Windows 10: Low quality on TV 4K when using HDMI from my laptop

Discus and support Low quality on TV 4K when using HDMI from my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop is a new HP 15-db0045ns with AMD Ryzen 5 2500U CPU and AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics and 12GB RAM. HDMI port is 1.4 The TV is a new Samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kmint, Dec 14, 2019.

1. kmint Win User

Low quality on TV 4K when using HDMI from my laptop

My laptop is a new HP 15-db0045ns with AMD Ryzen 5 2500U CPU and AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics and 12GB RAM.

HDMI port is 1.4

The TV is a new Samsung UHD 4K and when I connect this or older laptops by HDMI the image quality is very poor, as if it was a much lower resolution.

Any idea why?

:)

kmint, Dec 14, 2019
  2. ThundaBG Win User

Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, Dec 14, 2019
  3. connecting hp laptop to sony tv using hdmi

Hello

We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Have you tried with a different HDMI cable?

Below are the steps to connect the TV to your laptop.

Connect the TV to the LAptop using the cable you have chosen.

Connect the TV power and turn it on.

Change the TV video input source to match the video source connection from the laptop (Line-1, Video-1, HDMI, etc.). Refer to the documentation that came with the TV for instructions.

Depending on the TV, the image quality might not be as good as that of a monitor.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions or require further help.

Regards

dayamiperez, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Low quality on TV 4K when using HDMI from my laptop

How to show Photos from PC Laptop onto 4k TV

I want to show JPG photos from my HP PC laptop onto a 4K LG TV, and of course I want it to be shown at the 4k resolution. When I connected the HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV and used the photo slideshow that comes with the PC computer, I believe all
    I was able to do was screen share and so because the PC laptop has a resolution of just 1366 by 733 or whatever, it was completely pixelated on the 4k TV.

It seems like I should be able to show photos on the TV at full resolution, just not sure how to do it.

RonMcKinney1, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Low quality on TV 4K when using HDMI from my laptop

1. Low quality on TV 4K when using HDMI from my laptop - Similar Threads - Low quality using

2. Low quality on TV 4K when using HDMI from my laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Low quality on TV 4K when using HDMI from my laptop: My laptop is a new HP 15-db0045ns with AMD Ryzen 5 2500U CPU and AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics and 12GB RAM. HDMI port is 1.4 The TV is a new Samsung UHD 4K and when I connect this or older laptops by HDMI the image quality is very poor, as if it was a much lower resolution....
  3. Interfacing to ultra 4k TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Interfacing to ultra 4k TV via HDMI: Having trouble with latest windows 10 pro version (1809) interfacing with an ultra 4k tv via HDMI. When entering text in any text entry box, it will not display until the cursor is moved. Has something changed? Used to work on earlier versions of windows 10. My system is...
  4. connecting hp laptop to sony tv using hdmi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting hp laptop to sony tv using hdmi: I have a HP laptop I am trying to connect to my sony tv using laptop and have no idea it show nothing when I connect cord and not sure what to do help anyone?...
  5. Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable

Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable: Hi, I am using Dell Vostro 3466 and it doesnt have HDMI port so I am using VGA to HDMI port. I am trying to connect it with my smart tv but it says no signal. My laptop display has been destroyed and I can barely see whats on it. Please suggest shortcuts or work arounds...
  6. Using a PC with my Samsung 4K TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a PC with my Samsung 4K TV: The stats of my PC are included with my profile, and my tv is a 2017 Samsung 4K UHD TV (Model Number: UN40MU6300FXZA, Serial Number: 06LD3CFJB11187T); I tried hooking my PC to my tv thinking my nvidia gtx 650 ti video card could handle it, but either it was a configuration...
  7. Unable to connect laptop to TV using HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect laptop to TV using HDMI: Unable to connect laptop to TV using HDMI to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/unable-to-connect-laptop-to-tv-using-hdmi/b058f875-da8e-4e32-8fe8-fd0a80e6e6d4
  8. hdmi connection from laptop to tv screen

hdmi connection from laptop to tv screen: I was using hdmi cable to connect laptop screen to a tv screen. It was working well for a couple of days and 1 day it suddenly stopped. i tried to removing and reconnecting and it is still not working. Can any one please help....
  9. Zoomed Desktop when laptop attached to 4k TV

Zoomed Desktop when laptop attached to 4k TV: Hi, I have recently purchased a new 4k television and sometimes plug my laptop via an HDMI cable to it for gaming. When I connect, the desktop is zoomed in and some games do not run because of this.. Now I had this issue with a standard 1080p TV, it was a simple fix of...
  10. No HDMI output from my laptop to my Samsung TV.

No HDMI output from my laptop to my Samsung TV.: Hi, So I have tried everything. I update the drivers for both my graphics cards and they are both the latest drivers. When I connect my TV to my laptop, the TV screen goes blank for a few seconds (normal) and then I get a searching for signals...and then a few minutes...