Windows 10: Low audio volume after update 20H2 ver. 19042.572

Discus and support Low audio volume after update 20H2 ver. 19042.572 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After the update I have noticed that the sound is much lower despite being at maximum volume. The first time, I used the troubleshooter and it asked me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cuasperson, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Low audio volume after update 20H2 ver. 19042.572

After the update I have noticed that the sound is much lower despite being at maximum volume. The first time, I used the troubleshooter and it asked me to reboot upon finding the fault. I don't remember exactly what it was saying, but something about which all the audio packages were loaded. I rebooted and the sound was working normal. I use headphones and normally I have to lower the volume because it sounds very loud, even down to more than half. But now at maximum volume, it sounds very low. I've looked for the sound driver, reinstalled and ran the troubleshooter and it didn't detect anything. I have browsed the realtek menu and everything seems normal. Windows update updated.

Z390 Pro4 AsRock

i5 9600k

AsRock official website driver version: 10.0.19041.1

controller date: 12/06/2019

submitted by /u/cuasperson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cuasperson, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Low Audio Volume when listening songs

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving this issue. Thank you for providing the detailed information. I understand that you get low audio level while playing songs.

Ideally, the level of audio depends on the type of the audio file that you are playing. However, I would suggest you to try using the Audio Enhancements, which will boost the audio level and help you get a better audio experience. Refer the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Under Playback tab, double click on the sound device that you are using.
    4. Click on Enhancements tab.
    5. Select the checkbox for Loudness Equalization.
    6. Click on OK.

If the issue persists, you may want to try updating the Audio drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on the Audio
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

You may also want to check the Audio levels for specific applications in the Volume Mixer. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the Sound icon on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Select Open Volume Mixer.
    3. Now, adjust the Volume levels for the Applications as per your requirement.

Refer the screenshot below:

Low audio volume after update 20H2 ver. 19042.572 5c89acd0-2ea3-4a5a-99cb-5f8c01a94726?upload=true.png

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Warre1 Win User
    Warre1, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Low audio volume after update 20H2 ver. 19042.572

Brink, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Low audio volume after update 20H2 ver. 19042.572

1. Low audio volume after update 20H2 ver. 19042.572 - Similar Threads - Low audio volume

2. Audio problem, random low volumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio problem, random low volumes: Hi, I have a problem with the audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing a video in the Windows applications or YouTube in the browsers, the audio sometimes becomes very low and sounds flat. But when I close that application and reopen it, it returns to normal this is...
  3. Audio problem, random low volumes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio problem, random low volumes: Hi, I have a problem with the audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing a video in the Windows applications or YouTube in the browsers, the audio sometimes becomes very low and sounds flat. But when I close that application and reopen it, it returns to normal this is...
  4. Audio problem, random low volumes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BIOS Access Link After Update to Ver.20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Access Link After Update to Ver.20H2: Greetings, Thursday I ran the update for Ver. 20H2. Today I am trying to access the Mobo's BIOS settings via the Settings>Update & Security>Recovery Tab>Restart Now>Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>EUFI Firmware Settings path navigation I have used in years past. What a shocker,...
  6. Low volume after updating realtek audio drivers

Low volume after updating realtek audio drivers: I updated realtek audio driver on my Laptop, Razer Blade 2018 Advance Max-Q. Before update the name I could see was realtek high definition audio but now it shows Realtek R Audio codec with DolbyAPO. My audio has gotten really low, have already tried all the...
  7. Audio issue : random low volumes

Audio issue : random low volumes: Hi all, I am facing an issue with audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing any video on netflix windows applications, youtube on browsers or anything the audio sometimes randomly becomes very low and kind of sound flat. But when I close that application and reopen it...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 update will be based on Build 19042

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H2 update will be based on Build 19042: Microsoft’s typical update release calendar includes two major updates every year, one in the spring and another one in the fall. Multiple manifest files and Registry entries within Windows 10 May 2020 Update suggests Microsoft is working on another minor incremental update,...
  9. Audio volume much too low

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio volume much too low: reinstalled driver on my laptop windows 10, now the volume is too low (maxed out) to be effectively used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-much-too-low/003fbe44-bbd8-4c52-8941-90c41e7a5e20
  10. low volume after updat how to fix

in Windows 10 Customization
    low volume after updat how to fix: how to fix volume on widows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/low-volume-after-updat-how-to-fix/635396bb-6ea2-437c-8033-cb33224b001d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. version20h2 increase volume