Windows 10: Lower average FPS in games, fps drops (or at least microlags) when moving mouse.

Discus and support Lower average FPS in games, fps drops (or at least microlags) when moving mouse. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; ryzen 7 2700x x470 msi gaming pro carbon gtx 1070 ti g.skill 2x8gb 3000mhz windows on samsung 970 evo plus 1tb logitech g502 hero first of all,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/crysgamer, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Lower average FPS in games, fps drops (or at least microlags) when moving mouse.

ryzen 7 2700x

x470 msi gaming pro carbon

gtx 1070 ti

g.skill 2x8gb 3000mhz

windows on samsung 970 evo plus 1tb

logitech g502 hero

first of all, sorry for these crap sentences and formulations, but i am very bad at this kinda stuff.

i have tried everything already. this problem occured today when i wanted to play some games, everything was fine yesterday. i can't really remember what i tried already because i have tried out so many things. usually, my cpu is overclocked with game boost to 4.15ghz, and my gpu is also overclocked. i thought it was a cpu issue at first since i did have some problems with my cpu in the past, but those got fixed to the most part (its only a little warm in monitoring programs (doesn't go below 45°C, but easily in 30's in bios)). my cpu usage in task manager is normal, currently, with me not moving my mouse, at 13-15%, with chrome, msi command center, lightshot (screenshot program), soundblaster z (for my soundcard), steam, windows defender, nvidia stuff, corsair icue, logitech and xtreme tuner plus (for my gpu) running. however, if i go mad with my mouse in chrome, the cpu usage shoots up by 5-12% and the power consumption for chrome (7th column in task manager) goes from "very low" when doing nothing to "very high".

i have tried to put my cpu back to normal clock speed, uninstalled stuff like adobe creative cloud (its always annoying me and i had many problems with it in the past so i yote it asap), same with my gpu, checked if my ram is under normal usage % and at normal speeds (it is), if my drives are too full, updated literally everything i could find (i even installed an optional windows update which i never do, in an attempt to fix this), have closed literally all programs except for one game at a time, which i used for checking if the lag still occurs (games were osu!, battlefield v, r6s and csgo) and also disabled some stuff from starting with windows.

when i first experienced this, i, like always, had many programs open - usually discord, spotify, chrome with many tabs, command center and the other ones i listed above and some more that i can't remember right now, but nothing special. so i decided to find the program causing the lags per trial & error, closing one program at a time, starting with spotify. after closing spotify, i felt like it got a little better. so i continued until all unnecessary programs were closed, but the problem remained. so i thought, well maybe restarting my pc will help, like it usually does. no, it didn't. it made everything worse, because now closing programs didn't help. until then, i had only played osu!, where you only use your mouse, so i didn't notice that this issue origins from my mouse. eventually i decided to open csgo, which is where i noticed that the average fps is lower, but the fps drop down to 30-40 when i use my mouse. i could move around with wasd with no problem, just the lower average fps (which i still haven't found a reason for). eventually i thought that maybe it is my monitor that is bugging. luckily, i have a second monitor (60hz as opposed to my main 144hz monitor) and it didn't make a difference. since my friend wanted me to join him on a few games of r6s, i decided to give it a try and see how, or if, the game runs well enough for some quickplay. i joined his discord call and when i got into a match, there was an insane delay-like thing between my mouse and ingame-actions. i don't really know how to describe this, but if i moved my mouse quickly for a few seconds and suddenly stopped, the game would follow slowly, with 1+ seconds delay. this problem got worse if i started moving my keyboard and doing other stuff. this was even 10x worse in battlefield v, seriously, if i wiggled my mouse around for like 10 seconds, it would take the game camera around 5 seconds to catch up. additionally when playing r6s, i could barely understand my friend anymore over discord because my pc was lagging so hard, even tho the game ran at little under the usual average fps. no matter the game or what i was doing, the cpu and ram usage in task manager stayed normal, nothing unusual.

eventually i found a solution in youtube's comment section where a guy had a similar problem in just cause 2. the solution was to set the mouse polling rate to 125hz, mine was at 1000hz. while this actually is a temporary solution (but only for osu! and for the most part csgo and r6s, but not for bfv) i strongly dislike 125hz. i have tried it out for around 30minutes now in osu! and while i do not feel a direct difference to 1000hz, i definitely see myself performing worse. i have been using 1000hz for several years now. so this is not a fix for me.

i do not think my pc updated anything when i started it, so i don't know where this problem came from all of a sudden. i have already run NPE (norton power eraser), rebooted my pc like 10 or more times today, and even ran a windows defender scan. i have been trying to fix this problem for at least 4 hours now.

seriously, i can't think of anything else to do. i closed all programs, uninstalled unnecessary stuff like adobe creative cloud, changed clock speeds, removed programs from autostart, updated all my drivers, re-plugged my mouse, checked if the cables are plugged into the pc correctly, everything. i am more than happy to provide additional needed information, ask me any questions regarding the problem.

thanks for reading this far and i hope you have a great day and do not experience this problem. especially not if you like gaming.

submitted by /u/crysgamer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/crysgamer, Dec 23, 2019

2. FPS drop in games

I saw also fps drops with some DX9 games at least since the anniversary update (I even did a fresh install but was the same), the only DX9 game that I play that had fps issues was 4Story (some had no changes, for example TERA, Final Fantasy XIII...), I usually
    had 20-30fps minimum and it runs at 1fps or even lower.

The only way I found to play it was to change the d3d9.dll with the version of it before the anniversary update. A friend also had fps drops in CS:GO with w10 anniversary, so I think the problem is with that file and it should be fixed... There are posts
    that talk about disabling Game DVR in the XBOX app, but since my computer does not meet the requirements I didn't test it.

Daniel_94PT, Dec 23, 2019
  3. drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Lower average FPS in games, fps drops (or at least microlags) when moving mouse.

FPS drop on Windows 10

what is the model of your laptop. What graphic drivers do you have installed? Can you list a game or two where you measured the FPS drop?

Kevin C [MSFT], Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Lower average FPS in games, fps drops (or at least microlags) when moving mouse.

1. Lower average FPS in games, fps drops (or at least microlags) when moving mouse. - Similar Threads - Lower average FPS

2. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  3. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  4. FPS drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  5. FPS drop in games

FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  6. Windows 10 FPS drop when moving Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 FPS drop when moving Mouse: Good evening,I have been using a Logitech G402 for the past few years and never had an issue.However it's now been a week since my fps started to drop everytime i would moove my mouse in a video game.The drivers are all up to date and I have lowered the Poll rate in hopes it...
  7. Windows 10 FPS drop when moving Mouse

Windows 10 FPS drop when moving Mouse: Good evening,I have been using a Logitech G402 for the past few years and never had an issue.However it's now been a week since my fps started to drop everytime i would moove my mouse in a video game.The drivers are all up to date and I have lowered the Poll rate in hopes it...
  8. Windows 10 FPS drop when moving Mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Fps Drops When moving in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps Drops When moving in game: So ive been at this for about 12 hours now and cant seem to figure out what the heck is going on. Yesterday I decided to reinstall windows 10 on my MSI Trident 3 10SI-002US. I figured a clean install to remove all the extras that come with the system wasn't a bad idea but I...
  10. FPS drop on mouse movement in Games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FPS drop on mouse movement in Games.: This is happening to be the 2nd time. Everything works fine on my laptop, but when I play a game, even that works flawlessly if I don't touch the mouse. As soon as I use the mouse for movement, panning and stuff, The FPS drops and game starts to stutter. This happens only...