Windows 10: Low usable memory

Discus and support Low usable memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While looking into a reoccuring problem with my mother's Outlook client, I took a look at the system data and noticed that for memory it listed 8.00 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrendanKOD, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Low usable memory

While looking into a reoccuring problem with my mother's Outlook client, I took a look at the system data and noticed that for memory it listed 8.00 GB 3.94 usable. This seems very off what it should be, and while I haven't looked at the these settings in years, I'm pretty sure that the system was using most of the 8 gb years back. For extra information from that page the processor is an AMD Athlon X4 860K Quad core processor 3.70GHz, and the windows home system is identified as 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor.Any suggestions what I should look into to figure this out?

:)

BrendanKOD, Apr 14, 2022

2. Low on memory???

Hi,

Programs using too much memory and possible infection are a few of the factors that can trigger a Low on memory warning in Windows 10. We suggest running the
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter. This will automatically detect issues that might affect system performance. Follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Select Troubleshooting Control Panel.
    • Click View all.
    • Click System Maintenance.
    • Hit Next.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Apr 14, 2022
  3. JoeNamco Win User
    Memory usable

The amount of usable memory are not exact amounts. Usable memory is a calculated amount of the total physical memory minus "hardware reserved" memory.

Suggest that you do an internet search for more details.

Here is just one page of many about memory:

hardware reserved memory windows 10 - Google Suche

JoeNamco, Apr 14, 2022
  4. Babu V Win User

Low usable memory

windows 10 random shut downs after low memory warning

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.
    Refer to the following methods and check if it helps:

I would also suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows,
      select System Maintenance.

• Click next and follow the
      on-screen instructions.
    Also refer to the steps suggested in this link: Preventing low memory problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preventing-low-memory-problems#1TC=windows-7

Note: Suggestions from the above links are applicable to Windows 10 too.

Try this and let us know the results.

Babu V, Apr 14, 2022
Thema:

Low usable memory

1. Low usable memory - Similar Threads - Low usable memory

2. Low memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low memory: I bought the laptop with 8GB RAM out of which 2GB was already dedicated to the iGPU, so obviously, I would expect the performance of what a 6GB RAM laptop would provide me, but:My laptop barely has any bloatware or a bunch of startup apps, Firefox which I am using right now...
  3. Low usable memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low usable memory: While looking into a reoccuring problem with my mother's Outlook client, I took a look at the system data and noticed that for memory it listed 8.00 GB 3.94 usable. This seems very off what it should be, and while I haven't looked at the these settings in years, I'm pretty...
  4. Low usable memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low usable memory: While looking into a reoccuring problem with my mother's Outlook client, I took a look at the system data and noticed that for memory it listed 8.00 GB 3.94 usable. This seems very off what it should be, and while I haven't looked at the these settings in years, I'm pretty...
  5. memory low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    memory low: hi microsoft i need help i have low memory on my laptop and have just taken a screenshot of treesizenow i don't want to remove any unnecessary files or folders? so i need suggestions really in what to remove and what not to remove there is a file called something page.sys now...
  6. memory low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    memory low: hi microsoft i need help i have low memory on my laptop and have just taken a screenshot of treesizenow i don't want to remove any unnecessary files or folders? so i need suggestions really in what to remove and what not to remove there is a file called something page.sys now...
  7. memory low

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. low on memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    low on memory: my computer tells me I have low memory but trying free up memory doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-on-memory/0d2b9a02-e861-4815-a0ec-8bc68480ebb8"
  9. Memory usable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Memory usable: hey I'm new to all this my ram is 4GB but only 2.45GB is usable can anyone pes help I have a HP all in one if that helps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-usable/55e40f4a-cd23-4712-9eb6-21fc34bcaa7c
  10. Installed Memory vs Usable Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed Memory vs Usable Memory: I am trying to work out why my installed memory and available memory are so far off in difference, 2.7 gig difference. Windows 10 Home Version The virtual memory shows the same difference, 2.23 gb Page file system is 1.25 gb Thank you C...