Windows 10: Low CPU usage issues

Discus and support Low CPU usage issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I only recently started paying attention to this when I laid down over 3k on this new PC I built earlier this year. I play high end games and do 3D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Snoo8494, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Low CPU usage issues

I only recently started paying attention to this when I laid down over 3k on this new PC I built earlier this year. I play high end games and do 3D Modeling with pretty large scenes. I have noticed that when I'm playing a game with modern graphics like Control/Horizon Zero Dawn My cpu will be between like 10% and 20% but mostly it stay's closer to 10%. Deus Ex Mankind Divided I played it recently and it run's super sluggish on my PC. I also have problems with detailed terrains running in Blender freezing the screen when I go in and out of edit mode.

My specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12-Core Processor

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080 Ti 11gb

Ram 4x8gb sticks for a total of 32gb's (I believe it's clocked at 2133MHz something like that)

1tb Samsung SSD

With these specs should I expect the cpu usage to stay so low? I have never seen it go over about 30-35% and I built this back in January

Just to add to this I have only ever seen my GPU hit 100% once and the temp has never went over 60, mostly staying between 45-50 Celsius

submitted by /u/Snoo8494
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Snoo8494, Sep 13, 2020

2. Random CPU usage spikes

Hello,

User profile corruption can cause high CPU usage as it
    opens programs that are not necessary on the background
    . To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest
    creating a new user account on your computer to see if the same issue will occur on a different user profile. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family
      & other people
      > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage

Every 5 minutes or so audiodg.exe spikes my cpu usage to about 50% and any audio im playing cuts out and then comes back a second or 2 later. The video is completely fine and it's not a problem with
    my USB Headset. audiodg.exe stays at low cpu usage when it's not spiking.

Solutions I've tried:

1. turning off audio enhancements
    2. reinstalling lan, and audio drivers
    3. turning off HPET
    4. lowering the sound quality in control panel
    5. DPC Latency checker (no change when spiking)
    None of these solutions work. Please help.

samielamin, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Low CPU usage issues

Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest checking the Task Manager again to see what are the
    applications that have high CPU usage. To do this, follow the same steps you did from the previous reply:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

However, based on your response above, it seems that you may need to create a new user account again and just install your apps manually instead of copying them as your
    previous user account might be corrupted.

Once your done with the steps, please let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Low CPU usage issues

1. Low CPU usage issues - Similar Threads - Low CPU usage

2. High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage: Hello, I have got my girlfriend a rx 580 8gb with her i3 10100f, which is pretty good. However, games are performing worse than when she had a gt 710. Even Mimecraft goes on low fps. Besides that, she got only 1x8 of ram, which pc only uses 6gb as max dk why, When I open any...
  3. High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage: Hello, I have got my girlfriend a rx 580 8gb with her i3 10100f, which is pretty good. However, games are performing worse than when she had a gt 710. Even Mimecraft goes on low fps. Besides that, she got only 1x8 of ram, which pc only uses 6gb as max dk why, When I open any...
  4. CPU usage Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage Low: My laptop suddenly so laggy, when I check out the task manager I realized the CPU usage is so low, what should I do? I already tried to edit in power plan but it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-low/04f852c0-a5b4-46e8-8a72-d49b37b8a220
  5. CPU usage Low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage Low: My laptop suddenly so laggy, when I check out the task manager I realized the CPU usage is so low, what should I do? I already tried to edit in power plan but it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-low/04f852c0-a5b4-46e8-8a72-d49b37b8a220
  6. Sudden Low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Low cpu usage.: Hey I used to play on my laptop with no stutters before I reset it because I wanted to have more performance so I watched a yt video and it said go to battery powerplan and use the high performance mode. After enabling high performance my games started to stutter. I play...
  7. Sudden Low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Low cpu usage.: Hey I used to play on my laptop with no stutters before I reset it because I wanted to have more performance so I watched a yt video and it said go to battery powerplan and use the high performance mode. After enabling high performance my games started to stutter. I play...
  8. Low FPS/CPU usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS/CPU usage?: Low FPS? Hey there! (I'm not sure if this is the right subreddit) I noticed that when playing games such as Valorant and League of Legends, my frame rates in game, which were previously 150, are now 60. In addition, while running these games, my computer is really slow and...
  9. High CPU and low GPU usage

High CPU and low GPU usage: Hey guys I recently bought my laptop Acer nitro 5 And I have a ryzen 3550h mobile cpu and a gtx 1650 GPU .....and whatever game I play on uses 100% of cpu and 20 -50 % GPU ....and I get less frames as well ...plz help me on this submitted by /u/babadhiven [link]...
  10. Help needed with Low CPU usage and Low FPS

Help needed with Low CPU usage and Low FPS: Since the last week i started getting low fps in ALL games all of a sudden and i tracked the culprit to be my CPU's low utilization which for some reason is now very low despite it working completely fine past week.I have tried reinstalling windows 10, it worked fine for a...