Windows 10: Lower case s not working on my keyboard

Discus and support Lower case s not working on my keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi very strange thing happened a few days ago, the lower case s stopped working on my keyboard, I could get every other key, inc Uppercase S. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, May 23, 2020.

1. Lower case s not working on my keyboard

Hi

very strange thing happened a few days ago, the lower case s stopped working on my keyboard, I could get every other key, inc Uppercase S.

I tried the usual, uninstall drivers etc, ( found there were 2 keyboards listed ? Uninstalled both, but they both came back ) then took the KB apart and washed the plastic keys....put it together and the lower case s worked fine, sorted, or so I thought, then it stopped working again, assumed it was a hardware fault and bought a new MS keyboard, plugged it in and ALL the keys worked perfectly, until this evening, when the lower case s stopped working again...OMG*Mad I couldn’t believe it. found an article on the Internet that said I should turn OFF sticky keys, didn’t even know it was on ( maybe default ? ) anyway uninstalled both keyboards again, as per the procedure and now the lower case s key is working again, for now anyway.....any ideas what’s been happening ???

:)

reddwarf4ever, May 23, 2020

2. my lower case P wont work

I have tried multiPle keyboards and lower case P will not work I am running windows 10 Pro

JarodRichmond, May 23, 2020
  3. I CANNOT CHANGE FROM CAPITAL LETTERS TO LOWER CASE

I CANNOT CHANGE FROM CAPITAL LETTERS TO LOWER CASE ON MY COMPUTER. I HAVE CHANGED KEYBOARDS WITHOUT SUCCESS - ANY SUGGESTIONS?

william mitchellFP., May 23, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Lower case s not working on my keyboard

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Lower case s not working on my keyboard

1. Lower case s not working on my keyboard - Similar Threads - Lower case working

2. Upper or lower case in spellings of Registries

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upper or lower case in spellings of Registries: What is the correct spelling of this registry - "TCPackFrequency" or "TcpAckFrequency". I believed that the second one is correct, but there is another registry called "TCPNoDelay"; so it confuses me about the correct spelling of the 'tcpackdelay'....
  3. Can't type lower case E on laptop Keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't type lower case E on laptop Keyboard.: The lowercase E doesn't work on my regular keyboard. I have to use an external one. I additionally, cannot use 3, capslock, or the numpad's enter without pressing shift or using an external keyboard. Some people with a similar issue noted that they had some gaming software...
  4. The s on my keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The s on my keyboard stopped working: alright, I am typing on tablet mode, but anyways, the s letter on my keyboard stopped working, it was fine for the whole day, but when I got on a game, the letter stopped working any help? Struggling right now. submitted by /u/HoneySick [link] [comments]...
  5. lower Case C not working

lower Case C not working: i JUST received this PC today and spent a lot of time uploading my games and other software to it. i uninstalled the trial anti-virus and MS 360 as i dont use them. i installed the antivirus i do use. After finishing uploading and installing a lot of what i usually have on my...
  6. loWer case W isn't Working only Works on Capital

loWer case W isn't Working only Works on Capital: My LoWer case W doesn't Work, only Works on Capitalization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lower-case-w-isnt-working-only-works-on-capital/962e5c39-5f2d-4a25-b3ce-97b332e35132
  7. App to convert lower case to upper case

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App to convert lower case to upper case: Hello, I have the need to convert lower case folder names to upper case in Windows 10 File Explorer on a Surface Pro 3. I found a few on line. Does anyone have experience with a free one that you would recommend? Thanks!...
  8. The letter s of my keyboard is not working

The letter s of my keyboard is not working: Today when I tried to use my keyboard I found that my s letter is not working, help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-letter-s-of-my-keyboard-is-not-working/fe7c2bd7-bc53-49e4-a2ea-1fc25e6def66
  9. my lower case P wont work

my lower case P wont work: I have tried multiPle keyboards and lower case P will not work I am running windows 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-lower-case-p-wont-work/5fbf3433-6cfb-4377-a9e3-f28f2360059d
  10. Upper/Lower case swaps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Upper/Lower case swaps: Ok...no help with my last problem with 65143