Windows 10: Low fps after latest Microsoft 10 update

Discus and support Low fps after latest Microsoft 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. After latest forced Microsoft 10 update, my fps is very low usually 0 or 1 while playing games, which makes games unplayable. Before, my fps used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SimonaZdrnja, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Low fps after latest Microsoft 10 update

Hi.

After latest forced Microsoft 10 update, my fps is very low usually 0 or 1 while playing games, which makes games unplayable. Before, my fps used to be 100 and higher. I tried to turn off apps running in backround, increase performance of the notebook and etc., but nothing worked. I was also wondering if it isn't cause of Microsoft teams, because after I installed it, computer became much slower and was lagging a lot, but that doesn't really make sence. Can you help me please?

:)

SimonaZdrnja, Jan 25, 2021

2. screen flikkering and low fps when playing fullscreen games

Hi Malik,

An outdated graphics card is one of the possible reasons why you are getting low FPS when playing games on your Windows 10 device. To resolve this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected games?

Meanwhile, I recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, you may click the link below:

Click here

Also, I suggest that you update your graphics card. To make sure that you have the latest graphics card, it would be best to get in touch with your computer manufacturer.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Low FPS [WIN10]

Not working Low fps after latest Microsoft 10 update :(
    Ya not working at least with anniversary update!

Arkham Knight, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Low fps after latest Microsoft 10 update

Low FPS [WIN10]

Hi Jason,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to refer the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter.

Run the Windows in build troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Go to Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to follow method 2.

Method 2: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the graphics
      card and click on Update driver software.
    You may also download the latest graphic card drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it on your computer and check.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Low fps after latest Microsoft 10 update

1. Low fps after latest Microsoft 10 update - Similar Threads - Low fps latest

2. Low fps on same system after update. Reason?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps on same system after update. Reason?: I have 24 gb ram and gtx1650 card on which I played forza horizon 4. My average fps was 74 on Ultra settings. After the update, the fps is capped at 40 fps. Its not increasing even if i play it on low settings. I am getting same 40 fps on Ultra and low settings. It increases...
  3. Low fps on same system after update. Reason?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low fps on same system after update. Reason?: I have 24 gb ram and gtx1650 card on which I played forza horizon 4. My average fps was 74 on Ultra settings. After the update, the fps is capped at 40 fps. Its not increasing even if i play it on low settings. I am getting same 40 fps on Ultra and low settings. It increases...
  4. Low FPS after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low FPS after factory reset: Hi, I have a problem I recently installed a new SSD and factory reset my PC. but since then it looks like all the games are being capped to 30 fps. Before I factory reset my PC I was getting good fps with my 60hz monitor in all games. I have tried to do anything but none of...
  5. fps drops after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fps drops after latest update: hi I'm on version 20h2 with the latest update and when I tried to play a game like any game the fps will just drop to 30 or 10 in some cases when it is normally on 60 cpu: i5 3470 Gpu: Gforce gtx 960 4gb Ram:16gb ddr3 1600mhz btw all the latest nvidia drives are installed...
  6. Low FPS after Update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Low FPS after Update 2004: Hello! After update i see 2-3 times lower FPS than before 1909 build. Both case use latest Nvidia drivers. for example - Destiny 2 at 1909 has 280-300 fps on load screen, aftre 2004 - no more than 90 fps. Can anybody confirm this problem? By the way - when 2004 : boot...
  7. Low FPS after Update yesterday!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS after Update yesterday!: So yesterday i applied new thermal paste to my laptop and i had to update when turning it off, my temperatures went down by 10C even when gaming, do these frame drops im having is not about the thermal paste being applied in a bad manner. When raiding last night in World of...
  8. Windows 10 low FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 low FPS: Hello, I using windows 10 pro 64bit core i7, 2th 8cpus, 12gb ram 2ssd but I using window 7 play game 150-200fps - nor-high setting when I using window 10 pro game 40-50 fps. Why? I updated all driver, but nothing improves...
  9. GAMES RUNNING ON LOW FPS AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMES RUNNING ON LOW FPS AFTER UPDATE: I JUST UPDATED MY LAPTOP HAVING WINDOWS 10 ON 24/7/18. AFTER THE UPDATE MY LAPTOP HAS BECOME SLOW AND ALL MY GAMES WHCIH WERE RUNNING SMOOTHLY ARE NOW RUNNING ON 10 FPS OR 15.......PLZ HELP...
  10. Low FPS / FPS Drops on some games when updated to latest os.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low FPS / FPS Drops on some games when updated to latest os.: Most of my games dropped their FPS when I updated to latest version of Windows 10 version 1803 (OS Build 17134.81). Idk how to fix this. I tried defragging, checking for viruses, freed up some space, ccleaned, checked for os errors. still the same. System's temperature are...