Windows 10: Lower FPS performance with Windows 10 1909?

Discus and support Lower FPS performance with Windows 10 1909? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So had windows 10 1809 and steam games play fine. When I installed win 1909 I noticed a massive FPS decrease to the point where games were unplayable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mwake4goten, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Lower FPS performance with Windows 10 1909?

So had windows 10 1809 and steam games play fine. When I installed win 1909 I noticed a massive FPS decrease to the point where games were unplayable on my laptop, I rolled back 1809 and my FPS went back up to normal levels.

I did re-install the chipset and GPU drivers for my laptop but that made no difference either. Has anyone else noticed an issue with game performance with 1909?

Laptop Inspiron 5575 AMD Ryzen 5 2500U & Radeon Vega 8

submitted by /u/mwake4goten
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mwake4goten, Dec 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Lower performance on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Lets follow the below methods and check.

Method 1: Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2: Try to login to safe mode and check If the issue persists, if not perform Clean boot.

How to login to Safe mode steps.

• From login screen, press Shift key and click on the
      Power button and click restart to enter Advanced Boot Options.
    • In this page select troubleshoot
      option.
    • And click on Advance option.
    • Select Startup setting from advance option.
    • Here you will find Restart button, just click on it. It will restart PC with safe mode.
    • Once you login with safe mode, update the graphics card driver in this mode.

Method 3: Clean boot

Check if the issue persists, in safe mode.

If the issue does not persist in safe mode, then perform a clean boot to from safe mode to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note:

Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot “to reset computer as usual.

Let us know if this helps or post back if you need further assistance we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Lower FPS performance with Windows 10 1909?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Lower FPS performance with Windows 10 1909?

1. Lower FPS performance with Windows 10 1909? - Similar Threads - Lower FPS performance

2. Lower fps after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lower fps after reset: So i reset my laptop yesterday and i have been getting less fps than before and it is more stable and I used to get 450-500 fps and now i barely get 450fps. I have checked all updates and driver updates and are all up to date...
  3. Lower fps after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lower fps after reset: So i reset my laptop yesterday and i have been getting less fps than before and it is more stable and I used to get 450-500 fps and now i barely get 450fps. I have checked all updates and driver updates and are all up to date...
  4. Lower fps after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lower fps after reset: So I had reset my laptop yesterday and i have noticed i have been getting less stable fps and usually i would get constant 450-500 fps now it can barely reach up to 450fps....
  5. Lower fps after reset

Lower fps after reset: So I had reset my laptop yesterday and i have noticed i have been getting less stable fps and usually i would get constant 450-500 fps now it can barely reach up to 450fps....
  6. Lower fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lower fps: So after resetting my laptop it has been giving me lower fps than before resetting it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lower-fps/c63767ed-f9d1-415b-9e0e-9a06c53d49a5
  7. Lower fps

Lower fps: So after resetting my laptop it has been giving me lower fps than before resetting it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lower-fps/c63767ed-f9d1-415b-9e0e-9a06c53d49a5
  8. Why does high performance mode lowers fps and cpu and gpu usage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does high performance mode lowers fps and cpu and gpu usage?: When i play games on my PC they don’t perform as good as they should. I have a rtx 3060 ti, an i5 12400f and 16 GB ram. And games like elden ring, spiderman perform ok at 60 fps but they often fall to 56 fps or in elden ring when there are effects it falls even down to 42 fps...
  9. Why does high performance mode lowers fps and cpu and gpu usage?

Why does high performance mode lowers fps and cpu and gpu usage?: When i play games on my PC they don’t perform as good as they should. I have a rtx 3060 ti, an i5 12400f and 16 GB ram. And games like elden ring, spiderman perform ok at 60 fps but they often fall to 56 fps or in elden ring when there are effects it falls even down to 42 fps...
  10. fps lower than it should be

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fps lower than it should be: I'm having a problem where my fps is lower as it should be on a good pc. For example, in League of Legends, I'm having low fps -55ms. I don't know why. On my old pc which is gtx 960, I'm having almost 200fps. Now, my pc is new, this is the specs: Ryzen 5 2400G 8GB RAM...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1909 fps lag

2. windows 1909 fps drop

3. windows 1909 low fps

4. 1909 less fps