Windows 10: Low GPU usage, Low FPS, Frame Drops and Sound Distortion on new build..(please help)

Discus and support Low GPU usage, Low FPS, Frame Drops and Sound Distortion on new build..(please help) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Guys me (I’m not particularly tech savvy but I know some things)and my friend built a pc with the following specs: RX 5600 XT Ryzen 5 2600 Thermaltake... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sifalio69, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Low GPU usage, Low FPS, Frame Drops and Sound Distortion on new build..(please help)

Guys me (I’m not particularly tech savvy but I know some things)and my friend built a pc with the following specs: RX 5600 XT Ryzen 5 2600 Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W Gigabyte B450M DS3H 16gb ram 3200mhz 240gb ssd 1tb hard drive (All brand new) So I have this problem with very low gpu usage and normal cpu usage and my fps in games are very mediocre and they feel way lower because of the continuous frame drops and stutter. Also this issue remains out of games accompanied with stuttering sounds when I listen to something like a bad radio or something. I used to have a gt 520 before I install the rx 5600 xt but it stopped working. I also get occasionally BSOD of DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I have tried: Run windows ram test and ssd test on cmd All latest drivers installed on everything Deleted old drivers of gt 520 Power Plan High performance Windows latest update Not a thermal issue Not a ram issue Not a ssd issue If it helps (I don’t know if this is normal) some not so heavy programs like chrome are displayed as very high power usage on the task manager. The whole thing along with the display are connected to a 3 socket power strip going to a powerline that is connected to the wall so I can have internet. Some people tell me i must do something with the bios. I think it’s the powerline not giving enough voltage or the bios thing.. please answer if you know or had a similar experience. Can it be that a part is flawed from the factory?

submitted by /u/sifalio69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sifalio69, Apr 6, 2020

2. Low FPS with new GTX 980 graphics card

The AMDcpu is the bottle neck all FX chips unless overclocked like crazy will never compete on stock hence the 10 frames hit even with a overclcok you'll suffer atleast 3 to 5 frames and that would be running a 4.8 Ghz or higher oc so indeed 8350 holding you back

solarstarshines, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Rich87 Win User
    Low FPS with new GTX 980 graphics card

Sadly, Borderlands 2 physx is extremely unoptimized on high end Nvidia GPU's even when set to low. The game causes the physx calculations to be under utilized by the GPU causing big fps drops especially in combat.
    I got some great fps increases however following this guide Steam Community :: Guide :: Performance/Optimization tweaks for Borderlands 2. Particularly in turning off Dynamic Shadows, Distortion, and the Black Outlines and Cel Shaders. Hopefully Gearbox will fix these fps issues one of these days but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Rich87, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Low GPU usage, Low FPS, Frame Drops and Sound Distortion on new build..(please help)

Low FPS with new GTX 980 graphics card

Ok it's a FX8350 I have one of those did you overclock the CPU ?

If not you may need too AMD vs Intel is not pretty Intel will always grab 10+ frames over a AMD Cpu this is just facts in order to get remotely in their league that cpu needs to be Oc'ed to at least 4.6 4.8 Ghz

solarstarshines, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Low GPU usage, Low FPS, Frame Drops and Sound Distortion on new build..(please help)

1. Low GPU usage, Low FPS, Frame Drops and Sound Distortion on new build..(please help) - Similar Threads - Low GPU usage

2. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops: i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no...
  3. low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    low cpu and gpu usage causing fps drops: i have a hp omen gaming laptop with i7-10875h and rtx 3070. my laptop run pretty smooth while gaming and had my gpu usage was 98% and rare fps drop before but now both my cpu and gpu usage fluctuates a lot, and rarely hit above 70%. i have tried a lot of things but no...
  4. GPU Usage suddenly drop very low

GPU Usage suddenly drop very low: hey, this happened to me when i'm playing games, it seems fine with no lag for couple of minutes and then it suddenly gets very lag, when i check the task manager, the gpu usage suddenly drops to 20-30, can you help me?...
  5. BSODs and Low FPS with Low GPU usage - New issue on an older setup

BSODs and Low FPS with Low GPU usage - New issue on an older setup: Hi everyone,I've been having recent issues with random BSODs and more importantly low FPS on certain 3D games with low GPU usage and low FPS and have not been able to find a solid answer as to why. I was able to play games like Sea of Thieves and Shadow of War with 144 FPS 6...
  6. BSODs and Low FPS with Low GPU usage - New issue on an older setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs and Low FPS with Low GPU usage - New issue on an older setup: Hi everyone,I've been having recent issues with random BSODs and more importantly low FPS on certain 3D games with low GPU usage and low FPS and have not been able to find a solid answer as to why. I was able to play games like Sea of Thieves and Shadow of War with 144 FPS 6...
  7. BSODs and Low FPS with Low GPU usage - New issue on an older setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Low CPU, Low GPU, Low Temp, Low FPS drops and delayed/sluggish controller input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low CPU, Low GPU, Low Temp, Low FPS drops and delayed/sluggish controller input: Hi, I'm currently facing an issue where games suddenly drop to a crawl of sometimes 4-5 fps ... while playing at 60+ fps seconds before. After a couple of seconds the fps go up again and recent controller input is 'played' as if it got recorded/buffered. My system; i9...
  9. Low FPS/GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low FPS/GPU: I got this Gaming Laptop that is a ASUS - ROG Strix G15 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti - 512GB SSD - Electro Punk I got it around August and wasn't playing it for games, mostly just for school. Later on i had started playing...
  10. Help needed with Low CPU usage and Low FPS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed with Low CPU usage and Low FPS: Since the last week i started getting low fps in ALL games all of a sudden and i tracked the culprit to be my CPU's low utilization which for some reason is now very low despite it working completely fine past week.I have tried reinstalling windows 10, it worked fine for a...