Windows 10: Low download speed

Discus and support Low download speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have fiber internet with 300 mbps up/down. The problem I am having is that my two windows 10 computers limit the download speed drastically.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nap4lm69, Oct 9, 2018.

1. nap4lm69 Win User

Low download speed

Hello,

I have fiber internet with 300 mbps up/down. The problem I am having is that my two windows 10 computers limit the download speed drastically. I am seeing about 150 down and 300 up. All other devices on the network get the full 300/300, including a linux laptop and many wireless devices.

To confirm this issue, I did plug both devices into the router through ethernet and showed the same issue. However, booting into safe mode will show speed tests at the appropriate 300/300. I have tried disabling all antivirus and firewall, updating network adapter drivers, reinstalling network drivers from the manufacturer website, and running virus scans. I confirmed that QoS was not enabled on the router, also the safe mode working proves that, I have no idea what to try next.

I have only had the new internet for about a month. I noticed the issue as I was having some problems on a site and just wanted to see if it was me or the site about 5 days ago (was not on my end as 150 down is still plenty). But I can only say that I know for a fact it was good one month ago and was not good about 5 days ago. Not sure if there were any updates during that time that may have caused the issue.

Please help me find out why I am getting limited speeds in normal boot but not in safe mode!

Thanks for your help!

Tony

:)

nap4lm69, Oct 9, 2018

2. Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Hi Riel,

Reuben

ReubenFaleiro, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Jignesh19 Win User
    Very Low Downloading Speed

Hello,

I bought new Dell Laptop with Window 10 64 bit Home. It has Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7265.

I am Using BSNL Wi fi.

After using sometime, I found that downloading speed is very low as compared to my previous laptop which is also Dell with Windows 7 32 Bit.

I did Speed Test on Both Laptops with same router and at a same distance. (http://www.speedtest.net/)

New Laptop has Downloading Speed 3.65 Mbps whereas Old laptop has 8.7 Mbps.

I did every possible steps available on Google but Not success. My Windows and All drivers are Updated to this date.

Any Help Please.

Jignesh19, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Low download speed

Very Low Downloading Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting on our Microsoft Community.

Download speed also depends on the kind of network adapter that you have on a computer. We would suggest that you uninstall the network driver, restart your computer after to let Windows install a new driver for your Windows 10 computer.

To uninstall your network driver, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Device Manager, and press
      Enter
      . Alternatively, you can also press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the options.
    • Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall (for example, the graphics card would be listed under Display Adapters).
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Let us know if this helps.

Venancio Khu, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Low download speed

1. Low download speed - Similar Threads - Low download speed

2. Edge low download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge low download speed: I used a speedtest to check my internet speeds and have 60mbps. However, my edge downloads are barely hitting 300 kbps. Nothing else is using internet. Is there a way to fix this?...
  3. Edge low download speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge low download speed: I used a speedtest to check my internet speeds and have 60mbps. However, my edge downloads are barely hitting 300 kbps. Nothing else is using internet. Is there a way to fix this?...
  4. Low download speed , high upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low download speed , high upload speed: Hello guys , I recently started having this issue where my download speed will drop around 1 to 3 mbps , whilst my upload speed would keep its average flow of around 90 mbps , like a week ago everything was fine , but suddenly my download speed , from around 80 90 mbps won't...
  5. Download speed very low

Download speed very low: For about a month or two now my download/upload speed has been beyond bad. Yesterday my download speed was 0.30 mbps, I have no clue why it would be running so terribly all of the sudden but it's almost unbearable. I use a TL-WN725 Wifi Adapter, I've updated my drivers and...
  6. Low browser download speed.

Low browser download speed.: Hi, I've recently updated from a 5mb internet to a 200mb, on torrent or steam I download at 20mb/s the intended speed. But on ANY browser it reaches a maximum of 260KB/s. At first I thought the website would be limiting the speed, but I tested: 1- On my phone same network...
  7. Low download speed with high internet speed.

Low download speed with high internet speed.: When I run an internet speed test, it gives me roughly 25 mbps, but when I download a program, it only downloads at about 3 mbps, while the task manager's wifi monitor shows the same number as the speed test. I tried the solutions in this post Why is my download speed so...
  8. Download speed low?

Download speed low?: Hi I have with Windows 10 on my PC somehow only a download speed of 6mbit. But on the Smartphone or the Playstation I reach over 40 (50th line) Does Windows 10 throttle the internet illegality or what can be the reason for that? o.O It goes over LAN, as said elsewhere...
  9. Download speed is low

Download speed is low: When I am downloading something from the Microsoft Store, Steam or Epic Store, the speed is too low. My Internet speed is 100 MB, so the downloading speed from the Microsoft Store should be about 10MB. But I get about 4 MB. Why is it happening?...
  10. Download speed is low

Download speed is low: Hey so i have 300Mbps download speed , but today in speedtest only give me 94Mbps how can i fix this ? im using Cable not WiFi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-speed-is-low/7fd6d49e-ba91-4a72-949e-6b6c92ed6105

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is downloading at 3.65MB/s slow