Windows 10: Low game volume issue

Discus and support Low game volume issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, after yesterdays update 8/9/2020 I have a problem with the sound of games, the sound in All games is very low.. This issue occurred after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeGGSS, Sep 9, 2020.

1. MikeGGSS Win User

Low game volume issue

Hello, after yesterdays update 8/9/2020 I have a problem with the sound of games, the sound in All games is very low.. This issue occurred after the update was made on 8/9/2020.before the sound in the games was fine.. Also when I go to YouTube, the sound is fine. I've tried my headphones, and they're fine. The sound when I look is at the max and when I open a game it's like it's at 20%

:)

MikeGGSS, Sep 9, 2020

2. low volume issues

I have tried what other's did to try to correct the low volume without success. I also note on this site and on other sites success was not forth coming in most cases.

I have a Toshiba Satellite. It appears after upgrading to Windows 10 my audio drivers are Conexant SmartAudio HD. I am not savy with drivers and how to fix issues with them. I did not see anyone else here that mentioned these drivers.

The low volume is a deal breaker for me so unless I can find a fix or a fix to issue is not coming soon then I will go back to Windows 8.1 where volume was not a problem.

Any suggestions or date of a fix?

Thank you

SamanthaRoys, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Faith Win User
    volume issue with certain games

Hi! Did this just happen randomly? What sound system is this on? Speakers or headphones? Stereo or surround? connection type? KHz and bit rate? Skyrim is known to have low volumes at default, and The Witcher 3 is mixed. It could be that the audio equalization is off for you in these games? Or that the installed software driver interferes somehow? If it's lower volume than standard then Id' say that's normal for those games, especially Skyrim. But if it is super low then that's an issue obviously.

Faith, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Low game volume issue

Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Low game volume issue

1. Low game volume issue - Similar Threads - Low game volume

2. Low volume at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low volume at 100%: The volume on my PC is low even at 100%. These are the device specifications:Device name DESKTOP-0HUF7QB Processor IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB 3.88 GB usable Device ID 94E219E2-2831-46CA-88C7-B307230F44A9 Product ID...
  3. Low mic volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low mic volume: I have a new computer that was shipped with windows 10. The microphone worked well in windows 10, but once I updated it to windows 11 it could only pick up 6% sound and I can't be heard in meetings anymore. This is apparently a very common and persistent problem as I see...
  4. Low volume of microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low volume of microphone: 2 days ago i restarted my entire pc and now i have a problem with microphone. Microphon don't even register my voice and when it does its very quiet. Can someone help?...
  5. Low volume.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low volume.: Greetings!My computer recently started being quieter!! I have volume at about 100 and it's still quiet. It happens when I watched YouTube. Please help me! Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-volume/3e3aaa8d-2c05-4e78-b94e-cd412d043373
  6. Microphone volume is low

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone volume is low: I'm on the latest version of Win10, I have a Soundblaster Z sound card with the latest drivers, a Lenovo WMR headset and an Nvidia 1070, I think that covers all the potential audio devices on the system. Recently I found that my microphone volume was really quiet. I was...
  7. Audio issue : random low volumes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issue : random low volumes: Hi all, I am facing an issue with audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing any video on netflix windows applications, youtube on browsers or anything the audio sometimes randomly becomes very low and kind of sound flat. But when I close that application and reopen it...
  8. volume issue with certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume issue with certain games: So certain games (in steam), like shovel knight has a normal volume, but with games like witcher 3 and skyrim, i have to turn the volume WAY up to be able to even hear anything. Of course I've made sure that the in-game volume is turned up, I've also alt-tabbed out of the...
  9. Attila Total War low volume issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attila Total War low volume issue: I discovered a sound problem during gameplay,main menu loading screen effects and map. All having weird lower than usual volume sounds. At first I checked PC and troubleshoot and found nothing.the I tested movies and music and they are playing very loud. I even opened up...
  10. volume low

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    volume low: volume low https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-low/95a103b8-7af8-4705-9842-c940057d5edc