Windows 10: low write speed

Discus and support low write speed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when I download an app of any platform i.e Microsoft store or steam, I am getting high download speeds but my write speed is only at 2mb/s meaning that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jamezz00, Mar 22, 2019.

1. jamezz00 Win User

low write speed

when I download an app of any platform i.e Microsoft store or steam, I am getting high download speeds but my write speed is only at 2mb/s meaning that it is just slowing down my updates and downloads. I have searched for answers and I cant find anyone with the same problem, most of them have low disks speeds and their usage is at 100% but I have low disk speeds and I have only seen my usage go up to 3%.

this picture is during a 36GB download off the Microsoft store and as you can see, the write speed is low.

low write speed 61685e83-c19c-4232-bc76-984980eb50b2?upload=true.png

:)

jamezz00, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

low write speed

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

low write speed

1. low write speed - Similar Threads - low write speed

2. Download speed is low

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download speed is low: When I am downloading something from the Microsoft Store, Steam or Epic Store, the speed is too low. My Internet speed is 100 MB, so the downloading speed from the Microsoft Store should be about 10MB. But I get about 4 MB. Why is it happening?...
  3. Low write speeds on hard drive (WD10EZEX) using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low write speeds on hard drive (WD10EZEX) using Windows 10: Benchmark in Windows (https://i.imgur.com/ktRTXc8.png), results in a 0.2 MB/s write speed and 9.38s access time, while the read speed is just fine. Chkdsk doesn't show any errors (https://i.imgur.com/kdtzbmd.png). Hard drive is 0% fragmented...
  4. RANDOM read and write speeds too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RANDOM read and write speeds too low: Two USB 3.0 drives and a USB 3.0 flash drive have reasonable to good sequential read and write speeds. But the RANDOM write and write speeds are awful, up to 200 times slower than the sequental speeds. I test with DiskMark from CrystalDiskMark. I tested both with drives...
  5. Download speed is low

Download speed is low: Hey so i have 300Mbps download speed , but today in speedtest only give me 94Mbps how can i fix this ? im using Cable not WiFi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-speed-is-low/7fd6d49e-ba91-4a72-949e-6b6c92ed6105
  6. low internet speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low internet speed: ok so when I test my net speed it seems fine but when I open sites it feels something is lagging is there anything I can do about it I can feel a difference now sites are slow...
  7. Low read/write speeds on a new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low read/write speeds on a new laptop: Hi all, I just purchased an asus laptop for school and gaming barely 5 months ago, recently I've noticed the disk usage spiking to 100% I have tried reinstalling windows, editing sections of the registry, disabling services, but nothing has fixed my issue. My hard drive...
  8. Read and write speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Read and write speed: Hello and my name is Lorenzo. I have an HDD that has a sequential read of 200mbs and a write of 187. I am getting 2mbs when downloading from steam. My hard drive in the device manager says ST2000dm006-2dm164. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Slow write speed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow write speed: Hi, best wishes for 2019! I've noticed lately that my writing speed is quite low. I mean when I copy/paste a large file from one disk to another, or from one disk to an USB external HDD. Things I tried already: - Disk Cleanup - Ccleaner - DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  10. Low download speed

Low download speed: Hello, I have fiber internet with 300 mbps up/down. The problem I am having is that my two windows 10 computers limit the download speed drastically. I am seeing about 150 down and 300 up. All other devices on the network get the full 300/300, including a linux laptop and...