Windows 10: low performance when battery is disconnected

Discus and support low performance when battery is disconnected in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Performance is reduced drastically when i disconnect my laptop battery, i have to disconnect it because its getting too swollen and i fear it will blow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PaltryD, Jan 11, 2019.

1. PaltryD Win User

low performance when battery is disconnected

Performance is reduced drastically when i disconnect my laptop battery, i have to disconnect it because its getting too swollen and i fear it will blow up. So, is windows reducing performance because its not detecting any battery? Or do my laptop needs the battery to perform fully? Here are the specs

Processor Intel Core i7-6700HQ(Intel Core i7)

Graphics adapterNVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Memory

8 GB DDR4-2133 SO-DIMM, 1 of 2 slots in use, Dual-Channel, max. 16 GB

Display

15.6 inch 16:9, 1920 x 1080 pixel 141 PPI, LGD0519, IPS, glossy: no

Mainboard

Intel HM170 (Skylake PCH-H)

Storage

Adata IM2S3138E-128GM-B, 128 GB

, + Seagate Momentus ST2000LM003, 1 TB HDD @ 5400 rpm. Slots: 1x M.2 & 1x 2.5-inch

Battery

61.5 Wh Lithium-Ion, 3 cells

:)

PaltryD, Jan 11, 2019

2. low battery alarm

We suggest that you check if the low battery notification is turned
    on. Kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type Power Options to see the laptop's power plans.
    • Click on Change Plan Settings.
    • Click on the Change Advanced Power Settings.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery.
    • Expand it see Low battery notification, turn it on for both
      On battery and Plugged in.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Window 10 - No warning for low battery.

Hi William,

Your concern about the low battery notification on your device can be facilitated by the Power Options section of Windows. To check if Low battery notification is activated, we'd recommend performing the following:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type Power Options.
    • Click on Edit power plan.
    • Locate and click Change advanced power settings.
    • Locate and collapse the Battery category.
    • Locate and collapse Low battery notification.
    • On battery must be tagged as On.
    • If it's already on, locate and increase Low battery level to at least 10%.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

No low battery notif + abrupt shutdown

Hi Chris-Irina,

We would like to know if you're still experiencing the issue with no low battery notification.

If yes, it is possible that this issue happened due to configuration settings. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried checking if there's any pending updates?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the suggestion shared by JohnSchoonover on this
    thread to troubleshoot your concern with no low battery notification.

If the issue still persists, we encourage you to submit a feedback or suggestion by following the steps on this
    link.
    We consider suggestions and comments provided by our users. These queries are being collated, reviewed, and can be considered for future updates.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. low performance when battery is disconnected - Similar Threads - low performance battery

2. How do I fix my low battery performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my low battery performance?: My Windows 11 laptop keeps on powering off when it reaches 30%, and when I press the power button a low battery symbol appears. Can someone please help me fix this problem?...
  3. How do I fix my low battery performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my low battery performance?: My Windows 11 laptop keeps on powering off when it reaches 30%, and when I press the power button a low battery symbol appears. Can someone please help me fix this problem?...
  4. Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15: I bought a new hp pavilion laptop 15-eg2007tx in september not long ago. But it seems like the battery life of the laptop is far below what has been advertised.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj1WJZ5sWuAjqHWMdNGPhEgMmxDN?e=LoawBU...
  5. Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15: I bought a new hp pavilion laptop 15-eg2007tx in september not long ago. But it seems like the battery life of the laptop is far below what has been advertised.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj1WJZ5sWuAjqHWMdNGPhEgMmxDN?e=LoawBU...
  6. Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Customise the acion performed on low battery in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customise the acion performed on low battery in windows 10.: I get a notification for when my laptop reaches its low battery level and the actions I can set for low battery level in the control panel are-Do Nothing, Sleep, Shutdown, Hibernate. Is it possible to set a custom action, like running a script, so that every time my laptop...
  8. battery low

battery low: I no longer get a on screen message telling me my battery is low at 15% and laptop shall shutdown shortly, cant find how to get this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-low/995134fc-40ca-4647-a4b7-dc7088804764
  9. low performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low performance: I have been using asus VivoBook R542uQ which has i7 8th gen processor with 8 gb ram and a nvidia 940mx but still my laptop is too slow.What problem might be causing such performance issue.please help!!...
  10. Slow performance with low battery

Slow performance with low battery: Hi I'm just looking for some advice on an Asus UX305F laptop I bought last week. It's working fine apart from a couple of things: - When the battery is getting low, say from 10% and down, the performance drops dramatically and everything, particularly the internet,...