Lage, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 audio enhancements KEEP disabling!

Ever since the newest update, EVERY 5 minutes I get a message saying "Audio enhancements have been disabled. Would you like to re enable?" And when I click yes, everything goes back to normal. Until I click yes, everything is SUPER loud. then 5 minutes
    later... audio enhancements are disabled again. how to I set it so that audio enhancements are PERMANENTLY disabled? I am using windows 10 with sades sa902

killia1111, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Loudness enhancement is disabled

Windows 10- 64 - Realtek audio - Verizon Messenger app (from app store) sounds are reducing my system/music volume.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The volume of the audio might reduce automatically, if Loudness Equalization is enabled in audio enhancements.

Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1:
    Disable the Loudness Equalization from audio enhancements settings.

1. Right-click on the volume icon on the taskbar.
    2. Select Sounds option from the list.
    3. Click on the Playback tab.
    4. Now right-click on the Speakers and select Properties from the list.
    5. Click on the Enhancements tab.
    6. Uncheck Loudness Equalization option.

Method 2: If you still face the issue, we can try running the
    Audio Troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    2. Click on 'Update & Security' option.
    3. Select 'Troubleshoot' option.
    4. Now click on the 'Playing Audio' from the list and 'Run the troubleshooter'.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Loudness enhancement is disabled - Similar Threads - Loudness enhancement disabled

2. How to disable auto enhance on photos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable auto enhance on photos.: This standard advice below doesn't work. Clicking the gear opens settings but there is no "Automatically enhance my photos" switch to turn on or off.I have heard this problem has been corrected, but it's still a problem on my copy. I simply want to open and view my original...
  3. How to disable auto-enhance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable auto-enhance: Hello,I im an amateur photographer and have been struggling with the auto enhance thing of windows. I love to underexpose photos and windows turns them as bright as day and as noisy as a fighter jet and it looks horrible. I have tried using other apps or programs and it...
  4. How to disable auto-enhance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable auto-enhance: Hello,I im an amateur photographer and have been struggling with the auto enhance thing of windows. I love to underexpose photos and windows turns them as bright as day and as noisy as a fighter jet and it looks horrible. I have tried using other apps or programs and it...
  5. There is no disable all sounds button on enhancements

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There is no disable all sounds button on enhancements: [ATTACH]I was hearing a buzzing noise with my headpones so i searched it and a saw a solution that seemed to be working with others. I went to fix it myself but i couldnt find the button. The headphone sound is really annoying and i have to use my headphones every day for...
  6. Problem With Disabling Enhance Pointer Precision

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem With Disabling Enhance Pointer Precision: I disabled "Enhance Pointer Precision" in the windows 10 mouse settings but since I did this my mouse suddenly stops when dragging it. It ranges from a couple milliseconds to a second or two of being stopped. Anyone know a possible fix? My mouse is the Logitech G Pro...
  7. Windows Auto Enhance Disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Auto Enhance Disable: Hello. I am using windows 10 home currently. In the settings on the photos app, I can not find the disable auto-enhance toggle button. When I click on my pictures from inside my file manager, it launches the photos app where windows automatically enhances the picture. This is...
  8. Windows Auto Enhance Disable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Auto Enhance Disable: Hello. I am using windows 10 home currently. In the settings on the photos app, I can not find the disable auto-enhance toggle button. When I click on my pictures from inside my file manager, it launches the photos app where windows automatically enhances the picture. This is...
  9. Loudness enhancement is disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loudness enhancement is disabled: Just got a new Dell 15 3000 i5 8GB RAM for streaming music. Speaker default is set for Dragonfly, a USB DAC, which is connected to my sound system. I always use the loudness equalizer in Windows 10. With this computer it says under the box with the enhancements options:...
  10. Disable auto enhance in Photos app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable auto enhance in Photos app: Hi, I'm having some problems with the Photos app as it automatically enhances my RAW photos, which is kind of ridiculous without actually giving me the option to disable it or not. I've searched online and people suggest to simply disable ''Automatically enhance your...