Windows 10: Low mic volume even with max mic boost

Discus and support Low mic volume even with max mic boost in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DSL Sweetland, May 25, 2022.

1. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help

:)

DSL Sweetland, May 25, 2022
  2. zaphod77 Win User

Mic boost for default USB mic driver.

I have tried MANY MANY usb micrphones, and every single one that uses the default usb audio driver does NOT have a mic boost (this is pretty much every one of them).

The recording volume is often too low to record low volume stuff, even at max.

Only mics that have their own special audio driver ever actually have a mic boost.

Is there some reason that this can't be fixed? Is it something to do with the usb microphone specification?

zaphod77, May 25, 2022
  3. Tonyb Win User
    just got a new blue snowball ice mic boost not there low audio

mine looks like its provided by C-media here is a pic. as you can see that is the only slider i got for mine and as far as i can tell it controls just the volume output nothing more, i'm half tempted to try the program i listed above, but have heard of people loosing sound enhancements from realtek from installing it.

Low mic volume even with max mic boost [​IMG]

Low mic volume even with max mic boost [​IMG]

Tonyb, May 25, 2022
  4. 1Kurgan1 Win User

Low mic volume even with max mic boost

Adjusting Mic Volume for different programs

Trying to figure this out here. My mic volume has been fine in TS or Skype. But I recently picked up Dxtory and my mic is quiet in there. I have mic volume set to 100 and no Mic boost. I'd rather not use boost, but today I tried it out and it worked fine. Then I realized Dxtory is connected directly to the volume for your mic in Windows. Which is no problem I figured I would just drop down TS and Skypes outbound volume and be fine. Well Skype that works fine with, but it seems I can't in TS. So I'm stuck with 2 programs (TS and Dxtory), both tied to Windows Sound Settings, but one picks up my voice fine and the other picks it up low. I can't think of a way around it, any ideas here?

1Kurgan1, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Low mic volume even with max mic boost

1. Low mic volume even with max mic boost - Similar Threads - Low mic volume

2. Low mic volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low mic volume: I have a new computer that was shipped with windows 10. The microphone worked well in windows 10, but once I updated it to windows 11 it could only pick up 6% sound and I can't be heard in meetings anymore. This is apparently a very common and persistent problem as I see...
  3. Low mic volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low mic volume: I have a new computer that was shipped with windows 10. The microphone worked well in windows 10, but once I updated it to windows 11 it could only pick up 6% sound and I can't be heard in meetings anymore. This is apparently a very common and persistent problem as I see...
  4. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  5. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  6. mic on full volume and mic boost but still low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic on full volume and mic boost but still low: i have a BM 800 mic i dont have any sound card but if I put it at the highest volume I still need to get close as possible I cant stay 5 Meters away otherwise they cant hear me the youtube videos are just completely nothing nothing rlly worked on them so yeah. i need help on...
  7. Mic boost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic boost: I recently bought a mic i hooked it up but i sounds really low i went to control panel and sound and properties . I put the mic volume up and there is no mic boost. I tryed troubleshooting it but it said not problems detected . I need help turning mic volume up...
  8. Mic Volume too Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Volume too Low: I just recently got a new headset, however this problem is not new to the headset, has just gotten worse. The microphone volume is just simply extremely low, to the point where people are maxing me out in discord and then my volume is just barely comfortable for them...
  9. Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost: as title says Mic is basically not usable , both front and rear 3.5mm I tried, -uninstalling and installing it again -unplugging them from the motherboard uninstalling the driver and plugging them again -latest driver from the motherboard and realtek websites -older...
  10. mic way too low even after boosting it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mic way too low even after boosting it: title. I cant get my mic to a normal volume, even after doing everything to boost it within windows 10. someone please help, this has been a problem for weeks submitted by /u/TriggerOnTheTrey [link] [comments]...