Windows 10: low audio

Discus and support low audio in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when using my headphones I have the volume set at 100 highest possible yet it is still not adequate for me as I am hard of hearing. I've gone thru all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alanlanz, Apr 26, 2020.

1. alanlanz Win User

low audio

when using my headphones I have the volume set at 100 highest possible yet it is still not adequate for me as I am hard of hearing. I've gone thru all the settings offered, yet the volume is to me still very low. Any way to turn up the volume? PS. I didn't not have this problem until I started to use a new pair of headphones, so it probably has something to do with them. They have no controls so I don't think I can adjust them! Thanks for any input,

AL

:)

alanlanz, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Low Audio Volume when listening songs

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving this issue. Thank you for providing the detailed information. I understand that you get low audio level while playing songs.

Ideally, the level of audio depends on the type of the audio file that you are playing. However, I would suggest you to try using the Audio Enhancements, which will boost the audio level and help you get a better audio experience. Refer the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Under Playback tab, double click on the sound device that you are using.
    4. Click on Enhancements tab.
    5. Select the checkbox for Loudness Equalization.
    6. Click on OK.

If the issue persists, you may want to try updating the Audio drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on the Audio
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

You may also want to check the Audio levels for specific applications in the Volume Mixer. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the Sound icon on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Select Open Volume Mixer.
    3. Now, adjust the Volume levels for the Applications as per your requirement.

Refer the screenshot below:

low audio 5c89acd0-2ea3-4a5a-99cb-5f8c01a94726?upload=true.png

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 26, 2020
  4. nonylolo Win User

low audio

audio is too low

thank you for your response! All these steps could've helped in other audio situations but sadly not mine. I was just curious about how to check if my audio driver is fully updated or not?

And by the way I tried all your steps but none worked. The audio is not working on just one program, which is Movies and Tv. Eventually, it is working, but in a really low sound only. I would appreciate a response as soon as possible.

nonylolo, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

low audio

1. low audio - Similar Threads - low audio

2. Low quality/muffled Audio on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low quality/muffled Audio on Windows 10: I have an hp omen I bought a few years ago that until this week, I had no issues with the audio, and the computer hadn't been updated recently either or any new programs installed, it seemingly just occurred randomly. The audio input sounds low quality and muffled, regardless...
  3. Low quality/muffled Audio on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low quality/muffled Audio on Windows 10: I have an hp omen I bought a few years ago that until this week, I had no issues with the audio, and the computer hadn't been updated recently either or any new programs installed, it seemingly just occurred randomly. The audio input sounds low quality and muffled, regardless...
  4. Low quality/muffled Audio on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Delay/Low Quality on Bluetooth Audio Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delay/Low Quality on Bluetooth Audio Windows 11: I bought a pair of bluetooth earbuds JBL Tune 230NC TWS for listenning to music, watching movies, youtube, etc. When i use them on android, they sound perfect through the app, but when i tried them to use on windows, they sound awful and with an uncomfortable delay on audio...
  6. Delay/Low Quality on Bluetooth Audio Windows 11

Delay/Low Quality on Bluetooth Audio Windows 11: I bought a pair of bluetooth earbuds JBL Tune 230NC TWS for listenning to music, watching movies, youtube, etc. When i use them on android, they sound perfect through the app, but when i tried them to use on windows, they sound awful and with an uncomfortable delay on audio...
  7. I have very loud audio with headset on low volume level, what can i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have very loud audio with headset on low volume level, what can i do?: I recently bought a new hp omen and plugging my Razer Kraken v3 through USB or my Bluetooth headphones the audio from them is too loud at the point that 20% is like 100% in my ears and real 100% make my headset like and external speaker... what can i do?...
  8. I have very loud audio with headset on low volume level, what can i do?

I have very loud audio with headset on low volume level, what can i do?: I recently bought a new hp omen and plugging my Razer Kraken v3 through USB or my Bluetooth headphones the audio from them is too loud at the point that 20% is like 100% in my ears and real 100% make my headset like and external speaker... what can i do?...
  9. Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony: Over the past couple of years I have had a problem that i haven't been able to find a suitable solution for. I use a Bluetooth headset for everyday use, alongside a dedicated microphone. But when I connect my headset, programs for example games and other programs utilizing...
  10. Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony

Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony: Over the past couple of years I have had a problem that i haven't been able to find a suitable solution for. I use a Bluetooth headset for everyday use, alongside a dedicated microphone. But when I connect my headset, programs for example games and other programs utilizing...