Windows 10: Low volume on boot Toshiba Satellite IDT - have to re-install driver

Discus and support Low volume on boot Toshiba Satellite IDT - have to re-install driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is driving me nuts. Running Win10 Pro 64bit and Mint Sylvia on a P55t-A5118. I have no problems on the Linux end, only Win 10 and that started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ajg617, Jul 28, 2018.

1. ajg617 Win User

Low volume on boot Toshiba Satellite IDT - have to re-install driver

This is driving me nuts. Running Win10 Pro 64bit and Mint Sylvia on a P55t-A5118. I have no problems on the Linux end, only Win 10 and that started after 1709 was installed earlier this year. No problems with 1607. I have MS drivers blocked by policy. Nearly everytime I cold boot, the sound in any application is extremely low and there are no Win10 startup sounds (not that I care but just tells me I have to re-install the IDT driver). I have to re-install the driver (even though the correct one is installed when looking at device manager) to correct the problem. Upon restart, the issue is corrected. Sometimes the IDT driver re-install only performs a repair, and other times it performs a complete re-install.

According to Toshiba, driver is specific to Win 10. What is frustrating is that Tosh has 4 IDT drivers for my machine supporting 64bit Win10 within one day and zero details on differences.
    IDT Audio driver Posted Date: 2016-09-21 | Version: 6.10.6472.0 | Size: 16.33M
    IDT Audio driver Posted Date: 2016-09-21 | Version: 6.10.6472.0 | Size: 16.33M
    IDT Audio driver Posted Date: 2016-09-21 | Version: 6.10.6491.0 | Size: 16.37M
    IDT Audio driver Posted Date: 2016-09-20 | Version: 6.10.6504.0 | Size: 22.77M

I've tried all except the highest version of the driver - 6504 - which I would exepct to be the latest, was actually posted a day before 3 other versions and they all have different executable names and it fails to install with incorrect HW error. Yet, if I look at the driver in device manager, 6504 is installed even though I installed the 6491 version. I unblocked to see if there was an MS driver but there are none. This PC was originally 8.1 and when updated to Win 10, generic MS drivers caused me all kinds of issues. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

AJG

:)

ajg617, Jul 28, 2018

2. Unable to boot Toshiba Satellite

I have a Toshiba Satellite which will not boot from ODD, HDD or USB!

This laptop belongs to a friend who said the problem occurred following a Windows 10 update.

I get the 'Unmountable Boot Volume' message alternating with the '0xc0000225 Error Code'

When attempting to boot from the ODD the disk spins for a short time but then the Toshiba start screen shows and if trying a USB the USB flashes for a short time and then the Toshiba start screen appears. I have also tried running it from an external DVD
    drive. I have tried both Windows 7 and Windows 10 installation disks.

I tried the Windows Fix tool but just got a blank screen. I have since found out that the screen can be blank for some time but now even the Windows Fix tool will not run.

Any suggestions please.

Lesley Rice, Jul 28, 2018
  3. low volume issues

I have tried what other's did to try to correct the low volume without success. I also note on this site and on other sites success was not forth coming in most cases.

I have a Toshiba Satellite. It appears after upgrading to Windows 10 my audio drivers are Conexant SmartAudio HD. I am not savy with drivers and how to fix issues with them. I did not see anyone else here that mentioned these drivers.

The low volume is a deal breaker for me so unless I can find a fix or a fix to issue is not coming soon then I will go back to Windows 8.1 where volume was not a problem.

Any suggestions or date of a fix?

Thank you

SamanthaRoys, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Low volume on boot Toshiba Satellite IDT - have to re-install driver

Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue

Hi folks!

Have a friend with a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 laptop bought around 2009. Device Manager shows a High Definition Audio Device driver.

It has no sound when playing anything from YouTube, however, can use ear buds, and listen to whatever.

Plan to uninstall the High Definition Audio Device driver from Device Manager, then install the proper audio driver. However, can't figure out whether it was bought with a Realtek audio driver, or a Conexant audio driver.

Also, it was upgraded to Windows 10. Toshiba only addresses 2016 Conexant audio drivers.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help. Low volume on boot Toshiba Satellite IDT - have to re-install driver :)

cottonball, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Low volume on boot Toshiba Satellite IDT - have to re-install driver

1. Low volume on boot Toshiba Satellite IDT - have to re-install driver - Similar Threads - Low volume boot

2. IDT driver installation issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IDT driver installation issue: Hi,I tried to update the existing IDT High Definition Audio CODEC using the latest from below:https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=IDTBut after updating getting error. It shows yellow exclamatory mark and also under properties it says 'This device can start....
  3. Driver Toshiba Satellite L850-16D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Toshiba Satellite L850-16D: Dear forum users,I have a small problem: I have just had my portable computer fixed by a professional technician, who changed my hard disk after copying all my files, and pasted everything on the new disk. He did a good job and everything seems to work now, unless my mouse,...
  4. Driver Toshiba Satellite L850-16D

Driver Toshiba Satellite L850-16D: Dear forum users,I have a small problem: I have just had my portable computer fixed by a professional technician, who changed my hard disk after copying all my files, and pasted everything on the new disk. He did a good job and everything seems to work now, unless my mouse,...
  5. Driver Toshiba Satellite L850-16D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Toshiba Satellite L755-17N touchpad drivers

Toshiba Satellite L755-17N touchpad drivers: Hi,Could anyone tell me where i can acquire the correct drivers for the touchpad on my Toshiba Satellite that i have upgraded to windows 10 please, i have tried uninstalling the drivers etc and updating but nothing seems to work???Kind regardsKevin...
  7. Drivers for Toshiba Satellite Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for Toshiba Satellite Laptop: Hi! Someone have drivers for Toshiba Satellite C50-B-15j and can give me pls........ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-for-toshiba-satellite-laptop/83265d0f-8cda-4157-ada5-c8bcbad46967
  8. Drivers for Toshiba Satellite Laptop

Drivers for Toshiba Satellite Laptop: Hi! Someone have drivers for Toshiba Satellite C50-B-15j and can give me pls........ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-for-toshiba-satellite-laptop/83265d0f-8cda-4157-ada5-c8bcbad46967
  9. Toshiba Satellite Click 10 boot problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Toshiba Satellite Click 10 boot problems: Hi all After some help. My Toshiba Satellite Click 10 that has not been used for a while will not boot. "No Bootable Device - please restart system" I can access F2 (toshiba setup utility) but no options on the left hand side to change anything!!! I can access F12 which...
  10. Camera driver for Toshiba satellite

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera driver for Toshiba satellite: Is there an updated camera driver for Toshiba S55t-B in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-driver-for-toshiba-satellite/3a7cb5ce-98ef-4a39-a4f8-3f73de82494d