Windows 10: Low desktop audio after using VR

Discus and support Low desktop audio after using VR in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had this issue on my budget PC but it randomly fixed itself at some point. On my new PC once I was done using my Oculus Rift S my desktop audio was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hahadead7777, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Low desktop audio after using VR

I had this issue on my budget PC but it randomly fixed itself at some point. On my new PC once I was done using my Oculus Rift S my desktop audio was extremely quiet. I normally listen at level 8/100 and I now have to be at 100 to hear that same volume. If I plug my headset back in I can hear from the VR headset just fine when I'm switched over to it but if I unplug it and/or switch over to my headphones as the audio source it stays really low. My volume mixer is maxed as well. I have also tried to disable and reinstall the driver for my headphones

:)

hahadead7777, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Realtek audio low after windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and inconvenience. We are glad to help you.

• Do you use headphones or external speakers?
    • Which media player is he using on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: follow these steps and check if that helps.

Sound" >>"properties" >> "enhancements", check the "loudness equalization" & for "equalizer" choose "live" or "powerful" (Provide steps)

Method2: Hardware Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, follow the below method.

Hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply back with the details and updated status. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Sudharshan M K, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Low desktop audio after using VR

Hulu VR won't load on Microsoft MR helmet

Hi Joanna,

Allow us to verify some details so we can properly isolate the issue.

• Is this happening on a TV in the VR environment? Are there any other apps or features within the VR environment that are having issues as well?

For initial reference, kindly check out the common troubleshooting steps found on this
    link.

We will wait for your reply.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Low desktop audio after using VR

1. Low desktop audio after using VR - Similar Threads - Low desktop audio

2. Desktop does not take up entire screen after using VR headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop does not take up entire screen after using VR headset.: I have an aw3423dwf monitor. Recently I've noticed the desktop image doesn't take up the entire screen. It is close to the bezel but there is still screen display that's not being used. I know this because the image will sometimes shift and one side will have a thicker bar...
  3. Desktop does not take up entire screen after using VR headset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop does not take up entire screen after using VR headset.: I have an aw3423dwf monitor. Recently I've noticed the desktop image doesn't take up the entire screen. It is close to the bezel but there is still screen display that's not being used. I know this because the image will sometimes shift and one side will have a thicker bar...
  4. low audio after formatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low audio after formatting: hello I went from windows 8.1 to windows 7 so far so normal but when I went to see a video with the generic driver "High Definition Audio Device" and then I noticed that the sound was low was **** look at the mixer volume was all at maximum then I was a little research and...
  5. low audio after formatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    low audio after formatting: hello I went from windows 8.1 to windows 7 so far so normal but when I went to see a video with the generic driver "High Definition Audio Device" and then I noticed that the sound was low was **** look at the mixer volume was all at maximum then I was a little research and...
  6. Black screen with cursor issue only after using VR?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor issue only after using VR?: Hello! I was wondering if anyone could give me insight for this issue, as I haven't found much info on it. The issue first started when I plugged in my VR headset and the screen froze. I hard powered down using the physical button. When I turned on my computer again,...
  7. Low headphone audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low headphone audio: Only when plugging in headphone, the audio goes totally quiet and is barely audible. This suddenly started to happen after opening it. I've tried a few things like reinstalling audio, clean boot, etc. No dice...
  8. Extended displays preventing use of VR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended displays preventing use of VR: My VR was detected as a display before I disabled it, however, in order to run any VR game or VR Mode within any games settings, my VR needs to be in Direct Display Mode not Extended Display Mode which it is currently locked to with no way to change it. Windows 10 Pro x64...
  9. low audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    low audio: when using my headphones I have the volume set at 100 highest possible yet it is still not adequate for me as I am hard of hearing. I've gone thru all the settings offered, yet the volume is to me still very low. Any way to turn up the volume? PS. I didn't not have this...
  10. BSOD while using Steam VR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while using Steam VR: Hi there! I own a HTC Vive for a few days now and everytime I use it, playing Steam VR, i get an BSOD (System_Service_Exception) after approximately one hour. I already cleaned the registry using CCleaner, ran sfc /scannow as admin, mad ea clean install of the newest...