Windows 10: Low drive space on brand new computer

Discus and support Low drive space on brand new computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new computer HP Pavillion All in One. I loaded it up with Adobe Creative Suite, which I have done on several other computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James Brown 1957, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Low drive space on brand new computer

I recently purchased a new computer HP Pavillion All in One. I loaded it up with Adobe Creative Suite, which I have done on several other computers with no problem. The system C drive has a capacity of 237 Gb. This drive now indicates that the total available space on the OS drive is only 2.17 Gb. When I look in the folders many of them are empty and if I run Disk Manager it might free up a few 100 Mb but that's all. I've run Norton 360 several times with no indication of a virus. Any ideas? I'm stumped.

:)

James Brown 1957, Mar 25, 2020

2. Still having trouble with low space on Drive D error message after editing registry

Hi jthomasray,

In order to help you with your concern about getting low space on Drive D message, we would just like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the Version and Build of your Windows 10 computer?
    • Have you checked and verified your troubleshooting steps using this
      support link
      ?

Note:

It is always a good idea to back up your data and personal files before performing the involved troubleshooting suggestions.

Kindly reply to this thread for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Mar 25, 2020
  3. low disk space error

I got lost after "Policies".I couldn't find Explorer.There's no low disk space checks.When I back click,there's no Advanced .I have an HP19 desktop with Windows 10 installed.Drive
    D is the recovery drive.

low disk space error

I have a HP19 desktop.I keep getting an error that says low disk space on the recovery d drive.How do you fix this?How do you free up space or prevent the message from showing up ?This is what I did and I got lost:

I got lost after "Policies".I couldn't find Explorer.There's no low disk space checks.When I back click,there's no Advanced .I have an HP19 desktop with Windows 10 installed.Drive
    D is the recovery drive.

NATALIA1040, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Low drive space on brand new computer

Storage Space shows low capacity warning

Hello Chaeril,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

Windows created the low disk space warning to alert computer users when their hard drive is running low on available disk space. However in your case, the warning itself shows incorrect while there is still space left.

To be able to assist you better please let us know few more details on the below questions.

1. What is the make and the model of your computer?

2. Is the D: drive which you have shared the information about a secondary drive or a primary drive (Windows drive)?

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    If the above recommendation did not work, I would suggest you to follow the below steps as a work around to stop the Windows notification of low disk space.

• Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Type in regedit to open the Registry Editor.
    • Navigate down to HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Policies / Explorer
    • If the NoLowDiskSpaceChecks key is not there, right-click to create a new DWORD value with that name.
    • Double-click on NoLowDiskSpaceChecks, enter 1 for the value
    • Press OK and exit from REGEDIT.
    Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Low drive space on brand new computer

1. Low drive space on brand new computer - Similar Threads - Low drive space

2. Low on space C drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low on space C drive.: Low on space C drive. Have run optimize, disk cleanup. Picture folder show 844, yet when opened, folder shows empty. I have lightroom on c drive but all images are saved on D drive. Help please regarding low space on C drive!....
  3. Low disk space on c drive

Low disk space on c drive: I have a relatively new Dell Inspiron 3670 using Microsoft Windows 10 Home x 64 based. I have just started to receive low disk space notifications. I can't get windows updates. I've deleted files and non-used apps, run disk clean up, run antivirus, run optimization tools...
  4. C Drive Low on Space

C Drive Low on Space: Windows 10 EC 20262 My C drive is close to having no free capacity left. After re-installing Windows a few times my Users appear to have increased in number. Originally the C and D drives were one; I partioned single drive to have an OS and a data drive. I want to get...
  5. Low disk space on C drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low disk space on C drive: Good afternoon. I have a windows 10 notebook/laptop that has issues with hard drive showing full. After examining the folders the majority of the storage is being used by c:\progam files\windowsapps @ 37.G and then the C:\windows @ 19.4 GB total hard drive is 57GB...
  6. Drive space running low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive space running low: Hi. My local drive C seems to be over 550gb full yet the pc is only one week old and I don't have a lot of personal file. Personal files can only be around 5gb. Have tried running the CHKDSK for repairs but its still showing. As result keep receiving note my drive is almost...
  7. Low Disk Space on new computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low Disk Space on new computer: Computer is new and 21.8 GB taken up on 29GB disk. I tried to download windows 10 upgrade and I think it was already on the computer. The computer has never run correctly. I have reset the only thing and till shows all this disk drive taken up. thoughts??...
  8. Low Disk Space on K Drive

Low Disk Space on K Drive: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 October update. Windows 10 now reports low disk space on local disk K which is 450 mb with 47 mb free. Before the update Windows did not report on this drive. I have no idea what this drive is or where it is located, but it has been on my...
  9. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...
  10. New random drive that keeps warning low on space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New random drive that keeps warning low on space: Hi. Since a few days ago a new drive arrived with ~450mb space. I googled about it, and it seems harmless. But it keeps coming with a low on space warning (it has 42,7mb free). I tried this: https://support.microsoft.com/da-dk/...-space-warning And I tried to remove the...