Windows 10: LOW CPU SPEED WHILE GAMING

Discus and support LOW CPU SPEED WHILE GAMING in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a problem with my laptop L340-15IRH Gaming Laptop IdeaPad. it started 2 weeks ago.my CPU goes from 4.19 GHz to 0.9 GHz after 5 min of playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zghost23, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Zghost23 Win User

LOW CPU SPEED WHILE GAMING

I have a problem with my laptop L340-15IRH Gaming Laptop IdeaPad. it started 2 weeks ago.my CPU goes from 4.19 GHz to 0.9 GHz after 5 min of playing any game like control assassins creed unity/origin/Valhalla/ battlefield 5 / Nioh 2 then sudden FPS from something like 60 fps to 20 fps. but when i play a game like FIFA 19 / league of legends game runs smoothly without any fps drop.pls, someone help me i have been searching to fix this problem for 1 week now.all drivers up to date

:)

Zghost23, Apr 30, 2021

2. Is high Cpu speed better for games or low?

I opened Task Manager and went to View, then I saw an option called "Update Speed". I clicked it and it had a few options for increasing and decreasing the CPU speed. It worked but my question
    was that should I increase my CPU speed when gaming? Will it change the game performance?

MoeizMasood, Apr 30, 2021
  3. soopg Win User
    CPU speed at 0.48Ghz during low battery

Hi,

On my laptop, I have noticed that the CPU speed is dramatically reduced from 1.98Ghz to 0.48Ghz whilst low on battery. As soon as I plug the laptop in, the CPU speed returns to 1.98Ghz. This loss of CPU speed has a great impact on system performance, rendering the laptop near useless.

My laptop is running an Intel Core i3, and I believe that the technology which controls the speed of the CPU is called SpeedStep. There is no option in the BIOS to turn this feature off. I have also tried to change this setting in the 'Power Plan' options (in Windows). I changed the minimum processor state to 100% and the cooling policy to 'Active'.

I would like to keep my CPU running at 1.98Ghz. Any suggestions?

(see this photo for clarification)

Many thanks.

soopg, Apr 30, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Is high Cpu speed better for games or low?

Hi Moeiz

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

That 'Update Speed' option in Task Manager is just to adjust the speed which Task Manager polls your hardware and updates the graphs . .. etc. it does not have anything to do with the speed of your actual processor

In Windows, the speed of your processor is managed automatically, the processor will run at a low speed when you are performing normal tasks, then when you do more intensive tasks, the speed of your processor will automatically increase

You can if you wish go to Power Options in Control Panel and change your Power Plan to Performance, that would mean your processor would run at top speed, but to be honest, there is no need

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Processors section

What is the exact Model No. of processor on your PC?

DaveM121, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

1. LOW CPU SPEED WHILE GAMING - Similar Threads - LOW CPU SPEED

2. cpu speeds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cpu speeds: I have an IntelR CoreTM i3-7130U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz on a dell laptop. my wife has a dell with amd a6-9225 radeon r4,5 compute cores 2c +3g 2.60 ghz. should they be about the same speed. her laptop is much slower....
  3. Is high Cpu speed better for games or low?

Is high Cpu speed better for games or low?: I opened Task Manager and went to View, then I saw an option called "Update Speed". I clicked it and it had a few options for increasing and decreasing the CPU speed. It worked but my question was that should I increase my CPU speed when gaming? Will it change the game...
  4. Download speed is low

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download speed is low: When I am downloading something from the Microsoft Store, Steam or Epic Store, the speed is too low. My Internet speed is 100 MB, so the downloading speed from the Microsoft Store should be about 10MB. But I get about 4 MB. Why is it happening?...
  5. CPU Low Utilization and Low Core Speeds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU Low Utilization and Low Core Speeds: I have Dell Latitude E6530 Core i7-3720QM 2.60ghz and nvidia nvs 5200m For the past month or so my cpu core speed won't go above 0.90ghz and CPU utilization stays below 10% .I tried reinstalling Windows Resetting Computer but none worked. Note:I don't know if this relates...
  6. Cpu Speed

Cpu Speed: Hi everyone, I recently installed a fresh copy of windows 10 on my laptop, along with wiping my hard drive. Something I've notice however is that shortly after starting up, my CPU speed drops from around 3.50 ghz all the way down to 0.39 ghz, where it never fluctuates,...
  7. CPU at low speed after windows 10 update.

CPU at low speed after windows 10 update.: hi! I updated my windows today and after update i got the notification that windows could not install the update. So naturally i went and clicked check for update in settings. At this point i realized that my computer was very slow. I opened task manager and my CPU speed had...
  8. Download speed is low

Download speed is low: Hey so i have 300Mbps download speed , but today in speedtest only give me 94Mbps how can i fix this ? im using Cable not WiFi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-speed-is-low/7fd6d49e-ba91-4a72-949e-6b6c92ed6105
  9. Low download speed

Low download speed: Hello, I have fiber internet with 300 mbps up/down. The problem I am having is that my two windows 10 computers limit the download speed drastically. I am seeing about 150 down and 300 up. All other devices on the network get the full 300/300, including a linux laptop and...
  10. CPU speed at 0.48Ghz during low battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU speed at 0.48Ghz during low battery: Hi, On my laptop, I have noticed that the CPU speed is dramatically reduced from 1.98Ghz to 0.48Ghz whilst low on battery. As soon as I plug the laptop in, the CPU speed returns to 1.98Ghz. This loss of CPU speed has a great impact on system performance, rendering the...