Windows 10: low cpu usage and fps drop during games

Discus and support low cpu usage and fps drop during games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mehmet Arif Duran, Sep 26, 2022.

1. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win 11. Win 11 automaticly installed AMD software that I never use. Because my gpu is nvidia and I am using that. After that I noticed my system using 4gb ram to gpu that included my cpu. -MY GPU: RTX 2060 SUPER MY CPU: Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G with Vega Graphics- Then I started to play games valorant, watch dogs 2, forza horizon 5 etc. and I used OSD Screen. My GPU working normal but CPU working at under 10% usage. And when fps drops the second gpu's ve

:)

Mehmet Arif Duran, Sep 26, 2022

2. CPU and GPU usage high, fps drop on games

Hi. I usually have around 100fps at Player Unknown Battlegrounds and my CPU usage is normal. From a month or so I get fps drops like 50-100fps and game feels laggy.

Also, when I open the task manager the CPU and GPU usage is really high around 90, 80% and then suddently drops to normal values like 5%.

I checked igfxupdate.exe Windows process - What is it? but it doesn't resolve it.

I noticed that a service svhost is very high on usage, what can I do?

Thanks in advance.

AntónioAires, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Help with games issues! CPU usage drops along with my fps when playing games.

As the title suggest, i'm having issues with pretty much every game i have, i've tried pretty much everything, disabled GameDVR and game mode in setting and from regedit, cpu temperatures are fine (the highest was 68°), i even updated my drivers 2 days
    ago and nothing fixed, but i noticed in MSI afterburner that when the fps drops comes in, the CPU usage drops too (6% was the minimum) and i don't know what could be making that, i don't have malware nor adware, plenty of free space in my hdd's, and there
    doesn't seem to be any background task running, so i don't know what is it. Can you help me?

YesIanYeha, Sep 26, 2022
  4. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

System Idle Process High cpu usage

What are the processes that cause HIGH CPU usage?

Frederik Long, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

low cpu usage and fps drop during games

1. low cpu usage and fps drop during games - Similar Threads - low cpu usage

2. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops: i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no...
  3. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops: i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no...
  4. Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games: A while ago I tried playing bg3 as always but I got sudden low fps drops that ive never had.Same with the other games, such as house flipper,ac etc.The cpu usage while running these games is around 10-25% and I have no other background apps that could effect that.I checked my...
  5. Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games

Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games: A while ago I tried playing bg3 as always but I got sudden low fps drops that ive never had.Same with the other games, such as house flipper,ac etc.The cpu usage while running these games is around 10-25% and I have no other background apps that could effect that.I checked my...
  6. low cpu usage and fps drop during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low cpu usage and fps drop during games: First of all if you can answer my question in Turkish I will be happy. Yesterday I upgraded my GPU and bought new m.2 SSD. after that I installed Win 11. Win 11 automaticly installed AMD software that I never use. Because my gpu is nvidia and I am using that. After that I...
  7. Low cpu usage and sudden frame drops in games

Low cpu usage and sudden frame drops in games: I play Valorant on my i9 MacBook Pro by installing Windows on it via Bootcamp. I have been playing games on it without any problems on 60fps for almost 5 months now. It has AMD Radeon Pro 5500m gpu. Recently though I have noticed that my game gives loads of frame drops when I...
  8. Low cpu usage and sudden frame drops in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low cpu usage and sudden frame drops in games: I play Valorant on my i9 MacBook Pro by installing Windows on it via Bootcamp. I have been playing games on it without any problems on 60fps for almost 5 months now. It has AMD Radeon Pro 5500m gpu. Recently though I have noticed that my game gives loads of frame drops when I...
  9. Low FPS/CPU usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS/CPU usage?: Low FPS? Hey there! (I'm not sure if this is the right subreddit) I noticed that when playing games such as Valorant and League of Legends, my frame rates in game, which were previously 150, are now 60. In addition, while running these games, my computer is really slow and...
  10. Frequent FPS & CPU Usage Drop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Frequent FPS & CPU Usage Drop: Hi, I'm having an issue that has almost conflicting parameters. Every 15-30 seconds or so (though it can be every few seconds or once every 10 minutes) my FPS will plummet and my CPU usage will suddenly drop dramatically. This is confusing to me because I'd think that...