Windows 10: Low on storage space on SSD

Discus and support Low on storage space on SSD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop 2 years old, if that has a 100GB SSD drive C:Drive and a 930GB D:Drive conventional disk drive, which is pretty common these days. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 3bob, Nov 22, 2020.

1. 3bob Win User

Low on storage space on SSD

My laptop 2 years old, if that has a 100GB SSD drive CLow on storage space on SSD :Drive and a 930GB DLow on storage space on SSD :Drive conventional disk drive, which is pretty common these days. Windows OS is on the SSD and the computer is now prompting me to create space on the SSD as it is 90% full.

Windows OS and c:users

Something I cannot work out is that the users directory for me is occupying 50GB of the available 100GB! OneDrive appears to be nested into this. Can that be right?

Does OneDrive duplicate to my hard drive?

How do I create space? Do I move everything to the disk drive, including Window OS? Can I move the user directory to D: Drive?

:)

2. Low Storage Space

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Ideally, Manufacturers provide the devices in different hardware configurations. Certain devices are configured to run with a minimum requirements for Windows 10 and the device configuration is basically decided by the manufacturer.

However, from Windows standpoint, we can suggest you steps where you can optimize the storage space. You can refer the suggestions mentioned in the above response.

Meanwhile, you can also try reducing the virtual memory and see if that helps. Refer the article How
    to Increase Virtual Memory in Windows 10: A Quick Guide
    by Edu Baloja

In addition, refer the article
    Low Disk Space error due to a full Temp folder

Let us know how it goes. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 22, 2020
  3. 293a3c4d-30fd-4eea-9279-6d8867de5823, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Low on storage space on SSD

Low Storage Space - couple questions

Hi Claire,

The low storage space that you are experiencing might occur due to an automatic backup files that consume your hard disk space when creating a restore point. To turn it off, follow the steps below:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Update & security
      icon.
    • Select Backup on the left side, and turn off Automatically back up my files on the right side.

To disable hibernation option, you may check the following steps:

• Right-click on the Start button, and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the pop-up menu. If you are prompted by the User Account Control asking if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer, click
      Yes to proceed.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press
      Enter. Exit the Command Prompt window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Low on storage space on SSD

1. Low on storage space on SSD - Similar Threads - Low storage space

2. Low Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low Storage: I'm having some storage issues. I have about 118GB of storage in my C drive, that is currently almost full, with about 931 GB of storage in my D drive. Everything seems to save standard to the C drive. Is there either a way to change which drive the current files are stored...
  3. Low Storage Space

Low Storage Space: Hi guys I have been hovering around 1GB worth of storage space left on my hard drive for quite some time that has stressed me out no end. I have done all sorts of clean up options, e.g. disc clean up, optimize the drive, temp folder, %temp% folder, prefetch, wsreset etc....
  4. Storage and low disk space, windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage and low disk space, windows 10 updates: I have had this pc for a while and the recent windows 10 update dosent have room to install, the C: drive is full while my D: drive is not. How do i change what drives the updates install on?...
  5. Storage and low disk space

Storage and low disk space: Hello, I have had this pc since Christmas and my disk space is low, so I switched default storage devices: start/settings/system/storage. But that did not work, can anyone help with this problem? Thanks....
  6. low on storage

low on storage: I am low on storage, and I have no clue what to do and I want more space. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-on-storage/7ac62bce-7400-4f79-ad94-9a061a6cae21
  7. Storage Spaces: SSD Tiering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage Spaces: SSD Tiering: I'm building a volume with 10 HDDs and an SSD. If I configure it through the UI will it automatically tier the SSD or does that still need to be done via powershell? Windows 10 Enterprise (latest build, forget exact number) submitted by /u/DirkEdgewoode [link] [comments]...
  8. LOW STORAGE SPACE

LOW STORAGE SPACE: I AM USING LENOVA MIX 320 TABLET. IT IS PREINSTALLED WITH WINDOWS 10. IT HAS ONLY 32 GB MEMORY. NOW I HAVENT INSTALLED ANY APPLICATION BUT THE TABLET ALWAYS SHOWS LOW STORAGE SPACE FROM THE DATE OF MY PURCHASE. HOW COME A WINDOWS OS OCCUPIES ALL THE MEMORY GIVEN BY THE MAKER...
  9. SSD with USB interface for Storage Spaces

SSD with USB interface for Storage Spaces: According to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12438/windows-10-storage-spaces (pull down the top item): "You can use a variety of types of drives with Storage Spaces, including USB, SATA, and SAS drives." However, when I wanted to use a USB flash drive to create a...
  10. Windows Update Not enough disk space – Low storage space issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update Not enough disk space – Low storage space issues: [ATTACH] When updating Windows 10 if you are running into low storage space problem, it simply means that there is not enough disk space on the drive where Windows 10 has been installed. When Windows 10 downloads the update packages, it extracts [...] This post Windows...