Windows 10: Low volume after plugging headphones in

Discus and support Low volume after plugging headphones in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says, i have low volume if I plug my headphones (Superlux HD681 EVO) in. Even if I turn it up to 100, it's barely as loud as 30. Rebooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xPandamon, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Low volume after plugging headphones in

As the title says, i have low volume if I plug my headphones (Superlux HD681 EVO) in. Even if I turn it up to 100, it's barely as loud as 30. Rebooting my PC fixes this issue. Has been an issue for a while now but i needed to reproduce it first. Also happens in the last "safe" Insider-Build. Any tips\ help would be appreciated, it's not to annoying since it reboots fast but if instill had no SSD that would be super annoying

PS: Speakers are plugged into the back jack, headphones into the front one. There is no 3rd party audio control panel installed

submitted by /u/xPandamon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xPandamon, Jul 1, 2020

2. My Bluetooth headphones are at very low volume

Hi

I looking for some help.

My Bluetooth headphones are now at very low volume, even when at 100%.

Just to add some more detail

They are Sony Wf1000x

When connected there are two devices listed

• WF-1000x Stereo
    • WF-1000x Hands-free

When I set the default to the stereo the volume is very low, when I set it Hands-free the volume is correct, but only from the left speaker.

I have attached the headphone to the phone and the work perfectly,

This issue has only arisen in the last few weeks, for the previous 2 months I had no issue, nor for the previous six months before when I had a different laptop on windows7, instead of my current Windows10 one.

I have checked that the drivers are all up to date, as well as windows updates.

I have unpaired, removed/replaced the drivers, uninstalled the device.

All to no avail.

Any suggestions would be great;y appreciated.

Thanks,

Vincent.

Vincent Halpenny, Jul 1, 2020
  3. TomBrad95 Win User
    Ringer volume glitches when headphones are plugged in

For your first problem, the ringer volume is only for when you haven't got your headphones plugged in, when you have the headphones plugged in the volume corresponds with that, the sound also comes out of the speakers incase you have taken then off but forgotten
    to unplug them.

Do you unplug the headphones when you answer the call? I suggest unplugging the headphones for the duration of the call then immediately plug them back in again.

TomBrad95, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Low volume after plugging headphones in

Sound volume in headphones is too low

The sound volume in my headphones is too low. I have set all Windows volume controls to the max. With that setting, I can understand speech, but the sound is somewhat distorted, as one expects when turning the volume to max.
    (The distortion makes music not sound good.)
    Max volume should be painful to hear, but this is just OK.

My headphones are wired earbuds, plugged in to the headphone jack in the back of a new HP desktop running Windows 10.

I don't use speakers on my desktop. I only get sound through the headphones.

I have plugged the same headphones into a laptop, and the sound becomes painful with the Windows volume at 33% - so the headphones are not broken.

What should I look for / how can I troubleshoot this?

radumanolescu, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Low volume after plugging headphones in

1. Low volume after plugging headphones in - Similar Threads - Low volume plugging

2. With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why: Windows 10 ,21 H2 JapaneseAcer Inspire E5-576I noticed when I use headphone the volume seems very reasonable but, when I use laptop without headphone I got to increase volume I wonder why?Does that mean I need to install something in the Windows or else OR it is normal...
  3. With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why: Windows 10 ,21 H2 JapaneseAcer Inspire E5-576I noticed when I use headphone the volume seems very reasonable but, when I use laptop without headphone I got to increase volume I wonder why?Does that mean I need to install something in the Windows or else OR it is normal...
  4. With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume: Hello Everyone, about 80% of domain joined computers have gotten the Red x. After troubleshooting we found a quick fix rather then imaging the whole computer. The fix was going to Registry Editor as admin and following this path...
  6. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume: Hello Everyone, about 80% of domain joined computers have gotten the Red x. After troubleshooting we found a quick fix rather then imaging the whole computer. The fix was going to Registry Editor as admin and following this path...
  7. Volume being low while using headphones.

Volume being low while using headphones.: I was using my headphones normally, and one day when I plugged them into my PC the audio gets really low. My volume for the PC is at max and the application volume it happens for all applications is at max. When I unplug my headphones, the audio sounds fine. This would mean...
  8. Low sound volume in headphones - Windows 10

Low sound volume in headphones - Windows 10: Hello, I've been having a problem that's been holding me away from using my headphones with Bluetooth. Every time I use them with Bluetooth, the volume is suddenly much lower, than if I used the AUX-cord. When I tried them on my phone, they could play loud as hell, but with...
  9. plugging in Headphones not remembering previous volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    plugging in Headphones not remembering previous volume: I posted this on tomshardware but had no luck, including original post. Recently without warning or any reason that I could think of something has changed with my headphones, or rather with windows. I used to plug them in along with the separate mic cable into the...
  10. My Bluetooth headphones are at very low volume

My Bluetooth headphones are at very low volume: Hi I looking for some help. My Bluetooth headphones are now at very low volume, even when at 100%. Just to add some more detail They are Sony Wf1000x When connected there are two devices listed WF-1000x Stereo WF-1000x Hands-free When I set the default to the...