Windows 10: Low CPU performance after windows 10 update ?

Discus and support Low CPU performance after windows 10 update ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I installed windows 10 x64 in january 2019 and installed all updates from Microsoft but this month (august) i ran some performace test for CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EnigelXX, Aug 16, 2019.

1. EnigelXX Win User

Low CPU performance after windows 10 update ?

Hi,

I installed windows 10 x64 in january 2019 and installed all updates from Microsoft but this month (august) i ran some performace test for CPU (intel 8700k) and the results are lower than those taken in january. I ran the test multiple times, no changes in hardware, antivirus (I use Norton Internet Security),

Here are some examples :

Low CPU performance after windows 10 update ? 52ffa412-1165-46fa-9b69-d0d6056be522?upload=true.jpg

Low CPU performance after windows 10 update ? 11d8df0d-d7cd-49d4-8c26-e859cf674e48?upload=true.jpg

Low CPU performance after windows 10 update ? 256737d7-3cb6-4fdf-b9a6-c7e70c919f38?upload=true.jpg

I belive this result are are lower because of security patches (spectre, meltdown etc). Intel and Microsoft lied to us about the performance impact in our CPU's.

Low CPU performance after windows 10 update ? 452edd5f-b113-4144-a9b5-f8d46c0ab31d?upload=true.jpg

:)

EnigelXX, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Sivoroth Win User

low cpu percentage but extremely low performance

I've had my laptop for a year now it was working great until this morning, it was lagging alot so I checked the task manager and it showed that my cpu usage is very low,it wouldn't even exceed 10% and my ram was about 40-45%. I waited for awhile thinking
    that it was just loading. after an hour I checked my laptop and it was still lagging it takes more than 2min to load something and its really frustraiting so I need help

All suggestions are welcome

And thanks in advance

Sivoroth, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Low CPU performance after windows 10 update ? - Similar Threads - Low CPU performance

2. System low performance in games with 12gen CPU and 3060ti

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System low performance in games with 12gen CPU and 3060ti: Hellomonths ago I bought a new system with this configuration:M.B: MSI B660GPU: 3060 tiCPU: i5 12400Ram: 16gb 2666 DDR4 1 slotmy friends with same config have 180+ FPS in Dota 2 but my fps is 80-100 in Rainbow 6 my friend fps is 300+ but mine is 110-140I tried everything like...
  3. System low performance in games with 12gen CPU and 3060ti

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System low performance in games with 12gen CPU and 3060ti: Hellomonths ago I bought a new system with this configuration:M.B: MSI B660GPU: 3060 tiCPU: i5 12400Ram: 16gb 2666 DDR4 1 slotmy friends with same config have 180+ FPS in Dota 2 but my fps is 80-100 in Rainbow 6 my friend fps is 300+ but mine is 110-140I tried everything like...
  4. Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage: The recent patch fixed the low GPU usage issue in games, however, CPU usage is still low. below 6%. So Microsoft still needs to fix that. because when I rolled back the update, the usage is fine. even when i run a single core benchmark in cinebench the CPU usage is still...
  5. Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage: The recent patch fixed the low GPU usage issue in games, however, CPU usage is still low. below 6%. So Microsoft still needs to fix that. because when I rolled back the update, the usage is fine. even when i run a single core benchmark in cinebench the CPU usage is still...
  6. Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage: Hello, I've just recently built a new computer and I'm now running into the problem that Windows is getting really slow like opening the Windows Explorer takes forever while CPU/memory/disk usage is all below 10%. My setup: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x at 4.2GHz w/ a be quiet! Dark...
  7. CPU at low speed after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU at low speed after windows 10 update.: hi! I updated my windows today and after update i got the notification that windows could not install the update. So naturally i went and clicked check for update in settings. At this point i realized that my computer was very slow. I opened task manager and my CPU speed had...
  8. low gaming performance after october update

low gaming performance after october update: ok so I play battlefield 3 now the problem is it feels laggy during gameplay like it is hanging occassionaly it was not there before also some svchost is running when I start playing i5 2500 16gb ram asus gtx770 2gb Samsung evo 860 evo ssd...
  9. low performance

low performance: I have been using asus VivoBook R542uQ which has i7 8th gen processor with 8 gb ram and a nvidia 940mx but still my laptop is too slow.What problem might be causing such performance issue.please help!!...
  10. Windows 10 CU Low Performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 CU Low Performance: Hi guys, i really need help in here, so that's the thing: i updated to windows 10 creators update manually and i saw that the computer was underperforming then i booted the computer and re-installed the windows 10 from the ground without any saves or anything, it came with...