Windows 10: Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10

Discus and support Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/8an2klfgwcpc1.png?width=615&format=png&auto=webp&s=5f8925be626965edf38406f5a7924ef29e277ff8 submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SkrSkrWhizzingRound, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10

/u/SkrSkrWhizzingRound, Mar 19, 2024

2. Windows 10 high Memory Usage

Hello,

I appreciate your patience.

You might be facing this issue due to several reasons like low virtual memory, third party software conflicts, virus threat on the computer etc.

Even though no programs or applications are running, some background services can show memory usage and disk usage. In order to check which particular program is using the memory, I would suggest you to check the Task manager.

Refer to these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select
    task manager.

2. Click on the ‘Processes’ tab and it will show you show you a list of programs and services running and their corresponding memory usage and disk usage.

3. Check if any of the item listed is consuming more memory or disk usage than normal.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

You need to increase this virtual memory.

Make it equivalent to your RAM size for the initial size and twice of the initial size in maximum size and make sure you have the same amount of free space in your hard drive in each drive.

To do this, follow the following steps:

1. Go to Control Panel (Press Windows key + X)> All control panel items > System

2. Click on Advanced system settings.

3. Under Performance, click on settings

4. Go to Advanced tab

5. Under Virtual memory, click on Change

6. Un-check "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" check box

7. Select your windows drive (where OS is installed)

8. Click on Custom size radio button

9. Set Initial size equivalent to your RAM size in MB

10. Set Maximum size to twice of your RAM size in MB

11. Click on Set

12. Click on OK thrice

13. Restart your system

Hope it helps.

Let us know if the issue persist, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 19, 2024
  3. Low on memory???

Hi,

Programs using too much memory and possible infection are a few of the factors that can trigger a Low on memory warning in Windows 10. We suggest running the
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter. This will automatically detect issues that might affect system performance. Follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Select Troubleshooting Control Panel.
    • Click View all.
    • Click System Maintenance.
    • Hit Next.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Mar 19, 2024
  4. Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10

100% Memory usage

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You might be facing this issue due to several reasons like low virtual memory, third party software conflicts, virus threat on the computer etc.

Even though no programs or applications are running, some background services can show memory usage and disk usage. In order to check which particular program is using the memory, I would suggest you to check the Task manager.

Refer to these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select
    task manager.

2. Click on the ‘Processes’ tab and it will show you show you a list of programs and services running and their corresponding memory usage and disk usage.

3. Check if any of the item listed is consuming more memory or disk usage than normal.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if this helps.

You need to increase the virtual memory by making it equivalent to your RAM size for the initial size and twice of the initial size in maximum size and make sure you have the same amount of free space in your hard drive
    in each drive.

To do this, follow the steps:

1. Go to Control Panel (Press Windows key + X)> All control panel items > System

2. Click on Advanced system settings.

3. Under Performance, click on settings

4. Go to Advanced tab

5. Under Virtual memory, click on Change

6. Un-check "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" check box

7. Select your windows drive (where OS is installed)

8. Click on Custom size radio button

9. Set Initial size equivalent to your RAM size in MB

10. Set Maximum size to twice of your RAM size in MB

11. Click on Set

12. Click on OK thrice

13. Restart your system

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10

1. Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Low Memory Usage

2. memory low

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory low: hi microsoft i need help i have low memory on my laptop and have just taken a screenshot of treesizenow i don't want to remove any unnecessary files or folders? so i need suggestions really in what to remove and what not to remove there is a file called something page.sys now...
  3. Running low on memory on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running low on memory on windows 10: Hi, so I created my new gaming PC two months ago. It had no issues until two days ago, when I would be playing a game for several hours and it would randomly crash. Had no idea why, I had ran a memory diagnostics and it came back clean, but the issue kept occurring. Today...
  4. Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage: Hello, I've just recently built a new computer and I'm now running into the problem that Windows is getting really slow like opening the Windows Explorer takes forever while CPU/memory/disk usage is all below 10%. My setup: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x at 4.2GHz w/ a be quiet! Dark...
  5. windows 10 memory usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 memory usage: orywhen i opened the task manager and opened the resource monitor it is showing that in memory theirs is 1237MB usage of standby memory so my request is there will no problem to windows if we remove the standby memory...
  6. Low memory in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low memory in Windows 10: I am trying to print in microsoft publisher and a warning keeps popping up that says windows memory is low and it says I need to close out other programs but I have nothing else open and I have looked and my memory is at 41%....
  7. low on memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    low on memory: my computer tells me I have low memory but trying free up memory doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-on-memory/0d2b9a02-e861-4815-a0ec-8bc68480ebb8"
  8. Windows 10 Low on Memory - Firefox

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Low on Memory - Firefox: Hi all, There have been "Low on Memory" error messages from Windows since about 3.1, if I remember correctly. However, here we are in mid-2016 and Windows is still 'Low on Memory'. I know the difference between physical memory, page file, swap file, commit, paged,...
  9. High Memory Usage/ Low Memory Popup on Win10 8gb Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Memory Usage/ Low Memory Popup on Win10 8gb Laptop: It seems that I've been getting low memory issues ever since upgrading to Win10, but I'm not 100% certain if thats the issue. I thought about uprading to 16gb ram, but I'd like to know if theres some other fix for this. I can't multitask as I used to be able to. Sometimes...
  10. Windows is low on memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is low on memory: There's something weird going on with my memory. I haven't updated my computer or anything recently, but yesterday everything was fine, and then this morning when I woke up my computer the start screen displayed yesterday's date and was playing some sort of strange music...