Windows 10: low internet speed in WSL 2

Discus and support low internet speed in WSL 2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi speed of internet in wsl 2 is very low... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by foxhacker, Apr 16, 2021.

1. foxhacker Win User

low internet speed in WSL 2

hi

speed of internet in wsl 2 is very low

:)

foxhacker, Apr 16, 2021

2. WSL 2

I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling
    etc etc lags...Please suggest me something to fix that so that i could use the new virtualization feature.

Legend Hunter 3, Apr 16, 2021
  3. NickJP Win User
    Cannot upgrade installed distros in WSL to version 2

After installing the Win10 2004 build 19041 update (running winver shows "version 2004 (OS build 19041.388)", I've tried to upgrade a couple of installed distros I had in WSL version 1 to WSL version 2 following the instructions at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10. All the steps in the instructions compete successfully, up to the point where I try to change the WSL version of one of the installed distros to 2 at which point I see the messages below:

Code:
    I have enabled the Virtual Machine Platform feature (it shows as on with a tick against it in Control Panel Windows features), Intel-vt virtualization is enabled in the BIOS, and running msinfo32 shows, at the bottom of the system summary listing:

Code:
    I also tried installing another distro with the WSL default version set to 2, but attempting to launch it shows the error:

Code:
    Any suggestions on how to get around this problem? From what I've read, WSL2 gives worthwhile speed increases over WSL1, and so is worth using if I can get it to work.

NickJP, Apr 16, 2021
  4. low internet speed in WSL 2

WSL

Version 2 of WSL uses a new lightweight utility virtual machine capability. To enable the lightweight virtual machine and WSL, you need to enable two Windows features: Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Subsystem for Linux.

To enable these features via the user interface (UI), press the Windows key and enter Windows Features, then click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    When the Windows Features dialog appears, check the boxes for Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Subsystem for Linux.

If you want to make version 2 the default for any Linux distros you install then run the following command:

Code:
    Now you can install Linux distro from Microsoft Store it will be running version 2 of WSL.

A distro can be converted between versions of WSL after installation. To achieve this, you use the wsl --set-version command.

This command takes two arguments:

• The name of the distro to update
    • The version to convert it to

An example of converting the Ubuntu distro to version 2 is shown here:

Code:
    Execute wsl --list --verbose versions of WSL installed distro.

FreeBooter, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

low internet speed in WSL 2

1. low internet speed in WSL 2 - Similar Threads - low internet speed

2. WSL 2 No internet connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL 2 No internet connectivity: Hello,I have successfully installed Ubuntu with WSL 2. After setting up my account I tried to do 'sudo apt update' which failed to connect. I also tried to ping google but it failed as well. I searched online and found solutions with changing my /etc/resolv.conf nameserver to...
  3. WSL 2 No internet connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL 2 No internet connectivity: Hello,I have successfully installed Ubuntu with WSL 2. After setting up my account I tried to do 'sudo apt update' which failed to connect. I also tried to ping google but it failed as well. I searched online and found solutions with changing my /etc/resolv.conf nameserver to...
  4. WSL 2 No internet connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. low internet speed in WSL 2 in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low internet speed in WSL 2 in Win 11: My speed of internet in wsl 2 is very low, with windows version of win 11.There is no "vEthernet WSL", have network name as "VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet1" and "VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet8".And, There is no “Large Send Offload Version 2 IPv4” and...
  6. low internet speed in WSL 2 in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    low internet speed in WSL 2 in Win 11: My speed of internet in wsl 2 is very low, with windows version of win 11.There is no "vEthernet WSL", have network name as "VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet1" and "VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet8".And, There is no “Large Send Offload Version 2 IPv4” and...
  7. low internet speed in wsl

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    low internet speed in wsl: please help me! in WSL speed of internet is very low https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-internet-speed-in-wsl/a77c6d23-db7d-4122-8f58-878de5bbcd32
  8. Low internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low internet speed: My family has a 20mb wifi, and since i upgraded from w7 to w10, i'm getting just 10mb or less, sometimes almosr 20 with difficulty and i don't know what else to do. Disabled auto tuning level, changed DNS on IPv4, disabled some OneNote packages, disabled background apps,...
  9. Problem of low speed internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem of low speed internet: Hello to all. I just bought a laptop, but I ran into a problem: the phone catches the Internet at 100 Mbps, and the laptop is only 20 at the same distance ... How can I fix this? Intel driver updated, no one has changed ... submitted by /u/MasterHunter234 [link]...
  10. low internet speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low internet speed: ok so when I test my net speed it seems fine but when I open sites it feels something is lagging is there anything I can do about it I can feel a difference now sites are slow...