Windows 10: Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:)

Discus and support Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Dell Inspiron laptop began displaying the message "Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:) before it was a year old. When I go to the local E drive, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MNManek, Jun 6, 2019.

1. MNManek Win User

Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:)

My Dell Inspiron laptop began displaying the message "Low Disk Space on Local Disk (ELow Disk Space on Local Disk (E:) :) before it was a year old. When I go to the local E drive, it does not display files for deletion. How do I clean-up the E:drive if there are no folders/files displayed?

:)

MNManek, Jun 6, 2019

2. Low disk space on Local Disk (ELow Disk Space on Local Disk (E:) :)

Running Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron laptop. I keep getting the popup Low disk space on Local Disk (ELow Disk Space on Local Disk (E:) :).

System info shows 42.6 free of 450MB

I've tried the registry hack that Microsoft support recommends by creating a new DWORD Value but that didn't work.

I opened the E: drive but says folder is empty.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

RayMan2018, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Local Disk E out of space

I don't have a local disk E. I have a 250GB ssd and a 1TB hdd, yet I keep getting a popup saying that my local disk E is running low on space and can be cleaned. When I follow through with this, it lists <DirectX Shader Cache> and <Recycle Bin> but both
    are 0 bytes.

BenRosenblum, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:)

Low Disk Space on Local Disk E:

I keep receiving this "Low Disk Space on Local Disk E:" message frequently when i am using the laptop.

I didn't even know that i had a disk E:, so i started to investigate. On disk Management i can see the following ones:

- partition C: - OS - Capacity 190GB and 23 GB free

- partition D: - DATA - Capacity 286GB and 130 GB free

- partition E: - OEM Partition - Capacity 499MB and 49 MB free

- Disk 0 Partition 0 - EFI Partition - Capacity 260 and 260 MB free

All of them are healthy in ther status and all are NTFS as file system except 'Disk 0 parition 0'. I excepted to have only C: and D:, and do not know what the other are about. I thought on increasing the partition E: in capacity, but i am afraid i can
    damage partition D: which i would reduce.

How do I solve this issue?

BrunoTigre, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:)

1. Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:) - Similar Threads - Low Disk Space

2. low disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low disk space: I am getting low disk space warning even after disk cleanup, deleting almost everything from my laptop, doing disk repair, and optimizing. Still getting low disk space message....
  3. My local disk E space is gone!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My local disk E space is gone!: Hello, I used Bleachbit to run the function called "wipe free disk space" and after I did it most of my Local Disk E space is gone: See, I have never used 'Local Disk E' in my life, my files and everything are only in the C Drive, and even in the C Drive there's 170 GB free....
  4. Low disk space

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low disk space: I keep on getting low disk space warning for the C: drive. I've used the disk clean up but still does not work. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-disk-space/04337c13-2d8b-4b62-915b-1ec34b2886c1
  5. low disk space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    low disk space: how to clean recovery d says low disk space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-disk-space/ab73aaab-ff7a-4941-b237-bcca214b7abd
  6. Local Disk C low space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Local Disk C low space: Hi ! I think I'm having trouble with my Local Disc C memory, It's a SSD disk, which I use only to install my programs because it doesn't have much space. I save my files in the Disk D so I don't get why did Disk's C memory went so low ? So can u help me if there's a way to...
  7. "you are running out of disk space in local disk E"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "you are running out of disk space in local disk E": Can Microsoft please send an update to fix the "you are running out of disk space on local disk E" problem on Windows 10? I see many users have the same problem....
  8. Increase space on local E disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Increase space on local E disk: Have plenty of space on C drive. Keep getting message the space on E drive is low. How can I increase memory on E drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-space-on-local-e-disk/55d16937-b500-4e01-86a6-1a9f7c4443f5
  9. Low disk space in recovery drive E

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Low disk space in recovery drive E: I keep getting the message that my recovery drive (E) is running out of space. Can I increase the size of that drive? 100849
  10. Low disk space in recovery drive E

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Low disk space in recovery drive E: Does anybody know a procedure for solving this problem that actually works? I copied and followed the following one from this forum and it doesn't work. I don't feel like itemizing all the places where it just doesn't behave as stated. In Windows 10 just try it; you'll see....