Windows 10: Low volume in microphone

Discus and support Low volume in microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was using a desktop mic but went to use it, and there was no input received. There seems to be a lot of sound input device options and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StephenfromChch, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Low volume in microphone

I was using a desktop mic but went to use it, and there was no input received.

There seems to be a lot of sound input device options and when I chose the pink front 3.5mm socket, I was able to get some audio input received, but the volume was low.

I'm currently using the microphone in my camera which is connected via a USB port, but would like to work out why my front sockets have a problem...

I also had headphones plugged into the green 3.5mm front socket but now in Sound settings I can only see the external speakers connected by a USB socket shown as an option.

Could anyone advise?

:)

StephenfromChch, Mar 19, 2021

2. My microphone volume is very low

My microphone volume is very low so no one can hear me i tried but volume is still low and they can't hear me properly

MustansarD, Mar 19, 2021
  3. eemans Win User
    laptop microphone pickup - very low volume since update

Laptop microphone output volume is VERY low since Windows 10 update that I installed 6/10/20. No other changes. Zoom app (and microphone test through Windows) can barely pick up my voice. Noted that drivers for Intel Smart Sound Technology were updated
    in this build. (Volume set at 100%) Any suggestions?

eemans, Mar 19, 2021
  4. MNA2 Win User

Low volume in microphone

Low Volume When Using Condenser Microphone.

Hello,

See my responses below. Basically I have already tried everything you suggested prior to me making this post. Also I don't understand why a cheap clip-on mic is working while my condenser mic isn't.

Thema:

Low volume in microphone

1. Low volume in microphone - Similar Threads - Low volume microphone

2. Microphone volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone volume extremely low: After I reset my computer due to hard disk failure. I've experience problem with my microphone. The problem is when I'm on my Teams call, my friends told me that my mic audio is extremely low. Did a test on audacity software and all of my microphone including the built-in on...
  3. The microphone volume is too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The microphone volume is too low: Hi,the microphone volume is too low. Yesterday everything was fine but now people cannot hear me wellI've already tried many different approaches: Check and Adjust Microphone Volume from Sound SettingsCheck Microphone PermissionsRun Microphone TroubleshooterUpdate your...
  4. Low volume of microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low volume of microphone: 2 days ago i restarted my entire pc and now i have a problem with microphone. Microphon don't even register my voice and when it does its very quiet. Can someone help?...
  5. Low volume of microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low volume of microphone: 2 days ago i restarted my entire pc and now i have a problem with microphone. Microphon don't even register my voice and when it does its very quiet. Can someone help?...
  6. Microphone Volume Too Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Volume Too Low: My microphone Audio Device was working just fine until recently but after I reinstalled windows the volume for my mic is very low.What I triedDevice Manager > Sound, video and game controllers > Audio Device > Uninstall device then Reset the PC = No change.Device Manager >...
  7. Microphone volume is low

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone volume is low: I'm on the latest version of Win10, I have a Soundblaster Z sound card with the latest drivers, a Lenovo WMR headset and an Nvidia 1070, I think that covers all the potential audio devices on the system. Recently I found that my microphone volume was really quiet. I was...
  8. Microphone volume is very low.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone volume is very low.: How can I make mic volume louder in Win 10? I don't see a slider like on previous versions of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-volume-is-very-low/d2759796-edfb-4861-829a-fdc307c60291
  9. Microphone Volume is very low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Volume is very low: I have a user that is having issues with her microphone, I have already checked all windows 10 settings. There is no Microphone Boost option but the volume is set to max, I checked settings in Zoom and the volume is max and input device is correct. I already tried running the...
  10. Low Microphone volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low Microphone volume: Hey I had a problem where my whole headset was not getting detected, I uninstalled Realtek Audio Driver from Programs and features now it has detected the headset, but my microphone volume is very low, I maxed out the levels and boost and still it doesn't change anything can...