Windows 10: low gaming performance after october update

Discus and support low gaming performance after october update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ok so I play battlefield 3 now the problem is it feels laggy during gameplay like it is hanging occassionaly it was not there before also some svchost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tushar_gamer, Oct 31, 2018.

1. low gaming performance after october update

ok so I play battlefield 3 now the problem is it feels laggy during gameplay like it is hanging occassionaly it was not there before also some svchost is running when I start playing

i5 2500

16gb ram

asus gtx770 2gb

Samsung evo 860 evo ssd

:)

tushar_gamer, Oct 31, 2018

2. GAMES RUNNING ON LOW FPS AFTER UPDATE

Hi PANDA,

Having an outdated Graphics driver is one of the possible reasons why you are having low frames per second (FPS) while playing games. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you follow the solutions below:

Solution 1: Update your drivers using the link below.

Update drivers in Windows 10

Solution 2: Disable Game bar.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click Gaming (Game bar, DVR, broadcasting, Game Mode).
    3. Toggle the "ON" switch under “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar” to “Off”.
    4. Uncheck the "Show game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified" checkbox.

Solution 3: Turn off the Game DVR.

1. Click the Start button, and then type Xbox app to open it.
    2. Go to Settings.
    3. Click Game DVR.
    4. Make sure that the "Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR" selection is "Off"

Solution 4: Perform a clean boot on your device. Kindly refer to this link for the steps.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 31, 2018
  3. gaming performance

how do I increase gaming performance in win 10 just got October update os version is 17763.55 any advice will be appreciated thanks

tushar_gamer, Oct 31, 2018
  4. BossDweeb Win User

low gaming performance after october update

gaming performance

"just got October update os version is 17763.55"

- If you are experiencing a drop in performance since the 1809 version update not much can be done until MS fix all the

bugs that are in this fail of an update. These fixes will be delivered in new cumulative updates over time.

If the update has not caused a loss of performance and you want better gaming performance then as Evan suggested,

a new graphics card is what you need.

A number of games released in the past few years, such as Fallout 4 & GTA5, are requiring more VRAM, and 2GB is not

quiet adequate for some games if you want to dial up all the settings for maximum eye candy.

More so if you use a 27" monitor with 1440p resolution.

- The i52500K is still a good cpu, and should still be fine with all but a handful of new titles.

- 16GB RAM is more than enough.

- No amount of tweaking Windows is going to help by more than a couple of fps.

BossDweeb, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

low gaming performance after october update

1. low gaming performance after october update - Similar Threads - low gaming performance

2. Low performance after dual-boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low performance after dual-boot.: Hello I have a dualboot system on AsusX55C which has Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04 , I installed dualboot nearly a month ago. Now Windows takes more time than the other OS and gives a very slow performance. I tried reinstalling windows but nothing changed. I have done some...
  3. windows 10 low gaming performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 low gaming performance: ok i am playing battlefield 4 now while in game i view task manager there is a service state repository it takes cpu and my gaming hangs and fps drops what should i do 140387
  4. suddenly low gaming performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    suddenly low gaming performance: till yesterday i used to play battlefield 4 on ultra settings with resolution scale to 130 on 1080p it was butter smooth 60 fps constant but now cpu is suddenly spiking and going 100 it never happened before while in game 2 processes popsup one is windows audio service it...
  5. Low CPU performance after windows 10 update ?

Low CPU performance after windows 10 update ?: Hi, I installed windows 10 x64 in january 2019 and installed all updates from Microsoft but this month (august) i ran some performace test for CPU (intel 8700k) and the results are lower than those taken in january. I ran the test multiple times, no changes in hardware,...
  6. low gaming performance win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    low gaming performance win 10: I made a post earlier but no help now in game I click task manager and searchui.exe pops up suddenly it drops my frames in game and lags I disabled cortana but again this thing showed up again plz help...
  7. low gaming performance win 10

low gaming performance win 10: ok so I created a post before for this but no help here is the screenshot of cpu usage while in game these svchosts take cpu as well in game why so [ATTACH]...
  8. low performance

low performance: I have been using asus VivoBook R542uQ which has i7 8th gen processor with 8 gb ram and a nvidia 940mx but still my laptop is too slow.What problem might be causing such performance issue.please help!!...
  9. Games performance after Win updates.

Games performance after Win updates.: Hey, This problem started to appear for me after the creators updates a few month ago. Any game that I used to run on windowed or borderless windowed mode started to have this sort of flickering that you`ll see in the images. The only fix that I`ve then was to use...
  10. Low performance in games - WIN10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low performance in games - WIN10: Hello, as title suggest, I have constant stutters, microstutters and FPS drops in almost every game, even when I usually exceed recommended requirements, althoutht OS itself seems to run fine. I had not any of these problems before the upgrade from Windows 8.1. Problem...