Windows 10: Low Volume After Windows 10 clean install

Discus and support Low Volume After Windows 10 clean install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone I own a sony vaio laptop and recently did a clean install of windows 10 on it, however I noticed that the volume was significantly lower... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sean Seebaran, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Low Volume After Windows 10 clean install

Hi everyone I own a sony vaio laptop and recently did a clean install of windows 10 on it, however I noticed that the volume was significantly lower than windows 8.1. My computer uses Realtek HD Audio.
    I tried installing drivers from Sony's as well as Realtek's website, however there is still no change.
    Can someone please help me with this? *Sad

Thanks,
    Sean.

:)

Sean Seebaran, Sep 2, 2015

2. sp3 driver set

My SP3 is fine, except for the engineering flaw of external headset plug where the mic volume is low. I'm simply trying to perform a clean and fresh install of Windows 10.

SFPro3_In_NYC, Sep 2, 2015
  3. toshiba sound problems

After a windows 10 install the sound system works but has very low volume. I have reinstalled all drivers and still cannot get the sound to go about a whisper on full volume.

stevethorntonZ, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Muffy Win User

Low Volume After Windows 10 clean install

In the search box type in Sound, the top option should give you the "Sound" control panel, click on that and 1st tab is Playback.
    Now one at a time click on all options for Realtek and click on properties, ensure that the Realtek Audio Output is at maximum in the Levels tab.

Muffy, Sep 2, 2015
  5. But isn't that just raising the volume to max?
    My problem is that it is soft even on 100,
    Compared how it used to be

6. Muffy Win User
    Low Volume After Windows 10 clean install [​IMG]

Not necessarily, if the settings are not fully set in the properties that can affect the volume max via the normal means.
    Image 4 also check the list options are all unticked.

Muffy, Sep 2, 2015
  7. Ohhhh, I see but it still doesn't fix the problem for me :/
    I saw that many users other than myself have this problem.

8. Muffy Win User

As you can see above i have only the 1 Realtek driver but a number of NVIDIA ones.
    To be brutally honest i would uninstall the driver, reboot the machine and let windows find the best driver and reinstall it.

Muffy, Sep 2, 2015
  9. Muffy Win User
  10. Thanks for the link!! I tried one of the solutions and it worked.
    Thanks alot *Smile

11. Muffy Win User
    You're welcome *Thumbs

Muffy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Low Volume After Windows 10 clean install - Similar Threads - Low Volume clean

2. Very Low Volume After Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Low Volume After Windows 10 Upgrade: Hello all! Happy new year! I recently upgraded a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6025 I-3 from Windows 7 to Windows 10 clean install. Since the upgrade, my sound volume is very low, even when I have the slider up to 100 percent. I believe the audio for this laptop in NVDIA audio. My...
  3. Very Low Volume After Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Low Volume After Windows 10 Upgrade: Hello all! Happy new year! I recently upgraded a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6025 I-3 from Windows 7 to Windows 10 clean install. Since the upgrade, my sound volume is very low, even when I have the slider up to 100 percent. I believe the audio for this laptop in NVDIA audio. My...
  4. Extremely low performance in Valorant after Windows clean-install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely low performance in Valorant after Windows clean-install: Hello.Valorant used to run quite well on my PC before the clean-install. I would get 50-70 FPS With experimental sharpening ON. However, after clean install, the FPS has dropped significantly. I now can't get anything above 40 FPS With experimental sharpening OFF. I am using...
  5. Extremely low performance in Valorant after Windows clean-install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely low performance in Valorant after Windows clean-install: Hello.Valorant used to run quite well on my PC before the clean-install. I would get 50-70 FPS With experimental sharpening ON. However, after clean install, the FPS has dropped significantly. I now can't get anything above 40 FPS With experimental sharpening OFF. I am using...
  6. Windows 10 Low Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Low Volume: Hi Microsoft,Just wanted to make sure you know, that you ruined the volume with one of your updates. The volume is way lower then it used to be. Please release some fix as this it insanely annoying. I can't listen to music on my PC because the sound is way too quiet. My phone...
  7. Frustratingly low volume after installing Windows 10 compared to windows 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frustratingly low volume after installing Windows 10 compared to windows 7: I have tried absolutely everything in sound setting, volume settings, all enhancements, uninstalling drivers, reinstalling drivers, playing with audio defaults, most everything online. My volume compared to pre-update is still frustratingly low, noticeable everywhere-...
  8. Low volume after fresh W10 installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low volume after fresh W10 installation: I just installed Windows10 on my computer after facing some problems with Windows Apps, I've noticed low output coming out of my Logitech G633 headset. Earlier, my Spotify volume bar was set at 40% and windows volume set to 60, and it felt loud, now I have to set volume on...
  9. Low sound volume after clean win10 installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low sound volume after clean win10 installation: Last week I tried to install the creator update and it made my laptop not to boot so I did clean win10 installation. After that I noticed that the sound volume isn't as high as it used to be even when turned up to 100%. Sounds goes unnoticable in somewhere near 13%. I...
  10. Low Level Format, Then Clean Install Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Low Level Format, Then Clean Install Windows 10?: In the past, whenever I have installed or reinstalled an OS I always did so after wiping the drive clean via a third party app such as Kill Disk. Probably unnecessary, but what the hell. Currently running Windows 7 Pro and am now readying for Windows 10. I understand the...