Windows 10: low on storage

Discus and support low on storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am low on storage, and I have no clue what to do and I want more space. any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Person hiding their, Oct 8, 2020.

1. low on storage

I am low on storage, and I have no clue what to do and I want more space. any suggestions?

:)

Person hiding their, Oct 8, 2020

2. low storage

• I have upgraded my pc from windows 7 to 10 and now my disk says low storage.
    what should I do please answer

HiraniASARS, Oct 8, 2020
  3. 293a3c4d-30fd-4eea-9279-6d8867de5823, Oct 8, 2020
  4. low on storage

Low Storage Space - couple questions

Hi Claire,

The low storage space that you are experiencing might occur due to an automatic backup files that consume your hard disk space when creating a restore point. To turn it off, follow the steps below:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Update & security
      icon.
    • Select Backup on the left side, and turn off Automatically back up my files on the right side.

To disable hibernation option, you may check the following steps:

• Right-click on the Start button, and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the pop-up menu. If you are prompted by the User Account Control asking if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer, click
      Yes to proceed.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press
      Enter. Exit the Command Prompt window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

low on storage

1. low on storage - Similar Threads - low storage

2. Why is my storage so low?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my storage so low?: I have tried everything. I have tried checking if it was because of a temp folder didn’t work. I have tried using all of the storage clean up recommendations and none work. I have tried deleting a lot of my apps and files didn’t work. I have tried everything and my storage...
  3. Why is my storage so low?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my storage so low?: I have tried everything. I have tried checking if it was because of a temp folder didn’t work. I have tried using all of the storage clean up recommendations and none work. I have tried deleting a lot of my apps and files didn’t work. I have tried everything and my storage...
  4. How to setup a warning for low storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to setup a warning for low storage?: Dear Windows Experts,When I am running out of storage, things mysteriously start to malfunction. Usually it takes me a while before I find out that the problem is that I am running out of storage. I would like to set up an alarm/warning when I have less than 200 Gb free. I...
  5. How to setup a warning for low storage?

How to setup a warning for low storage?: Dear Windows Experts,When I am running out of storage, things mysteriously start to malfunction. Usually it takes me a while before I find out that the problem is that I am running out of storage. I would like to set up an alarm/warning when I have less than 200 Gb free. I...
  6. How to setup a warning for low storage?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. File storage was low and Windows 10 automatically compressed certain folders/files;...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File storage was low and Windows 10 automatically compressed certain folders/files;...: Hello, My file storage was low and Windows 10 automatically compressed certain folders/files; however, now that I have cleared some space I still can not access my photos/videos. with each showing as 55GB, and cumulatively 336TB for Size, Size on desk remains steady at...
  8. File storage was low and Windows 10 automatically compressed certain folders/files;...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File storage was low and Windows 10 automatically compressed certain folders/files;...: Hello, My file storage was low and Windows 10 automatically compressed certain folders/files; however, now that I have cleared some space I still can not access my photos/videos. with each showing as 55GB, and cumulatively 336TB for Size, Size on desk remains steady at...
  9. File storage was low and Windows 10 automatically compressed certain folders/files;...

10. I'm trying to upgrade my device to Windows 10 but my device has low storage

I'm trying to upgrade my device to Windows 10 but my device has low storage: Hi I'm trying to upgrade my device from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 but my device has less than 10 gigabytes of storage what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-upgrade-my-device-to-windows-10-but/95d76e86-8a67-4b50-a986-9e46f96c5152