Windows 10: Low audio at max volume on new pc

Discus and support Low audio at max volume on new pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently just built a new pc after switching from my old msi laptop. I'm on a gigabyte b450m ds3h and am noticing low audio compared to my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gungakia, May 19, 2020.

1. Low audio at max volume on new pc

I recently just built a new pc after switching from my old msi laptop. I'm on a gigabyte b450m ds3h and am noticing low audio compared to my old laptop. At 100% volume it feels like what it would be at 50% on my laptop. I tried reinstalling my audio drivers multiple times and checking all the playback settings in control panel. Im using my razer kraken pro which ive been using about a year. any help would appreciated, thanks.

submitted by /u/Gungakia
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gungakia, May 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 maxes out volume sometimes

I got the same problem and installing new software is not helping. I got Asus T100HA notebook. My sound devices listed in the device manager are: Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) and Realtek I2S Audio Codec. As mentioned above, when watching youtube or a movie
    on VLC, after hiting pause and play again, the volume is maxed out which is kinda unpleasent for ears especially when I am using headphones. Then /i quickly have to move volume buttons on the notebook to lower the volume. What is weird is that while usually
    one click is 2% volume, it is always one click after this auto volume maxing to move the volmy back to my desired level like 12. So that may suggest that according to the volume indicator it is not maxed out and touching the buttons refreshs the setting. Either
    way it is extremly annoying. Maybe we should sue somebody for hearing damage?

Patrickzamorski, May 19, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Low Audio Volume when listening songs

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving this issue. Thank you for providing the detailed information. I understand that you get low audio level while playing songs.

Ideally, the level of audio depends on the type of the audio file that you are playing. However, I would suggest you to try using the Audio Enhancements, which will boost the audio level and help you get a better audio experience. Refer the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Under Playback tab, double click on the sound device that you are using.
    4. Click on Enhancements tab.
    5. Select the checkbox for Loudness Equalization.
    6. Click on OK.

If the issue persists, you may want to try updating the Audio drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on the Audio
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

You may also want to check the Audio levels for specific applications in the Volume Mixer. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the Sound icon on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Select Open Volume Mixer.
    3. Now, adjust the Volume levels for the Applications as per your requirement.

Refer the screenshot below:

Low audio at max volume on new pc 5c89acd0-2ea3-4a5a-99cb-5f8c01a94726?upload=true.png

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 19, 2020
  4. EdTittel Win User

Low audio at max volume on new pc

low max volume level

There's a TenForums thread on this with some useful information: Low sound volume - Windows 10 Forums. Also resident member @fireberd is an audio professional/musician who knows more about PC audio than most people do. And finally, there are free and for-a-fee ($24.99) versions of FxSound Premium available online that will boost your audio to 150% (free version) up to 200% (for-a-fee version) of its "normal" levels, whatever those may happen to be.
    FWIW, you should work your way through your audio setup, settings, and volume controls before you turn to add-ons. @Berton should be able to dispense some excellent advice, and the afore-linked thread has lots of good tips, too. Then, you can start digging into these Bing search tips.
    Only after exhausting all these possibilities with no joy would I recommend digging into FXSound (either free or premium versions).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Low audio at max volume on new pc

1. Low audio at max volume on new pc - Similar Threads - Low audio max

2. audio volume not loud enough at max setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio volume not loud enough at max setting: audio volume not loud enough at max setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-not-loud-enough-at-max-setting/e1361385-67f1-4cf5-83a1-c6dce34847a6
  3. audio volume not loud enough at max setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio volume not loud enough at max setting: audio volume not loud enough at max setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-not-loud-enough-at-max-setting/e1361385-67f1-4cf5-83a1-c6dce34847a6
  4. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  5. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  6. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Audio problem, random low volumes

Audio problem, random low volumes: Hi, I have a problem with the audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing a video in the Windows applications or YouTube in the browsers, the audio sometimes becomes very low and sounds flat. But when I close that application and reopen it, it returns to normal this is...
  8. Audio issue : random low volumes

Audio issue : random low volumes: Hi all, I am facing an issue with audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing any video on netflix windows applications, youtube on browsers or anything the audio sometimes randomly becomes very low and kind of sound flat. But when I close that application and reopen it...
  9. Audio volume much too low

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio volume much too low: reinstalled driver on my laptop windows 10, now the volume is too low (maxed out) to be effectively used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-much-too-low/003fbe44-bbd8-4c52-8941-90c41e7a5e20
  10. low max volume level

low max volume level: I tried FX Sound. The free version does not offer the ability to increase sound level and they say the window cannot be min i minimized. 104351