Windows 10: Low upload bandwidth in Windows 10

Discus and support Low upload bandwidth in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The connection is a 40/10 mbps ADSL, connected to the PC using a DLink Modem + Router. The status page of the router displays [ATTACH] I get 4 times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bluefog, Nov 25, 2018.

1. bluefog Win User

Low upload bandwidth in Windows 10

The connection is a 40/10 mbps ADSL, connected to the PC using a DLink Modem + Router. The status page of the router displays

Low upload bandwidth in Windows 10 8a13678e-be4c-44d7-85f0-d6a4c08b575e?upload=true.png

I get 4 times lower upload bandwidth under Windows 10 as compared to Ubuntu 18.04 (dual boot). Speedtest.net upload speed is limited to around 2-3 mbps max on Windows 10, as compared to Ubuntu where it is consistently above 8 mbps.

Things I have tried:

1. Different software for testing upload speed (OBS/Edge/Chrome).
    2. Reinstalling LAN drivers (latest, downgrading to the previous version).

If I tether an Android via USB connected to the network, I get appropriate upload speeds.

How do I go about troubleshooting this issue?

:)

bluefog, Nov 25, 2018
  2. 7539066 Win User

Realplayer bandwidth low

My nokia e75 new update but realplayer low bandwidth but way

7539066, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Low upload bandwidth in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Low upload bandwidth

2. Very low internet upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very low internet upload speed: My intenet upload speed is very slow. Its 0.12mbps. Download is good at 149.8MbpsCan anyone help a complete novice please. I would apprecaite step by step instructions if possiblemany thanks!...
  3. LAN Upload speed suddenly low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN Upload speed suddenly low: HelloMy LAN upload speed suddenly after Windows update dropped to 1 Mbps. The normal upload speed should be around 60 Mbps. The download speed is still normal about 600 Mbps. The wireless speed hasn't changed, it is still working well. This upload speed drop happened on one...
  4. LAN Upload speed suddenly low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAN Upload speed suddenly low: HelloMy LAN upload speed suddenly after Windows update dropped to 1 Mbps. The normal upload speed should be around 60 Mbps. The download speed is still normal about 600 Mbps. The wireless speed hasn't changed, it is still working well. This upload speed drop happened on one...
  5. LAN Upload speed suddenly low

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. OneDrive for Business Upload Bandwidth Problem

OneDrive for Business Upload Bandwidth Problem: I'm uploading a few files to OneDrive for Business from Windows Explorer. What I see is I have average 500kb/s upload speed no upload bandwidth limit, in the task manager OneDrive is using on average 4-5Mbp/s....
  7. OneDrive for Business Upload Bandwidth Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive for Business Upload Bandwidth Problem: I'm uploading a few files to OneDrive for Business from Windows Explorer. What I see is I have average 500kb/s upload speed no upload bandwidth limit, in the task manager OneDrive is using on average 4-5Mbp/s....
  8. OneDrive for Business Upload Bandwidth Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Changing Upload Bandwidth Limit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Upload Bandwidth Limit: I have installed the latest version of Windows 10. The upload bandwidth limit is greyed and cannot be changed in Settings> Update & Security>Delivery Optimization>Advanced options.Is it possible to change the upload bandwidth limit?...
  10. Network Bandwidth low under 1Mbps- Should be 100Mbps

Network Bandwidth low under 1Mbps- Should be 100Mbps: I am running Windows 10 Enterprise edition, Version 1903. Task Manager (Resource Monitor) is showing Network speed to 10Kbps. I been working all day trying to fix this problem. I started to reconfigure Windows Update following what a lot of people believe is the culprit, also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 and low bandwidth