Windows 10: Low Disk usage Windows 10 64bit

Discus and support Low Disk usage Windows 10 64bit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I have a issue. When im playing games my disk usage always 0-1% and the games running very poor.My disk usage always maximum 2% setup:Intel core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bence Horváth1, May 28, 2023.

1. Low Disk usage Windows 10 64bit

Hello! I have a issue. When im playing games my disk usage always 0-1% and the games running very poor.My disk usage always maximum 2% setup:Intel core i5 10400fAsus b560m-e32gb hyperx fury beast ram 2666mhzGeforce gtx 1660 super 6gbWindows 10 home 22h2All of the parts new on my pc and i have clean install win10

:)

Bence Horváth1, May 28, 2023

2. How to solve Windows 10 100% disk usage ???

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Disk Usage. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

You might be facing this issue due to several reasons like low virtual memory, third party software conflicts, virus threat on the computer etc.

Even though no programs or applications are running, some background services can show memory usage and disk usage. In order to check which particular program is using the memory, I would suggest you to check the Task manager. Refer to these steps:

a) Press Windows key + X, select task manager.

b) Click on the ‘processes’ tab and it will show you show you a list of programs and services running and their corresponding memory usage

and disk usage.

c) Check if any of the item listed is consuming more memory or disk usage than normal.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

You need to increase this virtual memory. Make it equivalent to your RAM size for the initial size and twice of the initial size in maximum size and make sure you have the same amount of free space in your hard drive in each drive.

To do this, follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Go to Control Panel (Press Windows key+ X)> All control panel items > System

2. Click on Advanced system settings

3. Under performance, click on settings

4. Go to Advanced tab

5. Under Virtual memory, click on Change

6. UN-check "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" check box

7. Select your Windows drive (where OS is installed)

8. Click on Custom size radio button

9. Set Initial size equivalent to your RAM size in MB

10. Set Maximum size to twice of your RAM size in MB

11. Click on Set

12. Click on OK thrice

13. Restart your system.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, May 28, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    how to determine what's causing 100% disk usage

Considering your 2nd screenshot, assuming your Disk column is organised high to low, you have a problem with disk transfer rate- it appears to be low yet shown as 100%

There are various programs running that appear unnecessary.

Suggest you do a clean boot and compare. You should expect disk usage when idle - a few mins after boot - to be zero unless there's good reason.

Comparing your 1st and 3rd screenshots, note the max transfer rate is 10x that in the 3rd screenshot.

It's not doing an update, and not apparently a paging problem.

From that it appears you have limited disk transfer rate, and the disk activity doesn't settle to near zero.

There are several threads on the topic of limited transfer rate - here are some:
    Disk usage 100% please help Solved - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
    Slow internal hard drive tansfer speeds - Windows 10 Forums
    100% Disk Usage, tried some methods found online. - Windows 10 Forums

I'd suggest looking through those first, using any ideas there, keep a list of what you try, and post back with that list if you still have problems.

Please post specs of your PC. See mine for comparison.

dalchina, May 28, 2023
  4. Low Disk usage Windows 10 64bit

Windows 10 : MS edge sometimes uses 2GB, and my disk is 100% and many problems

Hello Tom,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

You might be facing this issue due to several reasons like low virtual memory, third party software conflicts, virus threat on the computer etc.

Even though no programs or applications are running, some background services can show memory usage and disk usage. In order to check which particular program is using the memory, I would suggest you to check the Task manager.

Refer to these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select
    task manager.

2. Click on the ‘Processes’ tab and it will show you show you a list of programs and services running and their corresponding memory usage and disk usage.

3. Check if any of the item listed is consuming more memory or disk usage than normal.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.
    • Select "System maintenance"
    • Click next to run the troubleshooter.

To check which version of Windows 10 installed in your computer.

Press Windows key + R and type winver in the dialogue box.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 28, 2023
Thema:

Low Disk usage Windows 10 64bit

1. Low Disk usage Windows 10 64bit - Similar Threads - Low Disk usage

2. Why is my Disk usage so low?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Disk usage so low?: I just clean reinstalled WIN10 64x onto my system, and installed the appropriate drivers according to https://www.asus.com/supportonly/asus%20tuf%20gaming%20fx504/helpdesk_download/. While installing new software onto my computer albeit I was mostly attempting to install...
  3. Why is my Disk usage so low?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Disk usage so low?: I just clean reinstalled WIN10 64x onto my system, and installed the appropriate drivers according to https://www.asus.com/supportonly/asus%20tuf%20gaming%20fx504/helpdesk_download/. While installing new software onto my computer albeit I was mostly attempting to install...
  4. Why is my Disk usage so low?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disk usage in low battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage in low battery: Hello, I have a Samsung notebook with an i3-1115G4 and a 256Gb SSD 860 EVO and I use Windows 11. When the notebook has low battery and/or is in power saving mode, the disk usage goes to 100% and the operating system becomes unusable. I would like to know if there is any...
  6. Disk usage in low battery

Disk usage in low battery: Hello, I have a Samsung notebook with an i3-1115G4 and a 256Gb SSD 860 EVO and I use Windows 11. When the notebook has low battery and/or is in power saving mode, the disk usage goes to 100% and the operating system becomes unusable. I would like to know if there is any...
  7. Low Disk usage Windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low Disk usage Windows 10 64bit: Hello! I have a issue. When im playing games my disk usage always 0-1% and the games running very poor.My disk usage always maximum 2% setup:Intel core i5 10400fAsus b560m-e32gb hyperx fury beast ram 2666mhzGeforce gtx 1660 super 6gbWindows 10 home 22h2All of the parts new on...
  8. Low Disk usage Windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low Disk usage Windows 10 64bit: Hello! I have a issue. When im playing games my disk usage always 0-1% and the games running very poor.My disk usage always maximum 2% setup:Intel core i5 10400fAsus b560m-e32gb hyperx fury beast ram 2666mhzGeforce gtx 1660 super 6gbWindows 10 home 22h2All of the parts new on...
  9. disk usage in windows 10

disk usage in windows 10: dear sir ,I have winows 10 on my laptop when windows update enabled my disk usage is 100% and laptop became very slow when disabled disk usage is around 5% and laptop became very good .please your help to keep windows update enabled and accepte disk usage Thank you...
  10. Disk usage spikes to 100% and Low frame rate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk usage spikes to 100% and Low frame rate: I have a new Windows 10 64-bit. I had MAJOR frame rate issues while playing The Witcher 3 video game (despite my machine surpassing the recommended specs) and peeked into the Resource Monitor and discovered enormous spikes in Disk Usage (at times 100%). My internet searches...