Windows 10: low on memory

Discus and support low on memory in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my computer tells me I have low memory but trying free up memory doesn't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LINDAROBERTS8, Dec 29, 2018.

1. low on memory

my computer tells me I have low memory but trying free up memory doesn't work

:)

LINDAROBERTS8, Dec 29, 2018

2. Low on memory???

Hi,

Programs using too much memory and possible infection are a few of the factors that can trigger a Low on memory warning in Windows 10. We suggest running the
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter. This will automatically detect issues that might affect system performance. Follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Select Troubleshooting Control Panel.
    • Click View all.
    • Click System Maintenance.
    • Hit Next.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Babu V Win User
    windows 10 random shut downs after low memory warning

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.
    Refer to the following methods and check if it helps:

I would also suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows,
      select System Maintenance.

• Click next and follow the
      on-screen instructions.
    Also refer to the steps suggested in this link: Preventing low memory problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preventing-low-memory-problems#1TC=windows-7

Note: Suggestions from the above links are applicable to Windows 10 too.

Try this and let us know the results.

Babu V, Dec 29, 2018
  4. low on memory

New Laptop constantly low on memory.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you receive low memory error even though it has 8 gb of RAM. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to:

Corruptions in Windows components, Ram not accessing its full capacity, multiple files opened on the computer etc.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up

unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
      • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
      • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
      • Select System Maintenance.
    Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to check if the computer is using its full memory.

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig.
    • Go to Advance options and check if you have choosen use Maximum memory.
    • If not, I suggest you to place a check mark, restart the computer and check if that helps.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

low on memory

1. low on memory - Similar Threads - low memory

2. Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/8an2klfgwcpc1.png?width=615&format=png&auto=webp&s=5f8925be626965edf38406f5a7924ef29e277ff8 submitted by /u/SkrSkrWhizzingRound [link] [comments]...
  3. My pc suddenly showed low memory, and crashed while running smoothly, after updating to 23h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc suddenly showed low memory, and crashed while running smoothly, after updating to 23h2: The problem occurred when i downloaded some "armoury crate" Updates, some days ago, while lead to my pc after running for around 40 min, even if running just one tab chrome, my chrome tab suddenly showed low memory, when i tried to open any app, it wouldn't let me, and...
  4. My pc suddenly showed low memory, and crashed while running smoothly, after updating to 23h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc suddenly showed low memory, and crashed while running smoothly, after updating to 23h2: The problem occurred when i downloaded some "armoury crate" Updates, some days ago, while lead to my pc after running for around 40 min, even if running just one tab chrome, my chrome tab suddenly showed low memory, when i tried to open any app, it wouldn't let me, and...
  5. minecraft laucher crashes with an error that signal low memory, but I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft laucher crashes with an error that signal low memory, but I don't know how to fix it.: the crash report says the following:## There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.# Native memory allocation mmap failed to map 402653184 bytes for G1 virtual space# Possible reasons:# The system is out of physical RAM or swap space# The process...
  6. minecraft laucher crashes with an error that signal low memory, but I don't know how to fix it.

minecraft laucher crashes with an error that signal low memory, but I don't know how to fix it.: the crash report says the following:## There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.# Native memory allocation mmap failed to map 402653184 bytes for G1 virtual space# Possible reasons:# The system is out of physical RAM or swap space# The process...
  7. Low Virtual & Physical Memory available

Low Virtual & Physical Memory available: Hoping someone can help with my issue. The title says it all.I've been getting back into playing Rust recently, and I've just encountered a black screen & game crash. I checked the event viewer to see if anything was logged, to my surprise, it says the following: Windows...
  8. Low Virtual & Physical Memory available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low Virtual & Physical Memory available: Hoping someone can help with my issue. The title says it all.I've been getting back into playing Rust recently, and I've just encountered a black screen & game crash. I checked the event viewer to see if anything was logged, to my surprise, it says the following: Windows...
  9. Low Virtual & Physical Memory available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Low memory on my main C drive. System restore not working right.

Low memory on my main C drive. System restore not working right.: I have an older Dell 2GB Optiplex destop. My main C drive is getting seriously low on memory, it's a 64.2 bit drive and I'm down below 15%. I have, in the past, used system restore to clean it up and also Disk Cleanup, my disk cleanup is working but system restore won't work,...