Windows 10: Low Audio from Realtek Drivers

Discus and support Low Audio from Realtek Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm new to your community, though I have visited here often over the years to get technical help with Windows. There are so many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aesthete1, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Aesthete1 Win User

Low Audio from Realtek Drivers

Hi everyone,

I'm new to your community, though I have visited here often over the years to get technical help with Windows.

There are so many helpful posts from members of this website, that yours was the first place (outside of my laptop's manufacture) I wanted to consult regarding my issue. (When I registered, I tried to provide you with as much information about my laptop as possible.)

I know this is rather lengthy, but please bear with me. I've been dealing with this problem every day for over 3 weeks and I'm at my wit's end.

I bought my first HP laptop at no cheap price, however, the sound from the speakers was very low.

Even with the volume slider at 100%, the dialogue from a DVD or video file was barely audible, while under my headset the volume would be too loud at the 25% level.

The warranty on the laptop had just ran out when I bought it from a reputable dealer, who had tried to help me with low volume as well.

You can't get technical help from HP on the phone, unless you're under warranty, so I interacted with one of their techies at their forum.

The HP guy gave me general recommendations, which I had already done on my own and from the guy who sold the laptop to me. (The seller even had me to completely reset the system, which I did.)

My soundcard is Realtek High Definition Audio, and the default version is 6.0.1.8264

The Realtek version at the HP website for my particular laptop is: 6.0.1.8117

The latest version on the Realtek website is: 6.0.1.8286

I've seen on your website, how you discuss the various Realtek High Definition Audio drivers, and I'm hoping you can guide me to one that would be better than the ones I've been trying to use.

By the way, I have a disability that requires I use dictation software to operate the computer, so I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

DNS (and headset) work great with my default driver, but the speakers are barely audible.

The Realtek driver for my particular laptop at the HP website, not only has low speaker sound, it doesn't even play the audio in stereo.

The latest driver at the Realtek website, however, does play the sound from the speakers a tiny bit louder, but not enough to be an acceptable listening level.

One driver makes the sound output, "Speaker/Headphone" and another driver makes the sound output, "Speaker." So I'm confused as to which type of driver I should be using.

I have done so much installing and uninstalling of these drivers, that I'm now worried that my registry is going to start messing up.

Any assistance you can give me is greatly appreciated.

:)

Aesthete1, Feb 25, 2018
  2. SeanPE Win User

Realtek Semiconductor Corp. driver update for Realtek High Definition Audio

Hi,

As soon as Windows 10 installs the Realtek Semiconductor Corp. driver update for Realtek High Definition Audio my audio becomes so low you cant hear it. If I uninstall the realtek drivers its fine for a short time before Windows 10 decides to 'upgrade' the
    driver again. Every realtek driver I install does the same. Only time I get audio is for a few minutes after rebooting after removing the drivers. Is there anyway just to stop windows from upgrading this particular driver?

SeanPE, Feb 25, 2018
  3. nokkika Win User
    Low Volume - any cure?

Finding the maximum volume is really low, especially when using skype, even with all on MAX volume. Been through all settings on Realtek Audio to increase it but to no avail. Anybody have a fix for this, are there updated audio drivers from Realtek that
    are worth downloading, or is it just the limitation of the tiny speakers?

nokkika, Feb 25, 2018
Thema:

Low Audio from Realtek Drivers

1. Low Audio from Realtek Drivers - Similar Threads - Low Audio Realtek

2. No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers: Windows update has, for a FIFTH TIME, completely broken the Realtek Audio Driver.Attempts to reinstall from the manufacturer's driver website don't work.Registry editing ConsoleSecurity doesn't work.Reverting Windows updates and uninstalling the latest feature updates are not...
  3. No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers: Windows update has, for a FIFTH TIME, completely broken the Realtek Audio Driver.Attempts to reinstall from the manufacturer's driver website don't work.Registry editing ConsoleSecurity doesn't work.Reverting Windows updates and uninstalling the latest feature updates are not...
  4. realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    realtek audio driver: Hi I think my system got confused with what audio driver to use. Now it is using nvidia audio drivers which is not what I am meant to be using. The realtek audio driver is in view show hidden devices in device manager and the logo looks like this with the faded logo. Only...
  5. realtek audio driver

realtek audio driver: Hi I think my system got confused with what audio driver to use. Now it is using nvidia audio drivers which is not what I am meant to be using. The realtek audio driver is in view show hidden devices in device manager and the logo looks like this with the faded logo. Only...
  6. Low volume after updating realtek audio drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low volume after updating realtek audio drivers: I updated realtek audio driver on my Laptop, Razer Blade 2018 Advance Max-Q. Before update the name I could see was realtek high definition audio but now it shows Realtek R Audio codec with DolbyAPO. My audio has gotten really low, have already tried all the...
  7. Realtek audio drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek audio drivers: OK so about 2-3 weeks ago I started getting errors on my laptop with my sound where all of a sudden I just hear robotic distorted audio and the only way to fix it was restarting, but it always came back. So I tried reinstalling realtek drivers through driver booster and...
  8. realtek audio driver

realtek audio driver: my realtek is not working properly.even when i use wired earphones, sound still comes from laptop speakers. my version is 6.0.1.8622,and when i try to update it from device manager it says - windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed....
  9. Realtek Audio Drivers . . .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Drivers . . .: My computer, is a Dell Laptop. Running Windows 10 pro 64 bit. I have, Realtek Audio Drivers, installed. They're, real nice. I have, external speakers, And, ear buds. It has a, built-in equalizer. But, earlier today. I wasn't, hearing anything. The, only thing, I was hearing....
  10. Realtek Audio Drivers :'(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio Drivers :'(: I recently bought a new XPS13 2020 model, but it came pre installed with Realtek Audio Drivers. I hate them. The audio enhancement tab is gone. Life is hard. Whenever I try to uninstall them through the device manager, I reboot, and they reappear just like magic. I just want...