Windows 10: Low FPS on games at first start

Discus and support Low FPS on games at first start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have windows 10pro and no matter how many times I reinstall the system whether on uefi or legacy I have the same problem: When I start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by goca, Jun 11, 2016.

1. goca Win User

Low FPS on games at first start

Hi,

I have windows 10pro and no matter how many times I reinstall the system whether on uefi or legacy I have the same problem:

When I start windows from zero(power button) I have low fps and stuttering on games. But when I restart(not shut down) the pc frames are perfect again.

This happened to me with 2 graphics cards r9390x and gtx 1080. Of course everything updated.

This is what I tried:
    -Fresh install both uefi and legacy and with and without microsoft account login
    -Java and flashplayer install
    -different resolutions
    -and several other things I can´t remember.

If anyone has a solution for this It would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

:)

2. Low fps after manually installing Microsoft Visual c++

Hello everyone, this are my specs:

CPU: Intel i3 3220 @ 3.30GHz Mobo: Intel DH77EB RAM: 2x 4GB Kingston Fury KHX 1600 DDR3 GPU: MSI 1050ti Gaming X 4 GB

After reinstalling windows and after fully updating I got this error:

'The program can't start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer.Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.'

After googling I've reinstalled Microsoft Visual c++ 2013 and 2015. Because it was the same thing with msvcp140.dll. And the problem with the missing dll files was gone. Now the next problem is low fps in games. Usually I've got around
    60 -70 fps in pubg, now it shows 1 FPS for few seconds and then is around 7-10 fps.

Not only pubg, the same is happening with other games. In the meantime nvidia launched new gpu drivers, at first I tought it was a problem with the drivers, but even after full clean and reinstall with DDU, fps in games is still very
    low.

Thanks in advance for your help.

DiegoDovgan, Jun 11, 2016
  3. marssew Win User
    FPS drop on Windows 10

I have ASUS K551LN with i5-4210U , 8Gb Ram Gpu - nvidia geforce 840m 2gb and driver- GeForce Windows 10 driver version -353.62

First game Sleeping Dogs with windows 8.1 i had 40+ fps but now with windows 10 ~ 30 fps.

CS:GO 8.1 had 120+ fps now 60 -90 fps

Also i tested GTA V 8.1 was about 40 fps but now 30 fps after few minutes dps start to fall to 18-16 fps at low.

And a litlle fps drop is in Euro truck simulator 2.

If i downgraded to 8.1 i will be able to upgrade back on windows 10 after few months?

marssew, Jun 11, 2016
Thema:

Low FPS on games at first start

1. Low FPS on games at first start - Similar Threads - Low FPS games

2. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps in games: I suddenly had low fps in all my games so i tried fixing it and ran into several problemssfc doesnt work i get the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service, DISM doesnt work, i have low fps in all my games, i cant do an update because i get the...
  3. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low fps in games: I suddenly had low fps in all my games so i tried fixing it and ran into several problemssfc doesnt work i get the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service, DISM doesnt work, i have low fps in all my games, i cant do an update because i get the...
  4. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Game getting low FPS with low ussage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game getting low FPS with low ussage: I usually get 60+ FPS, but for some reason I'm getting below 15 FPS. This always happens at the most random times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-getting-low-fps-with-low-ussage/23254b34-32fe-43e4-9119-298a631e681c
  6. Game getting low FPS with low ussage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game getting low FPS with low ussage: I usually get 60+ FPS, but for some reason I'm getting below 15 FPS. This always happens at the most random times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-getting-low-fps-with-low-ussage/23254b34-32fe-43e4-9119-298a631e681c
  7. Low FPS issues in all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low FPS issues in all games: Hello, Over the past 3 weeks I have had a 50% decrease in my fps. It went from 60-30 and I am unable to play all my games except League of Legends. I have updated all my drivers including using rollback drivers. I don’t know what to do as this has been a reoccurring problem....
  8. Low fps on every game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low fps on every game: Anyone know why my fps is low on every game I play, before you ask for specs and what graphic settings i play on just know i was able to play all these games before, but now they’re just unplayable. 1. My battery settings is set to best peformance 2. i play medium graphics...
  9. Low FPS in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS in games: Hi - My laptop is reasonably well spec'd: i7, RTX 2070, 32 GB RAM. For whatever reason, games like Minecraft and GTA V don't run as smoothly as they used to, getting only about 70 and 40 FPS respectively. Is there anything I can do to fix it other than updating my...
  10. Old games unplayable - low fps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old games unplayable - low fps: Hello, I looked through many topics regarding this problem but I have never found a solution that would help me, so I would very much appreciate your help. I love some old games, that are not available right now on the digital platforms. I used to play them on my Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. low fps when i start a videogame

2. fps low first starting to game

3. game low fps on start