Windows 10: Low battery notification not working suddenly, Windows 10

Discus and support Low battery notification not working suddenly, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there I have an Acer Laptop running Windows 10 which I have had for 2 years. The low battery notifications have always worked until recently. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Annaaafae, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Annaaafae Win User

Low battery notification not working suddenly, Windows 10

Hi there

I have an Acer Laptop running Windows 10 which I have had for 2 years.

The low battery notifications have always worked until recently. It now gives me about 5 seconds warning before it tells me the battery is critical and shuts down. The battery is still running for the normal amount of time unplugged. I have tried running the power troubleshooter but it just says it didn't find anything. I have also reset the battery plan settings to default.

I did try a solution that said to change the low battery level and critical battery level percentages and this did seem to work until my laptop restarted and now the notifications are not working again.

I have not downloaded anything recently, the only thing I can think of is that maybe my laptop downloaded a new update during the night as it quite often tends to do I usually just leave my laptop to sleep overnight.

Any help would be much appreciated! It is getting increasingly frustrating having my laptop shut down on me constantly throughout the day when unplugged.

Many thanks in advance.

Anna

:)

Annaaafae, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

No low battery notif + abrupt shutdown

Hi Chris-Irina,

We would like to know if you're still experiencing the issue with no low battery notification.

If yes, it is possible that this issue happened due to configuration settings. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried checking if there's any pending updates?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the suggestion shared by JohnSchoonover on this
    thread to troubleshoot your concern with no low battery notification.

If the issue still persists, we encourage you to submit a feedback or suggestion by following the steps on this
    link.
    We consider suggestions and comments provided by our users. These queries are being collated, reviewed, and can be considered for future updates.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Deactivate low battery notification

Hi,

Windows 10 may have detected your old battery, the reason why your computer kept of notifying you about the battery life. To help you disable this notification, we suggest that you follow the steps below to turn off the notifications from battery saver:

(Note: Make sure to unplug your laptop from the power source first before performing the steps below.)

• Open Settings app.
    • Select System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions tab.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery Saver and turn off the slider.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jul 29, 2020
  4. A#le[Ne] Win User

No Low Battery Notification

Hello Greg Carmack:

Thank you for your suggestions in items 1-6.

In my computer, everything matched, except High Performance in item 6 (Power Options).

I matched the information and got one notification, then the problem returned.

I would like to add #7 to your list of 6 items.

To the task bar I added Windows Ink Workspace, Touch Keyboard and Touchpad.

Now, Low Battery Notification shows each time the battery is low.

Problem solved.

Thank you for your help.

A#le[Ne], Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Low battery notification not working suddenly, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Low battery notification

2. Low Battery Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low Battery Notification: My laptop used to warn me when my computer was on low battery and I usually would have 10-15 minutes until I got a critically low battery notification. Recently, I get no warning, my computer just shuts down unexpectedly. The battery longevity has decreased dramatically over...
  3. Low Battery Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low Battery Notification: My laptop used to warn me when my computer was on low battery and I usually would have 10-15 minutes until I got a critically low battery notification. Recently, I get no warning, my computer just shuts down unexpectedly. The battery longevity has decreased dramatically over...
  4. Windows 10 no low battery notification

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 no low battery notification: I have no low battery warning on my Windows 10 laptop. It just shuts down suddenly. I have tried a method found online for getting a notification but cannot do it because I cannot get to anywhere in the Settings that says "low battery notification". When I search for that...
  5. Windows 10 no low battery notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 no low battery notification: I have no low battery warning on my Windows 10 laptop. It just shuts down suddenly. I have tried a method found online for getting a notification but cannot do it because I cannot get to anywhere in the Settings that says "low battery notification". When I search for that...
  6. Windows 10 no low battery notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Low Battery Notification Bugs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low Battery Notification Bugs: [IMG] Hi! I have this problem for around one year already since last year Windows October 2019 update. When my laptop goes to 10% of battery left, my laptop HP opens explorer with a notification "You need to plug your computer, battery low" and I needed to close it...
  8. No Low battery notification in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    No Low battery notification in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If Windows 10 laptop shuts down without warning or any Low battery notification, then […] This article No Low battery notification in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. No Low Battery Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Low Battery Notification: Greetings to the MS Community: Would someone please help me to get a Low Battery Notification for Windows 10 laptop? My laptop does not show a Low Battery Notification. When the battery gets low, the laptop shuts down. Thank you for your help....
  10. low battery notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    low battery notification: hi, After the 1903 update I do not see the low battery notification, I can not find the option to activate it again, can you tell me where it is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-battery-notification/9d17553a-b93e-4bba-836c-fdc1f68560a8