Windows 10: low performance

Discus and support low performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been using asus VivoBook R542uQ which has i7 8th gen processor with 8 gb ram and a nvidia 940mx but still my laptop is too slow.What problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnkitDeb, Oct 16, 2018.

1. AnkitDeb Win User

low performance

I have been using asus VivoBook R542uQ which has i7 8th gen processor with 8 gb ram and a nvidia 940mx but still my laptop is too slow.What problem might be causing such performance issue.please help!!

:)

AnkitDeb, Oct 16, 2018

2. Low on memory???

Hi,

Programs using too much memory and possible infection are a few of the factors that can trigger a Low on memory warning in Windows 10. We suggest running the
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter. This will automatically detect issues that might affect system performance. Follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Select Troubleshooting Control Panel.
    • Click View all.
    • Click System Maintenance.
    • Hit Next.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

low performance

Window 10 - No warning for low battery.

Hi William,

Your concern about the low battery notification on your device can be facilitated by the Power Options section of Windows. To check if Low battery notification is activated, we'd recommend performing the following:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type Power Options.
    • Click on Edit power plan.
    • Locate and click Change advanced power settings.
    • Locate and collapse the Battery category.
    • Locate and collapse Low battery notification.
    • On battery must be tagged as On.
    • If it's already on, locate and increase Low battery level to at least 10%.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

low performance

1. low performance - Similar Threads - low performance

2. How do I fix my low battery performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my low battery performance?: My Windows 11 laptop keeps on powering off when it reaches 30%, and when I press the power button a low battery symbol appears. Can someone please help me fix this problem?...
  3. How do I fix my low battery performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my low battery performance?: My Windows 11 laptop keeps on powering off when it reaches 30%, and when I press the power button a low battery symbol appears. Can someone please help me fix this problem?...
  4. My graphic card performance is low and the drivers keep messing up my system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My graphic card performance is low and the drivers keep messing up my system.: I checked the benchmark scores and performance of my graphic card NVIDIA 950M. The score was very low 4.86%. This causes my screen to glitch and flicker making the laptop unusable. I tried to uninstall the graphics drivers and when I do so the laptop works fine on Intel HD...
  5. My graphic card performance is low and the drivers keep messing up my system.

My graphic card performance is low and the drivers keep messing up my system.: I checked the benchmark scores and performance of my graphic card NVIDIA 950M. The score was very low 4.86%. This causes my screen to glitch and flicker making the laptop unusable. I tried to uninstall the graphics drivers and when I do so the laptop works fine on Intel HD...
  6. My laptop has low performance.

My laptop has low performance.: As you can see, from day 22 go on my laptop sunk on tick red, I’m not sure why but maybe on that day i was trying to move all my folders to another disk, but one thing happened that was my avast didn’t accept my administrator access, so that I had to use stronger methods...
  7. My laptop has low performance.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has low performance.: As you can see, from day 22 go on my laptop sunk on tick red, I’m not sure why but maybe on that day i was trying to move all my folders to another disk, but one thing happened that was my avast didn’t accept my administrator access, so that I had to use stronger methods...
  8. My Laptop CPU's clock speed is max but performance is low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop CPU's clock speed is max but performance is low: Hi,My Laptop is underperforming when I'm charging it. Whenever I plug in my laptop's charger, I notice a increase in the CPU clock speed which to me is normal since I want my laptop to perform better on charge however, Instead of performing better my laptop underperforms. FPS...
  9. My Laptop CPU's clock speed is max but performance is low

My Laptop CPU's clock speed is max but performance is low: Hi,My Laptop is underperforming when I'm charging it. Whenever I plug in my laptop's charger, I notice a increase in the CPU clock speed which to me is normal since I want my laptop to perform better on charge however, Instead of performing better my laptop underperforms. FPS...
  10. My Laptop CPU's clock speed is max but performance is low

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging