Windows 10: Low profile card in NON low profile case worked!

Discus and support Low profile card in NON low profile case worked! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; much to my disappointment I found out that the HP Compaq DC 5800 micro tower desktop computer is not built squarely. (happen with two PCs of same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by danni1of2, Apr 8, 2017.

1. danni1of2 Win User

Low profile card in NON low profile case worked!

much to my disappointment I found out that the HP Compaq DC 5800 micro tower desktop computer is not built squarely. (happen with two PCs of same type)This means that if I use extension cards built for this size case I am unable to put the cover on my PC because part of the card protrudes when it is snapped in securely. I however have found a way around this problem: this time when buying my expansion video card I purposely chose a low profile one. This shortened the mounting bracket of the card and enough that I am now able to snap the side cover on my PC

:)

danni1of2, Apr 8, 2017

2. Solitaire collection

The hardware is designed around the minimum for Windows 7, so do not expect DX12 grade programs to work.

AMD and NVIDIA have low end cards that might help a bit.

here is an example of the low profile card I reviewed some time ago

ZOTAC GT 710

Hardcore Games™, Apr 8, 2017
  3. J.Shafer Win User
    Words and Icons not showing in Windows Apps

I did several resets. I put a new video card in, and viola, it worked. However, I can't leave the video card in, because it is a low profile case and it doesn't fit.

My hope was to get it working long enough to install a new build of windows, but the update (9252?) simply starts and then says "Thank you for upgrading/updating Windows" and it will not actually run to install everything. So a new problem has arisen.

J.Shafer, Apr 8, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Yep, the card usually the same but the mounting bracket makes a difference, come cards come with both brackets. The older horizontal [non-tower] cases were easier to work with in such a situation, all the weight of the card was in the slot.

Berton, Apr 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Low profile card in NON low profile case worked! - Similar Threads - Low profile card

2. Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART: Dear Company I have some questions regarding the latest updates on Windows 10, before we always used a Serial PortStartech.com, Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART without any issues with DELL 7080. Now a few days a go, all of the computer...
  3. Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART: Dear Company I have some questions regarding the latest updates on Windows 10, before we always used a Serial PortStartech.com, Port Low Profile Native RS232 PCI Express Serial Card with 16550UART without any issues with DELL 7080. Now a few days a go, all of the computer...
  4. Low CPU, Low GPU, Low Temp, Low FPS drops and delayed/sluggish controller input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low CPU, Low GPU, Low Temp, Low FPS drops and delayed/sluggish controller input: Hi, I'm currently facing an issue where games suddenly drop to a crawl of sometimes 4-5 fps ... while playing at 60+ fps seconds before. After a couple of seconds the fps go up again and recent controller input is 'played' as if it got recorded/buffered. My system; i9...
  5. Low usage on Graphics card while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low usage on Graphics card while gaming: Hi, for about a week after updating my Windows, I have noticed a huge problem while gaming. My GPU is only getting 2 to 3% utilization while gaming, down from 98%. The best example I have is when playing CS: GO, before the update I had 370+FPS, now I have about 30... It's not...
  6. One profile for Domain and non-domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One profile for Domain and non-domain: I have a couple users that work on their laptops outside of the office but need to connect to the domain when here. When they connect it creates a new profile and they have to re-register their software licenses. They also lose access to all of their documents and such unless...
  7. Low profile graphics card recommendations

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Low profile graphics card recommendations: Afternoon/Evening/Morning all... I have a SFF Desktop (HP EliteDesk 800 G2). A rather powerful computer for its size. However, I need a graphics card for it, to thus play games. It has a built in card on the board. Alas, I'd like something a little more powerful. Something...
  8. News select case profile 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    News select case profile 1809: Hello, On windows 10, when you copy a profile 'exemple : default profile to C:\users\profile.v6 ' , there is a new select case 'mandatory profile' What does it mean ? what is the difference beteween older version and this, What's difference to rename ntuser.dat to...
  9. Making a 'Work' Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Making a 'Work' Profile: Hey there! Awesome forum! *Biggrin Lets cut straight to the chase: I am not being very productive at home lately. No matter where in the house I am at i just can't concentrate long enough to do anything useful with my computer, and i don't want to have to leave the house...
  10. ZOTAC GeForce GT610 2 GB Low Profile Question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ZOTAC GeForce GT610 2 GB Low Profile Question: Hey guys, I wanna buy a new video card, because I can't play ANY modern games with my stupid integrated GPU (Intel GMA X3100). I found the ZOTAC GeForce GT 610 2 GB Synergy Low Profile - GeForce ® GT 610 Synergy 2GB | ZOTAC, but I'm not really sure on whether it will work...