Windows 10: Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage

Discus and support Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The recent patch fixed the low GPU usage issue in games, however, CPU usage is still low. below 6%. So Microsoft still needs to fix that. because when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jack010001, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage

The recent patch fixed the low GPU usage issue in games, however, CPU usage is still low. below 6%. So Microsoft still needs to fix that. because when I rolled back the update, the usage is fine. even when i run a single core benchmark in cinebench the CPU usage is still below 6%. no driver updates or uninstallation fixed it. only roll back to update fixed the problem. I have Ryzen 5 5600X, 32G corsair ram, RTX 3070. as i mentioned, rolling back the update fixed the issue. GPU usage was low until the recent update from microsoft but there is a problem with the CPU still

:)

Jack010001, Oct 3, 2022
  2. hxshfx Win User

Poor performance but very low hardware usage

I've been searching for speed step configuration in BIOS but I didn't find it. I'll send pictures for every CPU-related configuration since I'm a bit scared of touching that sensitive config for my own :S

- - - Updated - - -

Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage [​IMG]

hxshfx, Oct 3, 2022
  3. Dave C1 Win User
    CPU usage dropped to 5% during Gaming after installing Win 11 22H2 update causing huge lag

I think ill be staying on 22h2 and hope that a future update can fix the low cpu reading in afterburner and HWInfo etc.

Afterburner still gives me GPU usage and Temp, CPU temp and FPS and also Im able to play my games again without lag.

My 32 inch LG Ultragear monitor has always appeared as Generic PNP in Windows 11 task manager now on 22h2 it appears as

Generic (LG Ultragear) . Hoping that between LG and Microsoft they are a step closer to having a driver for my monitor like it does in Windows 10.

Dave C1, Oct 3, 2022
  4. 7empe Win User

Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage

CPU usage dropped to 5% during Gaming after installing Win 11 22H2 update causing huge lag

The API for CPU usage is no longer compatible with 3rd party apps like RTSS, MSI AB etc. This problem was reported when 22h2 was still in the beta channel. CPU usage in the Task Manager works fine though. These 5% seen in the overlays does not reflect the real usage. It's a bug that needs to be fixed by MS or overlay vendors.

However, I confirm that CPU performance drop exists (I'm on 12900KF). I got almost 1000 points less in GeekBench3 multicore after an update to 22H2. Single core is not affected.

7empe, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage

1. Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage - Similar Threads - Low single core

2. CPU usage Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage Low: My laptop suddenly so laggy, when I check out the task manager I realized the CPU usage is so low, what should I do? I already tried to edit in power plan but it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-low/04f852c0-a5b4-46e8-8a72-d49b37b8a220
  3. CPU usage Low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage Low: My laptop suddenly so laggy, when I check out the task manager I realized the CPU usage is so low, what should I do? I already tried to edit in power plan but it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usage-low/04f852c0-a5b4-46e8-8a72-d49b37b8a220
  4. Low cpu usage afrer 22h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low cpu usage afrer 22h2 update: I read a aricle said that the bug of low cpu usage of 22h2 update had been fixedTherefore, I updated my pc and find that the low cpu usage are still happened to me. When I play Chivalry 2, I usally got about 40% of cpu usage. But now only 5 to 8 % , the FPS are seriouly...
  5. Low cpu usage afrer 22h2 update

Low cpu usage afrer 22h2 update: I read a aricle said that the bug of low cpu usage of 22h2 update had been fixedTherefore, I updated my pc and find that the low cpu usage are still happened to me. When I play Chivalry 2, I usally got about 40% of cpu usage. But now only 5 to 8 % , the FPS are seriouly...
  6. Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low single core performance CPU in windows 11 22h2 update, low CPU usage: The recent patch fixed the low GPU usage issue in games, however, CPU usage is still low. below 6%. So Microsoft still needs to fix that. because when I rolled back the update, the usage is fine. even when i run a single core benchmark in cinebench the CPU usage is still...
  7. Sudden Low cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Low cpu usage.: Hey I used to play on my laptop with no stutters before I reset it because I wanted to have more performance so I watched a yt video and it said go to battery powerplan and use the high performance mode. After enabling high performance my games started to stutter. I play...
  8. Sudden Low cpu usage.

Sudden Low cpu usage.: Hey I used to play on my laptop with no stutters before I reset it because I wanted to have more performance so I watched a yt video and it said go to battery powerplan and use the high performance mode. After enabling high performance my games started to stutter. I play...
  9. Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage: Hello, I've just recently built a new computer and I'm now running into the problem that Windows is getting really slow like opening the Windows Explorer takes forever while CPU/memory/disk usage is all below 10%. My setup: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x at 4.2GHz w/ a be quiet! Dark...
  10. CPU Low Utilization and Low Core Speeds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU Low Utilization and Low Core Speeds: I have Dell Latitude E6530 Core i7-3720QM 2.60ghz and nvidia nvs 5200m For the past month or so my cpu core speed won't go above 0.90ghz and CPU utilization stays below 10% .I tried reinstalling Windows Resetting Computer but none worked. Note:I don't know if this relates...