Windows 10: LOW CPU SPEED WHILE GAMING

Discus and support LOW CPU SPEED WHILE GAMING in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a problem with my laptop L340-15IRH Gaming Laptop IdeaPad. it started 2 weeks ago.my CPU goes from 4.19 GHz to 0.9 GHz after 5 min of playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zghost23, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Zghost23 Win User

LOW CPU SPEED WHILE GAMING

I have a problem with my laptop L340-15IRH Gaming Laptop IdeaPad. it started 2 weeks ago.my CPU goes from 4.19 GHz to 0.9 GHz after 5 min of playing any game like control assassins creed unity/origin/Valhalla/ battlefield 5 / Nioh 2 then sudden FPS from something like 60 fps to 20 fps. but when i play a game like FIFA 19 / league of legends game runs smoothly without any fps drop.pls, someone help me i have been searching to fix this problem for 1 week now.all drivers up to date

:)

Zghost23, Apr 30, 2021

2. Is high Cpu speed better for games or low?

I opened Task Manager and went to View, then I saw an option called "Update Speed". I clicked it and it had a few options for increasing and decreasing the CPU speed. It worked but my question
    was that should I increase my CPU speed when gaming? Will it change the game performance?

MoeizMasood, Apr 30, 2021
  3. soopg Win User
    CPU speed at 0.48Ghz during low battery

Hi,

On my laptop, I have noticed that the CPU speed is dramatically reduced from 1.98Ghz to 0.48Ghz whilst low on battery. As soon as I plug the laptop in, the CPU speed returns to 1.98Ghz. This loss of CPU speed has a great impact on system performance, rendering the laptop near useless.

My laptop is running an Intel Core i3, and I believe that the technology which controls the speed of the CPU is called SpeedStep. There is no option in the BIOS to turn this feature off. I have also tried to change this setting in the 'Power Plan' options (in Windows). I changed the minimum processor state to 100% and the cooling policy to 'Active'.

I would like to keep my CPU running at 1.98Ghz. Any suggestions?

(see this photo for clarification)

Many thanks.

soopg, Apr 30, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Is high Cpu speed better for games or low?

Hi Moeiz

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

That 'Update Speed' option in Task Manager is just to adjust the speed which Task Manager polls your hardware and updates the graphs . .. etc. it does not have anything to do with the speed of your actual processor

In Windows, the speed of your processor is managed automatically, the processor will run at a low speed when you are performing normal tasks, then when you do more intensive tasks, the speed of your processor will automatically increase

You can if you wish go to Power Options in Control Panel and change your Power Plan to Performance, that would mean your processor would run at top speed, but to be honest, there is no need

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Processors section

What is the exact Model No. of processor on your PC?

DaveM121, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

1. LOW CPU SPEED WHILE GAMING - Similar Threads - LOW CPU SPEED

2. Cpu speed low when playing games but fast when not

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cpu speed low when playing games but fast when not: Over a year ago maybe longer i started having this problem where whenever i play a game my cpu usage would be at around 100% and my cpu speed would be around 2.7-2.8ghz and when im not it stays at 3.1-3.4ghz with a usage percentage of around 5-20% give or take chilling in...
  3. Extremely Low Cpu Usage While Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely Low Cpu Usage While Gaming: While gaming the internet tells me that my cpu usage is supposed to be atleast 50-70%, however while I am playing games my cpu usage is literally 1%!. i dont know what is going oni have acer nitro 5 gtx 165016 gb ram11 gen intel R 11300H @ 3.10GHzside note my gpu runs at 100%...
  4. Extremely Low Cpu Usage While Gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely Low Cpu Usage While Gaming: While gaming the internet tells me that my cpu usage is supposed to be atleast 50-70%, however while I am playing games my cpu usage is literally 1%!. i dont know what is going oni have acer nitro 5 gtx 165016 gb ram11 gen intel R 11300H @ 3.10GHzside note my gpu runs at 100%...
  5. Extremely Low Cpu Usage While Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely Low Cpu Usage While Gaming: While gaming the internet tells me that my cpu usage is supposed to be atleast 50-70%, however while I am playing games my cpu usage is literally 1%!. My game runs fine but it bottlenecks half of the time and it has a render latency of 30.I have an RTX 2060 and an AMD RYZEN...
  6. Extremely Low Cpu Usage While Gaming

Extremely Low Cpu Usage While Gaming: While gaming the internet tells me that my cpu usage is supposed to be atleast 50-70%, however while I am playing games my cpu usage is literally 1%!. My game runs fine but it bottlenecks half of the time and it has a render latency of 30.I have an RTX 2060 and an AMD RYZEN...
  7. Low CPU Speed While Gaming on Battery Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low CPU Speed While Gaming on Battery Mode: Hi, so the problem started recently on my laptop. My CPU speed when not gaming is around 2.3 GHz and above. However, whenever I play a game, my CPU clocks down to 0.79 GHz and stays there until I close the game. I also checked my temperature while gaming, which is around 60...
  8. Low CPU Speed While Gaming on Battery Mode

Low CPU Speed While Gaming on Battery Mode: Hi, so the problem started recently on my laptop. My CPU speed when not gaming is around 2.3 GHz and above. However, whenever I play a game, my CPU clocks down to 0.79 GHz and stays there until I close the game. I also checked my temperature while gaming, which is around 60...
  9. Is high Cpu speed better for games or low?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is high Cpu speed better for games or low?: I opened Task Manager and went to View, then I saw an option called "Update Speed". I clicked it and it had a few options for increasing and decreasing the CPU speed. It worked but my question was that should I increase my CPU speed when gaming? Will it change the game...
  10. CPU Low Utilization and Low Core Speeds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU Low Utilization and Low Core Speeds: I have Dell Latitude E6530 Core i7-3720QM 2.60ghz and nvidia nvs 5200m For the past month or so my cpu core speed won't go above 0.90ghz and CPU utilization stays below 10% .I tried reinstalling Windows Resetting Computer but none worked. Note:I don't know if this relates...