Windows 10: Love Win10, But miss the Handwriting panel from 8.1.

Discus and support Love Win10, But miss the Handwriting panel from 8.1. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday I finally installed win10 on my Surface Pro 2 after trying it out on my desktop for a few weeks. But going to the handwriting panel was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by revmike, Sep 6, 2015.

1. revmike Win User

Love Win10, But miss the Handwriting panel from 8.1.

Yesterday I finally installed win10 on my Surface Pro 2 after trying it out on my desktop for a few weeks. But going to the handwriting panel was a such disappointment, there are times when I need to take written notes and whoever redesigned it obviously did not test out its functionality. Simple tasks in the previous version are either none existent or so hindered in it's use that it's more difficult to make it work, that its easier to just a pen and paper. It would have been nice to have had the option of using the one in 10 or 8.1. Hopefully this will eventually be corrected.

:)

revmike, Sep 6, 2015

2. The Handwriting Panel in WIndows 10 is so horrible, how can I have the old one back?

I bought a Surface a few weeks ago and loved it. I really loved the handwriting panel as this is the only tablet that actually turned handwriting to text, reliably. Then I did the upgrade to Windows 10 - and now the handwriting panel is terrible! My reason
    for buying the Surface is gone!!

Please, is there some way to get the old panel back, from 8.1? Can I revert my windows upgrade back to windows 8.1? Do I have to buy a new version of windows? I would do that, pay the several hundred dollars for a new product key to simply have a good
    handwriting panel.

Thank you

Scott

ScottWasmer, Sep 6, 2015
  3. The Handwriting Panel in WIndows 10 is so horrible, how can I have the old one back?

Hi Brent,

FYI...if you hit the space button in the handwriting input panel it will clear the panel and allow you to keep writing on the same line.

I'm still missing the way 8.1 worked for the handwriting input panel. Having zero ability to make corrections to Window's interpretation of my handwriting is extremely frustrating.

-Martin

MartinLeif, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

Love Win10, But miss the Handwriting panel from 8.1.

1. Love Win10, But miss the Handwriting panel from 8.1. - Similar Threads - Love Win10 miss

2. Handwriting Panel Lost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting Panel Lost?: I have a surface pro 3 and after upgrading to Windows 11, I lost tablet mode which took away my access to the handwriting panel. So my question is, will I no longer have the handwriting panel?...
  3. Handwriting Panel Lost?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Handwriting Panel Lost?: I have a surface pro 3 and after upgrading to Windows 11, I lost tablet mode which took away my access to the handwriting panel. So my question is, will I no longer have the handwriting panel?...
  4. Handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Handwriting panel: The handwriting panel either disappears, or what ever am an trying to write on disappears if I rest my hand on the screen to write. I don't see any palm reject settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/handwriting-panel/cc4a1e0e-a035-4b74-9573-1b0840d93819
  5. Remove "Editing tips" from handwriting panel.

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove "Editing tips" from handwriting panel.: Win 10 Pro (1903; 18362.720). Office 365 subscription, version 12430 Hi there great hive mind. Please help me remove the Editing tips icon/button on the handwriting panel. I have an Asus Flip S which I basically use with the stylus as if it were a piece of paper but with...
  6. Disable Win10 Handwriting ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Win10 Handwriting ?: Hey, i have a SP7 is there a way to disable handwriting and use the on-screen keyboard instead? The pen is really nice to navigate the surface but its really annoying to use the handwriting panel to search something submitted by /u/xukaplyat [link] [comments]...
  7. opening handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening handwriting panel: how does one open the handwriting panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-handwriting-panel/059f5c5d-63a0-4920-9424-e75e6c38c5a9
  8. 1703 Handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1703 Handwriting panel: Just wanted to know if I can get the Windows 10 1709 handwriting panel on Windows 1703 as I am using a Thinkpad 2 running the atom processor which has been ditched by Microsoft? I cant deal with having to tap the space bar button when I reach the end of the panel. Thank you...
  9. Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip: Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows Ink Handwriting Input Panel How to turn off :: Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip - via Registry only? 97751
  10. Virtual Keyboard vs. Handwriting Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual Keyboard vs. Handwriting Panel?: In Tablet Mode. when you need to enter text sometimes the virtual keyboard pops up and sometimes the handwriting panel (is that what it's called?) pops up. What determines which one pops up? I'd rather get the virtual keyboard every time. Is there a setting for that? 34820