Windows 10: lower half of screen flashing

Discus and support lower half of screen flashing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; about two hours ago, the lower half of my screen started flashing odd colors. not like flickering, it was more like the lower half and some parts above... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CMBGunshipFromHL2, Aug 11, 2020.

1. lower half of screen flashing

about two hours ago, the lower half of my screen started flashing odd colors. not like flickering, it was more like the lower half and some parts above it would get distorted for about two seconds, wait another two seconds, and get distorted again. a little bit of the top of my screen is unaffected, and the computer (and mostly the display) is still completely functional and usable, and it's just the display that's acting up. i've never really had this issue before, so i didn't really know what to do, but i tried reinstalling the two drivers in device manager, i've tried updating my computer, restarting it, and maybe some other things i'm not remembering. i'm not sure what could be causing this, as the only damage this computer has would be scratches on the keyboard's paint from my fingernails. also, i think now would be a good time to say that this computer is a gaming laptop manufactured by acer. so, im just wondering what's up with it and how i can maybe fix it. could it be age? this computer isn't even a year old. so, as for what the flashing looks like, it goes about two seconds completely fine, then the lower half of my screen gets covered with tiny horizontal pink stripes, one pixel thick. i can also see a transparent copy of my taskbar, in fact, anything that goes into that pink area is copied into the area above. in the top half, above the pink stripes, are lighter, green stripes. these ones are brighter, and sometimes push the pink stripes down before returning to normal, only to come back exactly as it was before. certain colors like white and light grays don't seem to be affected by the green stripes. i did some tests in microsoft paint, and it looks like the green stripes are especially visible on black parts of the screen. these stripes always appear when the screen is on, it doesn't matter if it's in the lock screen or anything before. if it's necessary to provide any more details about the computer, i might know where to find them, so i'll try to give them. i use this computer for nearly everything i do, and in the 9 or so months i've had it, it's served me very well, so i'd like to get this issue fixed as soon as possible. preferably within the next 17 days, actually, because i have a project i've been working on that i have to have done a couple days before the end of the month. i cant find anyone else having a similar problem online, and it might be a hardware issue instead. and if it is, i sure hope it isn't expensive to fix. oh, and if it isn't hardware related, it's probably not anything about the recent update, since it started after the updates and before i actually installed them. but it still might be. who knows. hopefully you. so, again, i'm using a gaming laptop manufactured by acer. might be back later to see replies.

and if i have once again failed to describe something, i'll give a short, less detailed version.

every two or so seconds, pink stripes cover the bottom of my screen. above those stripes are bright green stripes. these stripes are always visible unless the screen is turned off. nothing else is wrong.

if i have somehow still failed to convey what i am seeing, i can just take a picture or answer questions.

thank you for your time, i'll be back later. probably. bye.

submitted by /u/CMBGunshipFromHL2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CMBGunshipFromHL2, Aug 11, 2020

2. Lower half centimeter echoes top half centimeter in flashes

Hi, recently my SP4 started flickering in the lower half of the task bar at the bottom of my screen. Sometimes it decreases when I use my touchpad, but mostly it just sits there. Inside the flickering line you can see the top portion of the screen.
    It seems as if the top half centimeter gets an echo on the lower half centimeter. It is very annoying when using the task bar... any fixes available ? thanks a lot !

YoeriLewijze, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Desktop icons disappear in lower half of screen

What do you use to get this group of icons at the top of the screen?

lower half of screen flashing [​IMG]

Maybe it is interfering with displaying the desktop icons? Tried turning it off?

4. lower half of screen flashing

Flashing half circles along the bottom of my screen

Hello Ian,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to login to the safe mode and check if the same issue persists.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshooting screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.
    [*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

lower half of screen flashing

1. lower half of screen flashing - Similar Threads - lower half screen

2. L2 Lifecam HD-3000 Lower half of screen flickers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    L2 Lifecam HD-3000 Lower half of screen flickers: HiI have recently got a Lifecam HD-3000 and it is completely unusable. In anything above 320x240 240p on video there is incessant flickering of blocks of colour, predominantly over the lower half of the screen. Anything below 320x240 and this disappears. It occurs both on 50...
  3. L2 Lifecam HD-3000 Lower half of screen flickers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    L2 Lifecam HD-3000 Lower half of screen flickers: HiI have recently got a Lifecam HD-3000 and it is completely unusable. In anything above 320x240 240p on video there is incessant flickering of blocks of colour, predominantly over the lower half of the screen. Anything below 320x240 and this disappears. It occurs both on 50...
  4. L2 Lifecam HD-3000 Lower half of screen flickers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Power button on Start menu unresponsive in the lower half

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power button on Start menu unresponsive in the lower half: I've noticed that the Power button on the Windows Start menu of my laptop is unresponsive when clicked anywhere in the lower half of the button. The problem is quite evident from just hovering over the lower half of the button - the button doesn't get highlighted until...
  6. half screen opacity

in Windows 10 Customization
    half screen opacity: hello, does someone encounter a half screen opacity at their laptops? if yes what would I need to do in order to get the half screen opacity.any tips, answer, comments would be helpful thank you so much in advance....
  7. Half green screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Half green screen: Upon waking up my computer last night I noticed that half the screen has turned green, have never seen this before. I did try to update the display driver but the computer tells me that I have the correct driver and that it is working properly. Apart from that I really don't...
  8. Line in the lower half of the monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Line in the lower half of the monitor: everytime i put my monitor on 75 Hz below i see a line on the lower half of my screen everytime i put it higher than 75Hz It dissapear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/line-in-the-lower-half-of-the-monitor/dc27183b-3ab9-43f2-a165-3c0508ac2fda
  9. Flashing shield on lower task bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Flashing shield on lower task bar: On my task bar at the bottom of the screen I have a flashing orange square with the blue and yellow quartered shield in it which won't allow me access to anything in the task bar. I can't access Word and Excel until I go to task manager and select "end task", but it always...
  10. Desktop icons disappear in lower half of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons disappear in lower half of screen: For the past few days, my desktop icons in the lower left-hand side of my screen become invisible. If I slowly move my cursor over the right spot, the little menu pops up telling me what icon I am over, and I can either drag it to the upper left half of the screen where it...