Windows 10: Low LAN speeds on only one machine

Discus and support Low LAN speeds on only one machine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My device is reporting a LAN speed of anywhere between 100 - 400 Mb/s whereas any other device I tried to connect to the same network reported... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vladis Becker, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Low LAN speeds on only one machine

My device is reporting a LAN speed of anywhere between 100 - 400 Mb/s whereas any other device I tried to connect to the same network reported consistent speeds of about 900 - 1000 Mb/s. This problem persists with different cables and other devices connected with the same cable do not have the same problem. The problem persists whether or not the device is connected directly to the router or not.

I have tried all the steps detailed in the following thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-internet-speed-is-slow/16642dbe-4eeb-47a4-85c1-37e578b0521b

To list the steps I have gone through so far:

I have tried other devices with the same cable and they show no problem.

I have tried to connect my device directly to the router and it showed the same problem.

I have refreshed my network as detailed in the above thread.

I have deactivated Large Send Offload for IPv4 and IPv6 and it showed no improvement.

I have set the Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to my main and secondary DNS respectively and seen no improvement.

I have reset my network as detailed in the last post of the above thread.

I have no antivirus other than Windows Defender in use.

I have no VPN or similar in use at the moment.

I am using no network optimization software or anything similar.

A clean start does not solve the problem.

After trying all of these things I could not find the source of the problem. I would be grateful for any further ideas.

:)

Vladis Becker, Feb 9, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Feb 9, 2021
  3. doc89 Win User
    LAN Network Slow speeds

update, problem fix with the following. Thanks 100MB/s on large files

doc89, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Low LAN speeds on only one machine

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Low LAN speeds on only one machine

1. Low LAN speeds on only one machine - Similar Threads - Low LAN speeds

2. LAN Upload speed suddenly low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN Upload speed suddenly low: HelloMy LAN upload speed suddenly after Windows update dropped to 1 Mbps. The normal upload speed should be around 60 Mbps. The download speed is still normal about 600 Mbps. The wireless speed hasn't changed, it is still working well. This upload speed drop happened on one...
  3. LAN Upload speed suddenly low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAN Upload speed suddenly low: HelloMy LAN upload speed suddenly after Windows update dropped to 1 Mbps. The normal upload speed should be around 60 Mbps. The download speed is still normal about 600 Mbps. The wireless speed hasn't changed, it is still working well. This upload speed drop happened on one...
  4. LAN Upload speed suddenly low

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. OFFLINE LAN SPEED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OFFLINE LAN SPEED: I connected two pc windows 11 and windows 10 through offline lan cable. Some time data transfer speed is very good. When restart some time data transfer speed is very slow. It change slow to high or high to slow when restart pc....
  6. OFFLINE LAN SPEED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OFFLINE LAN SPEED: I connected two pc windows 11 and windows 10 through offline lan cable. Some time data transfer speed is very good. When restart some time data transfer speed is very slow. It change slow to high or high to slow when restart pc....
  7. LAN Upload speed suddenly extremly low

LAN Upload speed suddenly extremly low: Hi All, My upload speed suddenly seems to be limited to 355KB/s wich by the way seems to be some magic number, if you google it, it get's mentioned in many speed related issues I first noticed it while uploading a file to a NAS I'm working on. Yesterday it uploaded at...
  8. Extremely low download speed on Wifi only

Extremely low download speed on Wifi only: Since March I have had an issue with the internet speed on my HP Laptop. When I run a speed test on the WiFi the download is 0.55 and the upload is 10.6. When I plug the laptop in with the Ethernet cable the download is over 100 and the upload is 12. I have read many others...
  9. Very Low Upload Speed on One Device Only

Very Low Upload Speed on One Device Only: As you can see in the title, I have been experiencing an extremely low upload speed on my computer, ever since i had performed a factory reset. These are speeds ranging from 0.01 - about 0.08 mbps, whereas my other devices acheive a speed of >20mbps. I have tried updating...
  10. Speed up your machine! (Windows Only)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speed up your machine! (Windows Only): Laptops and Desktops are known to become slow overtime, so I wanted to give you some speed up tips for windows. Laptops: 1. So, you'll want to go into the start menu and type in disk cleanup. Then you should press open. Then if it allows you to, select your drive with your...