Windows 10: Low power problem emergng from sleep mode

Discus and support Low power problem emergng from sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I put my computer (HP all in one) in sleep mode to come back to it later. When I bring it back from sleep mode, it remains on low power and is hardly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TJenkins, Aug 17, 2015.

1. TJenkins Win User

Low power problem emergng from sleep mode

I put my computer (HP all in one) in sleep mode to come back to it later. When I bring it back from sleep mode, it remains on low power and is hardly readable. How do I remedy this.

Also, my screen saver is set to come on after 10 minutes of non usage, using my pictures as a slide show. This is not working and I can't figure out how to make it work.

:)

TJenkins, Aug 17, 2015
  2. JDaRow Win User

Windows 10 laptop system power options problems

It's an MSI laptop if that matters.

My power settings are set to notify me at 15% when my battery is low and to go into sleep mode at 7%. Instead it just powers off at around 10%.

Additionally while plugged in or in battery it fails to come out of sleep mode. If I press the power button to turn it back on the power lights will turn on, off, on, off, and then it will finally power up.

Edit: If I close the lid it will go into sleep mode and I can turn it back on from there. But not if it goes into sleep after a long wait.

JDaRow, Aug 17, 2015
  3. WillHogan Win User
    Having issues with computer going into "sleep mode" after 2-3 minutes even though the settings are set to "never"

Here is the output: (should I expect something different?)

Platform Power Management Capabilities:Supported Sleep States

Sleep states allow the computer to enter low-power modes after a period of inactivity. The S3 sleep state is the default sleep state for Windows platforms. The S3 sleep state consumes only enough power to preserve memory contents and allow the computer
    to resume working quickly. Very few platforms support the S1 or S2 Sleep states.

S1 Sleep Supported
    false

S2 Sleep Supported
    false

S3 Sleep Supported
    true

S4 Sleep Supported
    true

Platform Power Management Capabilities:Connected Standby Support

Connected standby allows the computer to enter a low-power mode in which it is always on and connected. If supported, connected standby is used instead of system sleep states.

Connected Standby Supported
    false

WillHogan, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Low power problem emergng from sleep mode

1. Low power problem emergng from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Low power problem

2. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode problem: When I went to sleep mode my mobile hotspot and ethernetvwill stop working as well. What should I do to make it work on sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-problem/cb9c1211-8dbd-470e-9be5-6194d1599f44
  3. S0 Low Power Idle (Modern Standby) and wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    S0 Low Power Idle (Modern Standby) and wake from sleep: Powercfg /a tells that the only supported sleep state is S0 Low Power Idle. That is a very confusing thing, I could not find satisfactory information by googling. Is that sleep state supposed to arm keyboard/mouse wakeup the exact same way than S3? I see that if I force S3...
  4. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode problem: When I close the lid of my laptop, the computer does not go to sleep mode. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-problem/e2662a4b-a99c-47cb-a22c-1ffaa338c158
  5. problem with sleep mode

problem with sleep mode: When I put my device to sleep and press the power button again, it always freezes on black screen and i have to hard-shutdown it , or it restarts the windows. note: I have this problem after updating to version 1903...
  6. Problem with Sleep Mode

Problem with Sleep Mode: When I activate the sleep mode the screen turn off, but some minutes later when I try to turn on the laptop and the laptop don't turn on, so I start to touch all the keys but the screen keep turn off and the laptop is still on....
  7. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode problem: Hi all,, when I leave my lid open for too long it seems to go into sleep mode and the screen goes black, I try to get to start again but nothing happens. How can I do it?. the only thing I can do is switch it off and then it starts up in administrator mode and I have a job to...
  8. Sleep Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode Problem: When entering sleep mode, my computer displays a gray screen. Does anyone know why? 6952
  9. Problem With Waking Up From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem With Waking Up From Sleep Mode: Hello all. I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 which runs Windows 10. It was working perfectly fine for 1 year, but over the last few days, when I put it in sleep mode and press a key/move my mouse it won't wake up. Normally (back when it worked), when it was in sleep mode and I...
  10. Problem with SLEEP mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with SLEEP mode: I have a refurbished Dell OptiPlex, 8GB 64 bit and have a problem with using "Sleep" mode. It works when I click on SLEEP, but then, when I switch off my screen or my wifi mouse, it loads again. This did not happen with Windows 7. Any ideas or suggestions please? 31439