Windows 10: Lovin windows 10 recovery options

Discus and support Lovin windows 10 recovery options in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows doesn’t boot? Just boot into safe mode by booting the computer up and restarting from the login screen. Can’t get to the login screen? just do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nBow51, Dec 1, 2021.

1. /u/nBow51 Win User

Lovin windows 10 recovery options

Windows doesn’t boot? Just boot into safe mode by booting the computer up and restarting from the login screen. Can’t get to the login screen? just do it from the recovery screen. Can’t get to the recovery screen? Just boot into windows and restart into the recovery screen. Restart 3 times that will force it. Nah none of it works. Also why would you guys change it to where safe mode requires you to boot up in non safe mode? It’s entire purpose is for PCs that you can no longer access. Why would you make every recovery option mostly accessible only if you can boot the pc. It’s honestly not worth the extra 3 seconds it saved on booting to skip the preboot options. Just gonna boot from a usb I guess. I still don’t know what kinda genius suggested removing preboot options for safe mode and recovery…

submitted by /u/nBow51
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nBow51, Dec 1, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 recovery options ?.

When the password is wrong and the pin number is wrong is there a way recover the data or even the OS ?.

The extra added issue to this is that the systems running UEFI so no inputs working on boot, so how do you get in to the recovery options.

Could it be as simple as plugging in a USB drive with windows 10 on it and hoping it boots up off it ?. It's the only option not tried as yet as the owner of the system as just got out of hospital wanted to try passwords and pins which seemed to fail every time even though he\she is pretty sure are right.

I am thinking that's the way to go is there any other ways to gain access other than taking the drive out of the system. Data on the system is important too.

AsRock, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Lovin windows 10 recovery options - Similar Threads - Lovin recovery options

2. windows 10 to windows 11 no recovery option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 to windows 11 no recovery option: i was using windows 11 i did install media creation for windows 10 and downloaded windows 10 with a backupfolder windows.old for windows 11 but now i cannot see that recovery option in this windows 10 i want to go back to windows 11 my all data is in format of windows 11 and...
  3. windows 10 to windows 11 no recovery option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 to windows 11 no recovery option: i was using windows 11 i did install media creation for windows 10 and downloaded windows 10 with a backupfolder windows.old for windows 11 but now i cannot see that recovery option in this windows 10 i want to go back to windows 11 my all data is in format of windows 11 and...
  4. Recovery options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery options in Windows 10: I have some entries in the menu when I go to System Recovery>Use a Device. There is an entry for Ubuntu, which I've installed Ubuntu on this PC before; and the only way I know to delete the partitions is to delete them in computer management so I'm thinking maybe the entry...
  5. Recovery options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery options in Windows 10: I have some entries in the menu when I go to System Recovery>Use a Device. There is an entry for Ubuntu, which I've installed Ubuntu on this PC before; and the only way I know to delete the partitions is to delete them in computer management so I'm thinking maybe the entry...
  6. Recovery options in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. None of Windows 10 recovery options working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    None of Windows 10 recovery options working: I can’t log in to Windows 10 as the password field is not appearing on the lock screen. All the solutions for this I’ve found online need you to get past the lock screen, and I can’t - no matter how many times I shut down or restart, the password field never appears. I’ve...
  8. Windows 10 Recovery/Advanced Startup Options

Windows 10 Recovery/Advanced Startup Options: My Windows 10 features the latest updates. My recovery/advanced startup screens, however, lacks both Startup Repair and System Image Recovery options. The second is peculiar as I use System Image Recovery and the control panel says it's working fine. I've had this problem...
  9. Win8.1 to Win 10 recovery options

Win8.1 to Win 10 recovery options: Hello, I had brought a new laptop with W8.1 Home and used the option to upgrade to W10 Home and the system has been running smoothly for an year now the system does not boot so I would like to understand what are the recovery options available. As i tried to recover using...
  10. I'm lovin it!

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm lovin it!: I dunno guys, I am the biggest computer doofuss in the world. (Well Top 10) , but I installed W10 yesterday and I am lovin it! I originally had an error that would not allow me to download the upgrade, but detailed instructions showed me what to do and it was quick and...