Windows 10: Low resolution icons and text

Discus and support Low resolution icons and text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought a new computer recently with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 and a Radeon RX 590 graphics card. It has all been running fine up until a few days ago when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ayyHugo, Apr 25, 2020.

1. ayyHugo Win User

Low resolution icons and text

I bought a new computer recently with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 and a Radeon RX 590 graphics card. It has all been running fine up until a few days ago when I started up my computer to find multiple desktop and taskbar icons were very grainy and low-resolution - although this was not the case before and I had not altered the display settings.

I have read through forum posts describing similar problems like this however none of the answers seem to have worked for me. As well as this, the text in some applications is also low-resolution - but it not to do with the application itself.

Many thanks

:)

ayyHugo, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Listek Win User

Low resolution on system

Hi there. Since I have installed Windows10 on my laptop I have low resolution for system icons, not sharp displayed text etc
    Please help.
    I attach a screen which shows how it should look like (on the left) and how it is right now (on the right)

Listek, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Smokes68 Win User
    Low Resolution

Hello
    Despite trying to find the right info I am still no further forward I am having problems with low screen resolution on my Desktop PC 22" monitor even though I have had it set to 1024x768 and above the screen still looks massive, I have tried dpi,, make desktop icons smaller it still does not look right, I thought this may be down to the motherboard M5A78L-M Plus/USB3 on board vga (I will be getting a better MB a bit later on following suggestions from people on here suggested Thanks for the advice) I tried an old ATI 4600 which worked very well with Win XP with drivers newly downloaded from AMD this made no difference

My laptop resolution is great at 1440 x 900 running the same operating systems with dual boot Win10 RS! and Win7 Pro with SP1

I have tried searching forums, YouTube, Google and now out of ideas of what to try next?

Thanks
    Smokes

Sorry if I have posted in wrong section

Smokes68, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Low resolution icons and text

Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Low resolution icons and text

1. Low resolution icons and text - Similar Threads - Low resolution icons

2. Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming: Hello, I had an older ideapad that would display 4k and 1080p if 4k not offered with no issues since 2017. In Nov/22, all of the sudden low res text, images, and videos played low res contantly. It plays 4k like a 1080, it plays 1080 like a 720. One interesting fact: I...
  3. Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming: Hello, I had an older ideapad that would display 4k and 1080p if 4k not offered with no issues since 2017. In Nov/22, all of the sudden low res text, images, and videos played low res contantly. It plays 4k like a 1080, it plays 1080 like a 720. One interesting fact: I...
  4. Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Low resolution text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low resolution text: I've been dealing with this "low resolution text". I don't know where did it come from. I tried to watch YouTube videos to make my PC get better Frames Per Second. Any help? This is how it looks like....
  6. Low resolution text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low resolution text: I've been dealing with this "low resolution text". I don't know where did it come from. I tried to watch YouTube videos to make my PC get better Frames Per Second. Any help? This is how it looks like....
  7. Low resolution text

8. Low text resolution

Low text resolution: This is an example of how does my font looks like now. My whole computer texts are pixeled, help.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-text-resolution/3a240caa-dfac-4dfc-9d9d-abc2ac51f90f
  9. Low Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Low Resolution: Hello Despite trying to find the right info I am still no further forward I am having problems with low screen resolution on my Desktop PC 22" monitor even though I have had it set to 1024x768 and above the screen still looks massive, I have tried dpi,, make desktop icons...
  10. Blurry text and low quality icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text and low quality icons in taskbar: So, i've scaled my windows to 115% from Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display - set a custom scaling level and now the network and battery icons are with very low quality - [img] . Most of the text in all apps is not blurry - [img] but in others is blurry -...